Chapter Twenty Seven.

Sofia had drifted off to sleep while reading a book that night, successfully pushing all the excitement for her birthday out of her head so she could sleep.

As she slept, she dreamt of Neville.

She dreamt of him kissing her for the first time. She felt the way she had expected to feel.

He grabbed her hips, and pulled her closer to him. He ran his hands through her hair, and lightly but her bottom lip.

Her short slumber and dream was interrupted by someone shaking her awake.

Her eyes slowly opened to see Lily staring down at her, smiling brightly.

"Hey, sleepy head!" Lily announced, getting strands of Sofia's hair out of her tired face.

"Is something wrong?" Sofia asked, wondering why Lily had woken her up.

Was it already time to get up for breakfast?

"No, Sof. Just get up and you'll see!" Lily chattered, laughing a bit between her sentence.

Lily waited as Sofia slowly rolled out of bed, landing on her two feet. Lily demanded her to put on her slippers, and Sofia did so with an annoyed look on her face.

"Lily... can you just tell me what's going on?"

Lily laughed and pulled her up from the bed,

"Oh, don't be grumpy Sof. Just come with me!"

Lily dragged her groaning friend out of their dorm, and slowly down the stairs. As they walked down, Lily covered Sofia's eyes. Sofia became afraid she was going to stumble and fall.

"Lily—you know I'm an anxious person. What is—"

"Oh, shut up!"

Sofia sighed, and just let Lily lead her to wherever their destination was.

They finally stopped, and Sofia could smell the familiar scent of the common room.

When Lily finally decided to uncover her eyes, she was surprised with yelling.

"Happy Birthday!" she heard from her friends.

She looked around, and saw her friends sitting in front of the fireplace turned to her.

Sofia laughed as Hermione started muttering about how loud they had yelled.

They were all in their pajamas, looking as comfortable as ever.

"You guys... it's not even my—" Sofia looked over at the Grandfather that sat in the same place in the common room. It was a minute past midnight. It was officially her birthday, and of course Halloween as well.

"Oh..."

A couple friends laughed at her tired state, and Neville say shyly in the chair staring at her.

Lily lead her over to the couch, and sat her down next to herself and Ginny.

"Ron and Harry were too tired to participate. But they told me to wish you a happy birthday for them." Ginny told her, and Sofia nodded her head and smiled at the ginger.

Sofia saw Lily out of the corner of her eye run across the room as she started talking to her friends about what she had planned to do for the day.

"I don't really have any definitive plans for the day, I suppose. Not yet at least. But you know... Lily always has something up her sleeve."

Hermione and Ginny both agreed with her.

Suddenly, Lily appeared in front of her with a plate in her hands.