Chapter Fourty Five.

That night, Neville and Sofia held each other. They held each other to the point where they could describe in detail how every part of their body looked or sounded. Neville couldn't seem to part with Sofia when they got back to the common room that night, and Sofia didn't want to leave him alone.

They both slept in his dorm together, sharing his bed like they had done multiple times already.

Neville would cry to Sofia, go to sleep, wake up, cry to her again, go back to sleep, and the cycle would continue. Sofia had barely got any rest that night. But, she didn't seem to care. She cared more about comforting Neville than getting her beauty rest.

"I'm sorry..." he would mutter in her ear, while soaking her shirt with his tears. But, she would always protest and tell him to never apologize for his own emotions.

Only one of his friends had woken up during this time, and it was Seamus. He asked why Neville was crying, and Sofia just simply replied with, "He's stressed about going back home."

Seamus didn't even need to ask why he was so stressed. He had understood why his friend had been so distant and emotional this last week.

The next morning came, and the snow seemed to had only piled up more. Neville was right, the snow basically did go up to their knees.

Sofia didn't want to wake Neville in his deep slumber, he needed to rest before the train ride back to London. So, she simply just snuck off to finish packing her things and get ready for the day.

As she got ready, she pulled out Neville's Christmas gift she had bought and wrapped just a week before. It was a book she found on Herbology, and she had really hoped Neville didn't already have it in his book collection.

She looked down at the bracelet Neville had gifted her the night before, and smiled a bit to herself. It was quite a convenient gift; something that would bring her comfort during their time away from each other.

Ron had woken Neville up at some point, and he was disappointed to see that Sofia wasn't laying beside him.

"She left earlier this morning, I think." Seamus told his friend, as he packed his trunk.

Neville got ready for the day, a blank-less expression sitting on his round face.

Neville was excited for the holidays, but not to see his parents. Of course he loved them and all, but it killed him on the inside to see them the way they were. It had affected him in so many ways mentally and emotionally that he would never be able to put into words.

As Neville got his trunk ready, he looked down at his bracelet. He pulled his wand out, and tapped it twice.

From just a floor up, Sofia was filled with a warm, calming sensation that made her smile as she talked to Hermione. She knew exactly what it was.

Sofia quickly took out her wand, and tapped it five times. She wanted to let him know that she loved him back, but also that she needed to see him.

Tapping it three times was for emergencies only, but giving Neville his gift before they left each other seemed to call for the extreme in Sofia's mind.

Neville shook his hand out of pain, wondering why Sofia would tap the bracelet so many times.

But, he knew what it meant. So, he quickly made his way over to her dorm.

He knocked a couple times, before Hermione answered,

"Sof! Your boy—Neville is here!"

Sofia looked passed Hermione, and they locked eyes with each other. Hermione looked down awkwardly as the two teens stared at each other,