Chapter Twenty.

Warning: Throwing up. I don't know if that could be harmful but I'm just giving a fair warning just in case.
________

As Neville went back to his dorm, he let out a quiet sob that had been building up inside of him for quite some time now. He simply just let his tears fall. He felt like he deserved it after all the things he had let slip out to Sofia.

The night wasn't supposed to go like this. But of course, stupid Neville messed things up once again. He felt as if that's all he knew how to do.

He tried to keep quiet as he cried into his pillow, but his emotions that had been holding him hostage took over. A loud sob erupted from his throat, he practically screamed.

All four of the other boys jolted awake, and looked over at their friend with great concern.

"Neville, mate..." Dean rushed over to his side and put his hand on his back.

"What's wrong with you?" Seamus asked him, but no response came from Neville. Just the sound of more wailing.

Neville hadn't cried like this since at least year one. And back then, he was a kid. But now, he was sixteen years old. Why was he sobbing like a little baby? This wasn't normal for boys his age.

"I fucked it up! I fucked it up, Dean! Like I always do!" he screamed into his pillow. Dean frowned, not knowing why his friend was in such an inconsolable state.

"What did you fuck up, Longbottom? You got to use actual words, mate. We can't help you if you don't. Calm down."

"I CAN'T!" Neville screamed at him, lifting his head from his pillow.

Ron and Harry both glared at each other, taking note of how this was not usual behavior for the Neville Longbottom they had got to know throughout the years.

Seamus jumped from his bed, and sat on the other side of Neville's bed.

"Is it about Sofia?" the Scottish boy asked nervously.

Neville didn't answer, so Dean and Seamus both mutually agreed to take that as a 'yes'.

Neville didn't even want to hear her name, let along think about her. But, he couldn't help to replay their whole conversation in his head. She didn't want him. Maybe she did. He didn't know. She told him she liked him, and he thought that would be enough. But, it just wasn't. Neville knew it was selfish for him to want more, he knew it was unfair to his Sofia.

Little did Neville know though, Sofia was right above him having the same problem as he was. Her three friends surrounded her, Lily in front of her on the floor holding her hands, Ginny sitting on the edge of the bed next to her, and Hermione standing over them.

They were connected, unbeknownst to them. It seemed like they could feel the same exact pain as the other did. It was getting too personal for the both of them. It was too much.

"Why didn't I realize it sooner? Hermione asked me about it, and I just ignored it. I'm such a goddamn idiot!" Sofia sobbed to her friends.

"No, love. You're not an idiot. You were in denial, which is completely normal." Lily caressed her friend's hands with her thumbs.

Lily knew exactly how the two felt. Dean and her went through something the year before. It's something that no young person should have to face.

But fate chooses the most golden ones to break, sometimes.

The next morning came with discomfort and anxiety for the two teens. They knew they would have to see each other, and they weren't opposed to it, just terrified.