Chapter Twenty Eight.

Sofia's birthday that day had been the best she ever had. Lily had woken her up bright and early once again so they could get a head start for her special day. Sofia had contemplated all morning what she wanted to do. Lily had suggested maybe somehow getting to Hogsmeade, but Sofia declined. She wanted something more simple, but fun.

Sofia had finally decided on something she hadn't done since she was a little girl.

She wanted to have a picnic on the grounds somewhere. So of course, Lily obliged. She snuck into the school's kitchen and stole a bunch of food, and stole an extra blanket from somewhere else.

Sofia had decided to only include Lily, Ginny, and Hermione in her day. She felt guilty in a way, considering she didn't want to make anyone feel like they weren't wanted. Especially Neville. But, those were Lily's terms. Sofia just wanted a girls day mostly, and her other friends were completely understanding of that.

Neville was a bit saddened by the fact Sofia didn't ask for him to come, but it was her special day. If she didn't want him to come, he wouldn't. If Sofia wanted Neville to not be around, he would oblige. Just for the simple fact that he wanted to see her happy, even if he wasn't around.

Harry had given Sofia two boxes of chocolate frogs before she left, and she was very appreciative of that.

The picnic was set up in front of the Black Lake. The weather was a bit more harsh considering they were sitting in front of a body of water. But, no one complained. They just simply wore warmer clothes and enjoyed theirselves.

Sofia had decided on a simple choice of outfit that day. She was wearing the sweater that Ginny's mother had made for her, with some baggy jeans, her old pair of high top sneakers. The sweater was a bit itchy, but once she stepped outside into the cold weather, she was thankful she had decided on it.

The four girls enjoyed themselves as they all ate and sat by the body of water. The tips of their noses had all turned a darkish red color from the cold, but they didn't care.

Neville had spent his whole day in the library, studying by himself. He kept on looking over at the doors, actually believing that Sofia would walk in at any moment. Maybe she would change her mind and just want to hang out with him. But, she never came.

Neville missed her.

One of the conversations between the four girls during the picnic was about the purple hair prank that had been pulled on Lily last year. She spoke about it like it had been the most devastating thing to ever occur in her lifetime. Lily also completed about how Seamus never stopped teasing her about it because she had cried so much about it.

Sofia had suddenly got a genius idea. She told her friends about her plan, and they all laughed as she told them.

So, their next stop for the day was Fred and George Weasley. The two boys they knew would help them out with no complaints whatsoever.

The girls found them hanging out with Lee Jordan in the Great Hall during lunch time. They both wished Sofia a happy birthday, even getting the people around them to sing happy birthday to her. Her face had turned red from embarrassment, but she knew it was all fun and no harm.

"I need a favor from the both of you..."

When she told them, they were excited about the proposition.

"A purple haired Scottish boy coming your way, ladies!"

And they ran off, going to do what the twins did best.

Lily was grinning the whole time, finally relieved that justice was coming her way. She never thought that Sofia would agree to a Weasley prank.

As the four girls walked around the castle gossiping, Sofia started to intensely miss Neville's presence. She told Lily this, and she simply grabbed her friend's hand and dragged her to the library.