Chapter Seventy Five.

The Next Day.

Snape rolled his eyes as he studied the kids happily skipping out of his class. Everyone was relived for their Potions exams to be done and over with, but Snape deep down, was not looking forward to failing more children.

Sofia slowly collected her things, relieved as well that she had just taken her final Potions test. Until, next year, of course.

She threw her bag over her shoulder, and looked over at the door. By the time she looked over to Snape, the classroom was empty. It was just the two of them.

"Professor?"

Snape whipped his head to face her, and his lips pursed from seeming dissatisfaction. "I'm unable to provide insight on how you did on your exam, Miss Cherith. You must wait until—"

"No...." she interrupted him, earning a evil glance. "Uh—no. That's not what I wanted to speak to you about..."

The way he presented himself had always intimated Sofia. But, the way he taught, he had earned some sort of respect from her.

"Go on, then. I have another class arriving soon!"

Sofia nodded, and slowly walked over to him. She let out a sigh, as she couldn't believe what her next choice of words were about to be.

"I wanted to say thank you..."

Snape raised an eyebrow at her, confused at her words.

"I never said thank you, before. For—you know... everything you did for my Father..."

For some odd reason, Snape would never be able to explain it, the slight appreciation made him feel something he had not felt in a long time.

"You're probably the only reason he survived for as long as he did."

She had expected him to yell, or to simply roll his eyes. But, he didn't. Which shocked Sofia,

"And, you were right. I was in denial. But, he's in the hospital now. So... I don't think there's anything I can do but accept it."

Sofia wasn't lying. He was right. Every foul word he had spoken to her a few months before was true,

"Thank you... for... everything."

Snape let her words absorb him, and the edge of his lips seemed to turn a bit. Sofia was in disbelief at what she thought she would never see him do.

A smile, of some odd sort.

"Yes... I heard the unfortunate news about his decline..."

Sofia looked down at her feet,

"But... you're welcome."

Snape stared at the girl as her feet seemed to move from their original place a bit, and how she didn't respond.

"Best wishes to you and your family, Miss Cherith."

That's when Sofia looked up. She noticed that hard shell that Snape had hid under, seemed to crack a bit.

"Thank you, Professor..."

There was silence for a minute, until he spoke up.

"Now, move along. You have another class waiting for you.