Chapter Fourty Four.

The final day of exams had come and gone. Everyone was so thrilled to be able to have a break from school for the next couple of weeks.

Neville hadn't been in the best of moods in the few recent days leading up to the last day. He was not speaking as much, he kept his distance from everyone besides Sofia. But even then, Sofia felt as if he didn't really want to be around her. Like, he was following through with a chore.

Sofia sat in the common room, sitting in front of the warm fire place. Chatter ran throughout her ears of people talking about Christmas gifts, holiday plans, and so on.

"Hey..."

A familiar voice rang throughout her, making her snap her head to the culprit.

"Oh, hey Neville..." she shot him a smile, and she only got a sad one in return.

"Can I take you somewhere?" he asked, his heart pleading for her to say yes.

"Of course. You don't even have to ask."

She removed herself from the floor, and Neville held out his hand for her to take. She did so with a warm heart, and a giddy smile plastered on her face.

Neville led her out of the common room, and they began to walk outside of the castle,

"Where are you taking me, Longbottom?"

"Our spot." he shortly answered, just making Sofia nod.

Their journey was silent. It was bugging Sofia, because clearly something had been nagging at Neville's heart strings.

"Are you okay, Neville? You've been acting—"

"Fine, Sof."

Sofia was a bit taken back by his interruption, but didn't want to push him any further. If he wanted to talk about what was bothering him, he would.

They shortly arrived to their spot, and they left plenty of footprints in the snow behind them.

"It's freezing..." Sofia shuddered, holding herself even though she had a heavy coat on.

"Sorry... we can go back if—"

"It's okay, Nev."

She smiled at him, but he never smiled back at her.

At this point, Sofia definitely knew that something was wrong. Neville never acted so distant.

They sat down where they would usually sit, and the wind was the only sound that could be heard.

"What are we doing out here, Neville?" Sofia asked him, giving him a questionable glare.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you before we leave tomorrow."

She nodded, expecting him to analyze the statement a bit more.

"Well... is there a reason we came all the way out here?"

Neville looked over at Sofia, and his heart seemed to sink at the sight of her. He loved her so much.

"I just wanted to be with you, in a place where I know we could be alone together..."

Sofia nodded her head, and began to stare at the snow that sat near her feet.

"I got you a gift!" Sofia said in an excited tone, making an effort to lighten the tense mood.

"Really?"

"Of course, Longbottom. Why wouldn't—"

"Oh! That reminds me."