Chapter Fourty.

A week had gone by since the night Sofia had crawled into bed with Neville due to her nightmare. Every night, she somehow managed to find her way waking up randomly, trying to go back to sleep, walking to his dorm, and slithering next to him while he had a small smile on his face. It had gotten to the point where Neville would just stare at the canopy above him waiting for her to come.

She didn't know why, but Sofia felt like she could only sleep well when she was with Neville.

Every time she closed her eyes while laying in his arms, she didn't fear the outcome of tomorrow. She didn't have nightmares about her Father. She only dreamt of good things, such as Neville. He was her safe space.

For Neville, he would make sure she fell asleep first before he went to sleep. Then, he would lightly graze his fingers on her arms, her legs, even her thighs. Sofia never complained about it, it actually put her to sleep.

Neville felt like the stars had aligned every time he slept beside Sofia. He knew that she was right there, and that nothing would happened to her. He could touch her anytime he wanted to, and not feel guilty.

The two had slept soundly every night together.

It even got to the point where everyone in Neville's dorm would just casually greet her as if she belonged there. Of course, at first, they were confused when they found the pair tangled up with each other the first morning. But, they had just gotten used to it.

One day, Neville and Sofia had spent the whole day together. Away from everyone besides themselves.

Neville was reading a book, with his back up against a tree. And, Sofia was picking flowers by the lake below them.

"What are you doing, Sof?" Neville asked the girl, smiling at her.

She ran over to him with a little bouquet of freshly picked flowers in her hands, "Picking these for you."

Her smile seemed to be contagious as she passed Neville the flowers. He laughed as he took them from her hands,

"Thank you, Sof. They're really pretty!"

Neville hadn't felt so happy to be alive in so long.

Before her, it was days filled with loneliness, worry, and feeling like no one cared about a word he said. Neville knew he was different, but it bothered him that even his own friends got tired of him being around. He felt as if no one cared about his existence until they really needed something.

But, not with Sofia. Never with her. She understood him through and through. She never told him to stop talking, even if he was just babbling on about Herbology. She seemed to actually want him around.

"Neville? Did you hear what I said?"

Neville shook his thoughts away, getting lost in them.

"No, sorry Sof. What did you say?"

Sofia took a seat next to him under the tree,

"Are we going to the quidditch match tonight? We missed the last one, so I was hoping maybe we could go to the one that's happening tonight!"

Neville smiled at her excitement,

"Of course. Whatever you want to do, I'll do it."

Sofia smiled at him, and linked their arms together.

"What are you reading, Longbottom?" she asked, taking Neville's book. She started to skim the pages a bit.

"Oh—it's a book on Muggle pets. I picked it up a while back. Muggles seem to have a very strange choice of animals running around in their backyard." Neville laughed scratching the back of his neck.