Chapter Fifty One.

Deep down, Sofia knew she wasn't going to really feel fully better. She knew that these next couple of days, weeks, months, would be the absolute most stressful. She knew that everyday she would just be waiting for a telegram. It was written in the stars that it would happen.

But, when Neville and her got a compartment on the train alone together somehow, she told him everything that had happened.

His heart shattered for the girl. She sobbed the whole way through telling him the details. He held her the whole time, afraid to let go of the trembling girl. He was worried about her mental state. She seemed like she would crack at any moment.

Somehow though, he had managed to put a smile on the girl's face. Even if it was a small one, he was still relieved to see those beautiful lips of hers turn right side up.

Neville wanted to ask about how her holiday went, but he knew she probably didn't want to talk about her home life now.

"So, uh, what'd you get for Christmas?"

Sofia released an, "Oh yeah!" and reached for her trunk that was above them. She reached her whole body up, but couldn't seem to grab it. Neville laughed at the girl's shortness, and reached up and grabbed it for her with ease.

"Thanks..." Sofia told him awkwardly, embarrassed by her failed attempt.

When they sat back down, Sofia quickly opened her trunk. Frank sat in Neville's hands the whole time, while Trevor sat in Sofia's lap.

When she opened it, she pulled out the stuffed Frog she had gotten for Christmas.

"I named him Trevor,"

Sofia smiled lightly at the boy sitting next to her, and he chuckled as he looked at the stuffed Frog. "Really?"

"Of course, it only felt right."

Neville was completely smitten over the girl. Even something as small as naming her stuffed animals after his pet made his heart swell bigger than anyone could imagine. The gesture made his cheeks warm up, and Sofia even showed the actual Trevor who croaked when she did.

"We can share him, ya know? Like, you can have him one night, and—"

Her offer was disrupted by Neville kissing her right on the lips. It was quick kiss, but filled with nothing but sweet intention.

Of course Sofia kissed him back, but something felt wrong. It didn't feel right to kiss him. Bad timing she assumed. But, that wasn't his fault. She would've done the same thing if it weren't for her current situation.

"Uh—sorry..."

Neville had noticed the stunned, and a bit weird look on Sofia's face.

Jesus. Neville was too good for her. He had on his own will sat with Sofia instead of his own friends, consoled her when she cried, and now kissed her just to show her how much he had missed her. It was truly painful for Sofia. She was so enamored with the Herbology loving boy. He had sacrificed so much for her, and she felt as if she wasn't able to give anything back.

"I-It's alright..."

The two sat there awkwardly for a moment, until Frank has used his small kitten strength to his sat Trevor. He swung his paw at the croaking Toad,

"Hey! No sir!" Sofia barked at the kitten, and he stopped. Sofia then placed Trevor onto Neville's lap, and took back Frank.

Neville chuckled, "They might not like each other."

"It doesn't matter, Frank isn't gonna eat Trevor!" Sofia stared at Frank, who was somehow looking innocently at her. All she received was a long, squeaky meow.