Chapter Seventy Seven.

A/N: I'm so sorry.

Thursday.

Lily sighed, getting another look at her friend who laid still in her bed. She sighed, and closed the door silently.

Sofia hadn't moved from that bed since she found out about her Father's passing. She had to take the rest of her exams in McGonagall's office that day, because, she knew she would not be able to attend the rest of her classes.

She would lie there, staring up at the canopy above her. But, nothing would come to mind. Only quiet whispers from her dead Father that were seeming to consume her.

Lily walked down the steps, and met eyes with Neville.

"How is she? Is she okay?" he started, already slinging questions that the blonde from left and right.

"I don't know, Longbottom! She hasn't spoken in two days! She hasn't moved either!" Lily clapped back, annoyed at the boy's concern.

The last time Lily had heard her best friend's fragile voice was the day she found out. The conversation was simple. Sofia simply told her calmly, gotten into her bed, and hadn't said anything else since. Lily made various attempts to try and get a word out of the girl, but, she wouldn't budge.

"I need to see her, Lily. I'm—"

"Longbottom, listen to me. Seriously. She'll see you when wants to see you. It's not anything against you, and I think you know that. Her—her Father just died, okay? She needs to be alone, right now."

Neville hated what Lily had said, but, he knew it was true. Every word she spoke was correct. The need to take care of Sofia was eating away at him, but he needed to find a way to push it aside.

"Okay..."

Saturday

Neville began to pack all of his things, throwing them into the couple of trunks he had with him. For the past few days, he had been cleaning profusely to get his mind off of Sofia. He had even been making up Herbology quizzes to take. He would write questions down on a piece of parchment, write out four answers, and would go through and answer all of them.

But, he missed her dearly. He missed kissing her, holding her, touching her, and simply just being in her presence.

She hadn't left the bed once, still. Hermione informed him that she had finally said something, but it was to only ask Lily to pass her something. He was relieved to at least know her talk box still worked.

30 minutes went by, and Neville suddenly felt that familiar burning sensation on his wrist. Even though he had felt it before, he would never get used to how much it hurt. He couldn't care about the pain in this moment, though.

Sofia needed him.

Neville walked all the way to her dorm, only for Lily to tell him that she wasn't there.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

Lily shrugged, "She said she was going to some... spot, I think? Sound familiar?"

Neville knew automatically what Lily was referring to, and he didn't even respond before he sprinted off to find Sofia.

All he could think about as he his legs carried him to that oh so familiar place, was why Sofia needed him. Well, he had a clue why. But, he could be wrong. Sofia was a closed book, and there was no telling what she was thinking.