Chapter Thirty Four.

Neville's hand shook as he slowly opened the familiar door.

"Well, go on, Neville! We have somewhere to be after this!" he heard his Gran say from behind him.

He walked into the room, and walked up to the one out of two beds that were placed into the room.

When he sat down, his anxiety seemed to go up when he looked at the woman laying in the bed.

"Hey, Mum..." Neville announced, making Alice Longbottom slowly turn her head towards him.

Frank and Alice Longbottom. Neville's parents, a couple that faced a fate worst than death. Who would never remember who they were before the tragedy struck, and who would never remember their own son.

Neville suffered so much due to this. He had always wanted to be a normal kid that had both of his parents around.

Sure, they fought for good all those years ago but, Neville didn't feel like it was fair. Why did they have to suffer? It wasn't fair.

Why did he have to suffer?

Neville looked over at his Father, who was fast asleep. Mumbling random things as he dreamt. Well, Neville loved to tell himself that when his parents talked to themselves that they were just dreaming.

"Did you eat today?"

He waited a few moments, but no response came from his mother. Only a emotionless stare.

"Gran made some really nice food for us to eat. It was amazing."

Neville for some reason always had hoped that one of his parents would ask him how school was going, how his friends were, but to no avail, he knew deep down that they never would.

As Neville stared his oblivious Mother, a small smile appeared across her face.

Sometimes, Neville felt like his Mother understood what he was telling her. That she maybe wasn't completely gone, just only the important parts of her.

"I want to tell you about this—this girl I met at Hogwarts..."

He didn't know why he felt the need to tell his Mother about Sofia. He knew he just wanted to.

"You would really like her." Neville smiled to himself, thinking about the girl he loved oh so much.

"She's... different, I suppose. She has—changed me, and it's a bit scary. I really don't know what I'm doing when I'm around her. All I think about is her, Mum. She's so... beautiful. All the way around, of course..."

Suddenly, he heard shuffling from the bed on the other side of the room.

Neville looked up to see his Dad now staring at him. He simply shot him a small smile, but didn't receive one back. His father looked attentive though, like he was being nosy almost.

"Her name is Sofia. She's American, actually. But, her father is sick... just like you guys, a bit less bad off I suppose, but... sick. Her parents moved her to London so her Dad could get better medical care. And, she used to attend the Wizarding school back in America. Um—I can't seem to, uh—remember the name..."

Of course Neville forgot. Neville forgets everything.

"Well... it doesn't really matter. But, she attends Hogwarts with me now. She's in my year, and she even is in Gryffindor with me."

His heart started to swell from thinking about Sofia for so long.

Neville missed her.

"This is weird to probably tell you but... she was my first kiss. I didn't really—still don't really understand how she wanted to kiss me. She's so pretty and I'm just—"

Neville looked at his Mother, who was smiling brightly by now. His father still kept his eyes locked onto Neville's face, just blank.

"Well... I suppose that boys like me aren't really supposed to get the girl in the end. So, I just wanted to tell you guys. Maybe... I was hoping for advice, but I know that you guys won't be able to do that."

Neville put his hands in his face, and he felt himself begin to cry.

He didn't even know why he continued to tell his parents these things. They wouldn't be able to process it, let along remember it. So, why did he always try?

It was so unfair. He just wanted to be able to ask his Mother advice on what to do about a girl he was feeling so much for, like other boys his age did.

But, he would never get that. And, that was the most painful part.

As Neville began to cry, his whole body trembled. He didn't care too much crying about his parents, considering they wouldn't do or say anything about it.

He suddenly felt something move beside him from the bed. He looked down to see his Mother's hand, it laid open. Like, she was waiting for something.

Neville looked up at his mother with tear stained cheeks, and smiled to her slightly.

He slowly accepted his Mom's small gesture. He could never decide whether she meant what she was doing, or if she was just doing it because she was just out of it.

"Thanks, Mum."

Neville didn't really want to stay for too much longer. He was getting too emotional, and he didn't want his parents to see him like that. No matter if they knew that Neville was their son or not.

He kissed his parents on the cheek, told them he loved them, and walked out of the room.

"Thank Merlin you stopped bringing those wrappers out of that room with you, you had enough to cover your walls!" his Gran snapped at him as he walked out of the room.

They both made their way out of St. Mungo's, and Neville's thoughts began to devour him.

He was thinking of Sofia, his parents, his friends, his Grandmother. He always thought about these things, he just never expressed it. He only was comfortable talking to Sofia about it.

Sofia didn't truly know what happened to his parents. Neville had always just told her they were sick, and that they stayed in the hospital. He didn't want to tell her the truth. Neville knew she would pity him, and he didn't want that.

Neville only wanted Sofia to be worried about her parents, especially her Dad.

Neville missed her. A lot. He wanted to get back to Hogwarts so he could see her again.

He wanted to see the one person that he knew truly loved him.