Chapter Fourty Eight.

TW: Mention of suicide and death. Please tread lightly.

The rest of the holiday had went by quickly, and Sofia was saddened by the fact that tomorrow was the day she would have to leave her parents once again.

As she tossed and turned in her bed, her thoughts were clouded of seeing Neville again. But, she couldn't brush off this bad feeling she had been having ever since the day before. It was such a strong feeling, one that had started to make her physically ill at certain points.

Sofia looked over, and saw Frank laying next to her. He was sleeping. She knew that the kitten was probably exhausted from playing with her ever since Sofia received him.

After a few more minutes of Sofia trying to sleep, she ended up getting out of bed for some milk. Frank shuffled, and meowed in his sleep. Sofia giggled quietly and pet Frank's head softly.

Sofia made her way out her room, and began down her long hallway.

"Monica... it doesn't work like that..."

Sofia stopped in her tracks when she heard her Dad's voice in a low whisper. She heard the voice from the bathroom, and stopped to listen. She knew eavesdropping was wrong, but she couldn't help herself. She had gained her nosiness from Lily, as Lily would always listen to other people's conversations back at school.

"What are you talking about? She's your daughter! She deserves to know!" Sofia heard her Mother's voice crack a bit. She was now definitely interested in the conversation.

"Listen... Sofia is very stress prone. I'm not putting her through another scare like this. Remember what happened last time? The cops threw her ass in the mental ward at 12 years old! Our daughter almost killed herself if you'll remember, darling!"

Sofia's heart broke a bit hearing her father say it. It was true, though. Sofia had almost ended everything when her Father was in the hospital on the brink of death.

"Of course, I remember! But, she deserves to know!"

"No! This is a new start for her. She has amazing friends, they'll be there for her if God forbid something does happen to me."

What did he mean? Why would she need her friends? What was going to happen to him?

Sofia heard her Mother start to cry a bit, "Nothing is going to happen to you! Stop saying that. Severus said that the treatment would help you better than any other Muggle medication. You've been getting better!"

Sofia's heart sank. Severus? As in Snape? Her Potions professor who would always take points off of Gryffindor for no reason? What did he have to do with Sofia's family?

"I don't care what he says. It's my body..."

There was a pause,

"I'm dying, Monica."

Sofia then felt her whole body tremble. She felt like she could fall to the floor. A tear escaped Sofia's eye, and her Mother's response was nothing but a blurred voice.

No. He wasn't dying. This was just another weak spell. This had happened so many times. Her Father wasn't really dying. He couldn't be. He had made it though so long. The man was as tough as nails.

Sofia's urge for milk faded away, and she quietly rushed back to her room.

When she got there, she sat down on her bed.

"Don't cry. Don't you dare, cry..." she told herself, sticking her tongue to the roof of her mouth to help the sob from spilling out.

Why should she cry? She had nothing to be worried about. Her Dad wasn't going to die.

But, what about Snape? What did he have to do with this? Why was he even mentioned? How did her parents even know about him?

Suddenly, the warm feeling took over her chest. She looked down at her bracelet, and she cracked.

She picked Frank up, and sobbed quietly with him laying in her arms.

Neville from miles away could feel a strain. He felt like something was wrong. And, he only felt that was when it had something to do with Sofia. What had happened? It was killing him that he couldn't check up on her. But, it would be something he could do the next day when he saw her.

He frowned when his chest never warmed up. What was wrong?

Sofia didn't want to answer Neville back. Her heart was too busy being scattered in her body.

She was crying from confusion and anger. Confusion because, how was her Professor involved. And anger, because her Father of all people didn't want to tell her about his health. Even if it wasn't anything bad, she still needed to know. He had always told her these things. It was her Mom that had always wanted to keep things swept under the rug, never the other way around.

"You're not gonna die. You're stronger than that."