Chapter Fourty Three.

The weeks had seemed to go by so quick that even Sofia herself couldn't keep track of them.

The snow laid tally on the ground, covering every inch of Hogwarts in white. It was the most gorgeous thing that Sofia had ever seen. Every morning before getting ready for her classes, she would smoke a cigarette and sit by the window. She would stare out at the eternal sky and try to could every owl she saw that flew past.

Neville though, he was spending the winter miracle trying to think of someway to ask Sofia to be his girlfriend. He didn't want to come off pushy, but he wanted to get his point across. He didn't want to do anything huge, but he wanted to ask her in a nice way. That's what she deserved in his opinion.

They had ended up spending so much time together, Sofia had to tell him that they needed a break. She needed to study for her exams that were coming up before the holiday. Neville reluctantly agreed, but he understood.

Of course, though, they weren't completely distant. They still talked almost every time they saw each other. They still sat together during their meals, Neville had even helped Sofia study for Herbology once. They had even snuck a couple of "I miss you" kisses during their time together.

It was hard for Neville. He had become so accustomed to Sofia's presence, that now he felt a bit empty without her being around constantly.

Sofia's parents had been writing letters to her a bunch lately. They would mention at least three times how excited they were to see her again. But, Sofia felt the same way. She couldn't wait to get home, see her parents, see how her parents set up her room in their apartment in London. She just couldn't wait any longer to be home with her family.

It was another day after excruciating long exams. Sofia had decided that she wanted to keep to herself for the rest of the night after dinner. She sat by her window, attempting to count how many different colors there were on her window pane.

Lily sat in her bed, mindlessly sketching something. Sofia was getting quite concerned when she scribbling on the paper didn't stop.

"What are you sketching?" Sofia suddenly asked, making Lily stop moving her pencil finally.

Lily seemed as if she was pondering, "Not sure..."

Lily and Sofia's friendship was in the middle of a healing process. The only reason they weren't the same now as they were before, is because Lily was still soaking in her sadness from the breakup. She still wasn't speaking a lot, and if she did it seemed very bland.

"Lily..."

Lily looked at her friend, subconsciously admiring Sofia's calm toned voice that she ever so wanted.

"Are you... okay?"

Lily thought for a moment.

Of course she wasn't okay. All of the things that had happened in the past were hitting her like a wave once again. She had always hid her emotions, but the cap on her bottle was about to explode.

"Mhm."

Sofia sighed at the response, and then tried to move her head to where she could see Lily's sketch.

It was the sky. A night sky. The moon, the stars, the consolations. It was so detailed.

"Is that supposed to be the sky?"

Lily looked down at her sketch, and nodded slightly.

"Why the sky?"

Lily started to think once again,

"The sky is pretty. I like to draw things that are pretty."

Sofia nodded again,

"So, why don't you draw yourself more often?" Sofia joked, smiling a bit.