Chapter Twenty Two.

Sofia smoked a cigarette and stared out a window as she stared at the nighttime sky. The day had seemed to go by so fast, like as if the only reason for the day's existence was specifically for this party.

Sofia tried to make herself look pretty, as much as she could, of course. Lily helped her out on makeup, Hermione helped style her hair. She looked wonderful as always.

Lily was still getting ready, making sure every inch of her looked presentable. She was so antsy about her makeup smudging, her clothes being perfectly straight, it was something that seemed to be taught to her. That appearance was the most important thing about a person.

Hermione and Ginny made their way down to the common room, where multiple people had already made their way to Ravenclaw tower. Some were waiting for their friends on the steps. Hermione could tell that the party was going to be pretty packed this evening.

"Lily is almost done getting ready, Sofia is just waiting on her." Hermione informed the group of boys who stood impatiently.

The group didn't have to wait too long, though. Sofia and Lily sooner than later we're making there way down the steps and talking,

"You're trembling, Sof. Here, drink some of this."

Lily reached into her jean jacket, and pulled out a flask from the pocket.

"Lily..."

"Shut up! Just trust me!"

Sofia didn't have the energy or patience to argue with the stubborn girl at the moment.

Sofia quickly opened the top of the flask, and took a gulp. Her face cringed when the warm substance hit her taste buds. Goosebumps formed all over the petite girl's body,

"Jesus, Lily! What even is that?" Sofia asked, wiping her mouth. She felt the warm sensation in her belly that she hadn't felt since the beginning of Summer that year.

"Nothing that will kill us..." Lily winked over at her, and she earned a suspicious look from Sofia.

"Pregame babe!" Lily yelled, grabbing her boyfriend's attention. She practically leaped into his arms, and took in the familiar scent of him.

"Can we actually make it to the party first before you start stumbling all over the place, Jacobson?" Seamus snorted, earning the middle finger from Lily.

Neville stared at Sofia, who stood off to the side awkwardly. If it were any other time, he would try to spark a casual conversation with the girl. But, he knew he couldn't. Even though, his heart kept screaming at him to.

The group made their way through the school grounds, and to Ravenclaw tower. They luckily were all able to slip in so they would've have to recite the riddle that Ravenclaws called their password.

They all went down the spiral steps, and Neville made sure to walk behind Sofia just in case she fell.

"Lily, how bad are these steps to go back up when you're on the brink of blacking out?" Sofia asked her friend, purely out of genuine curiosity.

"Depends what shoes you're wearing I suppose. But, if the room is spinning than it is a bit of a feat."

Sofia began to hear loud music, and the loud noise of people talking. When she walked into the common room, her anxiety went through the roof as she saw the amount of people that were scattered everywhere.

Neville put his fingers in his ears, the loud noises driving his senses insane.

"Alright, let's start drinking!" Lily yelled at her friends, and they own started to go their separate ways.