Chapter Fifty Two.

Getting back into the normal school routine for Sofia was a bit more difficult than she had expected. It was quite stressful for her, and Neville easily took notice to that. She had came late to breakfast for the first few days when classes had started. She looked very tired, her dark circles seeming more prominent than usual. It seemed as if she wasn't getting a lot of sleep,

"Do you guys think she's alright? This would be the fourth time this week she's came in late for breakfast." Neville asked his friends, who were all in the Great Hall munching at their breakfast food.

"She's just tired, Longbottom. I think she's fine," Hermione reassured him, and he simply nodded at the girl's response. But, Hermione than looked around. "But now that you say it, Lily isn't here either. That's definitely unusual."

Dean of course had already noticed this. Even though they still were broken up, he worried about her mental health. He hadn't been okay since the break up, so he knew that she definitely wasn't either.

Suddenly, Lily slowly walked in while rubbing her eyes. She looked very disheveled, as if she had just lifted her head from her pillow.

"Lily! There you are. We were getting worried!" Ginny exclaimed, moving her things so Lily could sit next to her. Lily took the seat, and sighed.

"Where's Sof?" Ginny then asked her,

"Still sleeping. She didn't sleep at all last night, she's been worried about her Dad. Do you guys happen to know about the whole situation?"

Neville's breath hitched. No wonder she looked so tired. This should've been obvious to him, but it just wasn't.

"I know about it..." Neville told Lily, and she glanced over at him.

"Of course you do..."

"What is it? What happened?" Hermione asked,

"It's not my business to tell, I suppose. If she wants any of you to know then she'll tell you."

Hermione deep down took offense to this. Why didn't Sofia tell her? Was Sofia upset with her? Did Sofia not trust her anymore because of what happened?

An eery feeling than rushed down the spines of all of the kids when a family Professor stepped into the corridor.

It was Snape.

"What is he doing here at this time?" Ron asked, his mouth stuffed with toast. Harry shrugged, wondering the same exact thing.

Snape then scanned the room, and spotted Neville. The two made direct eye contact, and panic began to arise in his chest. After that, Snape slowly but steadily made his way over to the group of friends.

"Merlin, he probably figured out that I cheated on my Potions exam!" Lily announced, hiding her face from him. Hermione only shook her head in disappointment,

"Well, hello Gryffindors..." Snape greeted them, a blank look on his face. They all greeted him back dryly,

"I notice that Miss Cherith isn't seated with you all today as... she normally would."

No one answered.

Neville knew instantly what was going through Snape's head, or at least he thought he did.

"I suppose she wouldn't be planning on—skipping her classes, would she?"

Snape had a very excruciatingly skeptic look on his face, making some of the group gulp.

"N-N-No. I think she might've went to the library or something to catch up on some studying." Neville told him, tired of the accusations against Sofia.