Chapter Sixty Four.

Sofia's friends thought they knew her. They thought they had learned almost inch of her. But, they were proved incorrect.

It seemed as if the selfless girl had changed. A spark would always show in her eye when she was smiling, but it seemed to dye out with her smile.

No one understood it.

She was fine a couple of weeks ago. What had changed? Was her Father dead and she just wasn't telling them? No. It couldn't be. It had to be something else.

A couple of weeks had passed since what happened with Bransen, and Sofia thought she would feel a bit better by now, but if anything... she only felt worse. She couldn't talk to her friends, look them in the eye, she couldn't lie to them. She hadn't laughed in what felt like forever.

Sofia felt empty. There seemed to be no light. Not even some showing through the blinds. Everything was dark, cold, and empty.

Lily noticed how Sofia's jeans seemed to fit her a bit less tighter, meaning she had lost some weight. Which, wasn't a shock. Sofia hadn't been eating that well at all.

As they all sat together in the Great Hall before class, Sofia read 'The Daily Prophet'. She had not appetite to eat, or to do anything really.

"Nose out of the newspaper, Sofia! I'm trying to tell you something!" Lily exclaimed, snatching the paper right from her hands.

Sofia rolled her eyes, and Lily caught her.

"Okay... never mind then." Lily slammed the newspaper right back down in front of Sofia, "Are you going to at least have some breakfast? You—"

"I'm fine, Lily. Just leave me alone."

Hermione's eyes widened from the response, and so did Ginny's.

"Okay, Sofia. What the actual fuck is your problem?" Lily started, and Neville stared at the two girls. "You've been acting like a complete bitch for the past couple of weeks! What happened?!"

Sofia huffed,

"Nothing that would concern you, Jacobson." Sofia snapped back, making Lily's jaw drop. Sofia and her were never on a last name basis.

"Oh, Merlin please help us..." Dean pleaded underneath his breath, knowing that his girlfriend was probably about to lose her shit.

"Oh... I'm so sorry that I'm trying to be a decent friend! You should apologize for being rude to all of us for the past couple of weeks!" Lily stated loudly, almost yelling.

"Okay..." Sofia started, and slammed the newspaper back down. "I'm sorry that I don't wanna hear about your fucking first world problems, Lily! I'm sorry that I have more things in my life to be concerned about than what I'm wearing tomorrow!"

Hermione sipped her water, trying to ignore Lily's reaction to what Sofia had just said.

"You are such a bitch, Sofia..." Lily told the girl.

Sofia shrugged,

"Cool. Thanks for informing me."

Sofia quickly gathered her things, and walked away.

"Bitch..." Lily mumbled, making Neville glance at her.

They all sat in silence for a few moments,

"Well... I suppose that didn't go very well..." Ron awkwardly stated, taking a bite from his toast.

Neville sighed, and started to collect his things as well. Seamus began to ask him where he was going, but deep down, he already knew his friend was chasing after Sofia.