Chapter Twenty Six.

The next couple weeks went by, and Sofia had never been so entranced with Neville before. Every little thing he did made her blush, it made her giddy, it made her feel so special. She felt like a little girl who had a crush on some random boy in her class. Every time he came around her, it was deemed impossible to focus.

It felt like he teased her with all the small things he would do. He would brush his hand up against hers at least twice a day, he would brush the side of his hand up against her leg, he would kiss her forehead when they would part ways from a long day of being around each other.

Sofia's friends started to notice a change in her as well. They noticed how she would do anything possible to be close to him. How every time she would come back to the dorm from hanging out with him she would be smiling brightly.

Something bothered Sofia though. She would always try to push it to the back of her head, but the thought came up so much it seemed impossible to do so.

Neville started to become better at hiding his deep feelings for her. Of course, he would never forget to tell her how amazing she was, or how beautiful she looked every day. But, she wanted more.

It was selfish of her. So, so selfish. She yearned for him so badly. She knew the teasing wasn't intentional, but sometimes, they would have those moments where they would stand so close to each other where they could literally feel the others heart beat. He would stare at her lips, and when he seemed to get close to placing them on hers, and simply ghosted his lips to her forehead. It had gotten so intense for Sofia one day, she felt like she could scream at him.

But, Sofia knew it wasn't right. Sofia knew that Neville deserved better than her. She was pathetic. Her whole life was so complex and confusing she didn't quite understand how she lived it sometimes. She was such an emotional person. She felt everything from the inside out.

And, that was the exact problem. The way she felt for Neville had started to completely take over her. It was eating her away from the insides.

She didn't want to hurt Neville. She didn't want to make an impulsive decision that could hurt him.

Sofia had never been religious, but every night she asked every higher being possible to send her some sort of answer to her problem.

The days grew more complicated, more hard to manage when he was around. It felt impossible to breathe when he was nearby.

Unknowingly, Sofia started to feel the same pain that Neville had been feeling for so long now.

The dreaming, the waking up with the burning ache in the gut, the urge to walk up to the other and just crash their lips onto them.

This was killing her.

It was October 30th, a day before Sofia's birthday.

Sofia had woken up that morning, deciding that no matter what, she was going to enjoy her last day of being 15 years old.

She threw her robes on, did her normal routine, and she didn't even feel the need to smoke a cigarette the wheel time.

Today was going to be a good day.

She skipped all the way to the Great Hall that morning, actually excited to attend all of her classes.

Her friends watched as she walked in with a bright teeth smile on her face.

Neville smiled to himself as he watch the girl walk over to the table. He loved seeing her like this. He loved seeing her happy.

"Hi guys!" she exclaimed, setting her belongings down on the table. She plopped down, and instantly started grabbing breakfast food to put on her plate.