Chapter Nineteen.

Neville and Sofia had been out on their "walk" for longer than they both had planned. The two just couldn't seem to get away from each other, couldn't seem to stop over sharing about their personal lives. Neville didn't want the night to end, but he knew as they sneaked around the grounds that it was coming to a halt.

The shy Gryffindor had never felt so connected to someone before. He never thought he would ever meet a person that was so much like him, but so different from him at the same time. In an unusual way, they fit together like two puzzle pieces. The last two pieces that were needed to create the whole picture.

The two were like grade school kids. They would stare at each other, and then quickly look away and blush when the other one noticed. Especially Neville though, he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from the poor girl for more than ten seconds. He felt as if he looked away, he would miss something about her. The mental notes he had taken on her were filled with pages. He possibly couldn't fit anymore knowledge about her into his brain. But, Sofia always managed to take him by surprise.

Being around her felt comfortable, like it was where he had belonged. Neville never fit in anywhere, never could make people understand him or vice versa. But, it was different around her. She felt like home. She felt like a Christmas morning at his Gran's house, sweet and warm.

Home.

When they arrived back to the common room, somehow unscathed by the Professors who roamed the school late at night, they both took a sigh of relief. But, Sofia felt off. Like something was wrong.

"I think I'm going to head to bed." Sofia announced to the boy, who was still attempting to catch his breath from all the running they had just done.

"Alright. But, are you even sure that you're going to be able to sleep tonight? You did sleep through the whole day, in case you forgot."

Sofia rolled her eyes at the boy's sly remark,

"You would be surprised, Longbottom."

They both laughed, and Sofia flipped her back from her shoulders.

"Goodnight, Neville."

Sofia then placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, and her lips lingered for longer than they should've.

Neville's heart trembled with adoration and excitement at the gesture. He looked at her, obviously very shocked at her choice of action.

They both locked eyes for a moment, and the two subconsciously came closer together. The front of their bodies now touched each other.

'Kiss her. Just do it.'

Neville wanted to. God, it was killing him on the inside. He his heart was racing so fast, he felt like he could have a conniption fit.

The tips of their noses were touching at this point.

'Please...'

Neville pleaded with her in his head. He wanted to seal the deal. He wanted this so badly. No—he needed this.

Sofia didn't know what was happening, all she knew though is that she didn't want it to stop. She could feel Neville's hot breath on her face, making her nose itch a bit. They were so close. So close they could almost taste each other.

'Please, Sofia. Please.'

He felt her fingertips against his, and he lightly touched them.

This was agonizing. Everything about this caused him physical pain. Neville wished he was braver. Any other guy would've gone in for the kiss by now. But, Neville couldn't. He just wanted Sofia to make the move. He had so many dreams about this, and he wanted nothing more for her just to smash her sweet lips onto his.