Chapter Fifteen.

Sofia's date with Bransen had been going on for quite some time. Her feet were beginning to grow tired, and she knew her mascara has probably smudged a bit from how harshly the sun had been beating down on her skin. She was having fun, but not in the way she expected. She was enjoying seeing new things around Hogwarts, and trying things such as candy. The chocolate frog had been her favorite thing so far.

But, she started to became a bit annoyed with Bransen. All he did was talk about himself. He didn't live up to his statement of wanting to get to know her better. Sofia should've listened to her friends.

She also was a bit anxious as well. She had felt like someone had began to watch her through the second half on the date. She kept looking over her shoulder, but no one was ever there. It really bothered her.

The last place of the date was a place called Three Broomsticks.

Bransen led Sofia to a table in the corner, and ordered them butter beer. She smiled to herself thinking about what Lily had told her that morning.

She took a sip of it, and it lived up to Lily's words. It was amazing.

"Is it good?" Bransen asked her, taking a sip from his as well.

She nodded at him, and sent him a small smiled. Sofia wouldn't admit it, but she kinda wanted the date to be over. She felt bad, but she just wanted to get back to her dorm and smoke a cigarette. She wanted to be with people who genuinely cared about her own life and her own interests.

"Did you have fun?"

Sofia nodded, but started to feel the same feeling that she started feeling a couple of hours ago.

"It was great... thanks."

Bransen cleared his throat as he noticed Sofia's eyes were darting every which way.

"So..." he started, and Sofia finally faced him again.

"You're friends with Lily, right?"

"Yeah... she's great. How do you know her?"

Bransen laughed a bit, and took another sip from his butter beer. "We sorta had a thing last year. Didn't last too long, though."

Sofia was taken back by this. She thought that Dean and Lily had been together since Year 3. Lily never mentioned a break up when she would talk about their relationship.

"She didn't tell you?" he asked Sofia.

"No... she never told me that..." Sofia looked down and became even more nervous.

"Don't worry. It was a one time thing. Besides, how could I ever get in the way of Lily Jacobson and Dean Thomas?"

He grinned at Sofia, and she just laughed awkwardly. She started to feel uncomfortable now. She could tell that Bransen was not telling the full truth about this whole Lily and him situation.

"And Longbottom? I notice that you two hang out quite a bit."

"Yeah, he's really sweet. Him and Ginny showed me around Hogwarts so I wouldn't be completely lost on my first day."

Bransen nodded and then sighed,

"Yeah. He's kinda... weird. I don't think he likes me that much."

Sofia's eyebrows furrowed at him.

"What do you mean by weird?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. He either talks about plants, or doesn't talk at all. He only hangs out with like—three or four people."

Sofia's annoyance bar was reaching peak levels now.

"I don't think that's weird per say. Neville is just... shy. He's really cool once you get to know him."