Chapter Eight.

Neville did exactly what he said he was going to do. Even if him and Sofia didn't have the same class together, he would walk her to the front door, and be waiting for her when she walked out. He would just stand there smiling at her until they started walking down the hallway.

The school day ended just as quick as it came, though.

Neville and Sofia walked out of the Greenhouse from their Herbology lesson together, and started walking towards the castle. A path that had already became familiar to Sofia.

"D-d-did you like Professor Sprout?"

Sofia nodded in response at Neville's question.

"Yeah... she's my favorite,"

The two continued on their conversation about how Sofia's classes went, and of course the topic of Professor Snape came up from Sofia.

"He took five points from Gryffindor just because I dropped my book on the floor. It didn't make me sad, I was more angrier than anything!" Sofia complained to Neville who was trembling from the mention of Snape.

"He tends to uh—you know—he does that a lot."

The two Gryffindors continued their journey back to their common room, and simply just enjoyed each other's presence on the way.

Neville couldn't explain it, but he felt like he couldn't leave her side. Not earlier, not right now, and probably later as well. He wanted to be with her at all times. He wanted to make sure she was okay. He didn't want her to be alone.

This didn't mean that he thought she was weak, but he just felt the need to make sure she was okay. Protect her maybe? No. Neville couldn't protect anyone. He could barely even protect himself when it came to people bullying him. If anything, Sofia had protected him more than he ever could. Whether he knew about it or not.

Sofia thought about what Ron had said that Saturday, and was considering telling Neville. Not to stir up drama, but she felt like he needed to know that one of "friends" could say such a thing like that about him. But, she decided against it.

"Hey, how's your arm?"

Neville looked down and pulled his robe sleeve up, and Sofia saw the bandage around it.

"Still hurts a bit. But, it'll be fine I hope. You know... as long as no one pulls on it again..."

Sofia glared at Neville, "Hilarious."

Neville smirked to himself a bit.

They walked up a pair of moving steps to meet the portrait of the fat lady. Sofia knew it was the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, but the fat lady in the painting spoke.

"Password, please!"

Sofia stared at Neville for a moment. He looked back at her, realizing what was going on.

"Merlin...uh..."

Neville started to think deeply. He started to search his own memories, trying to remember the password. He had always had quite a difficult time with remembering things, even if was something he knew for 5 years now.

"Just move!" Someone from behind the both of them yelled, and shoved past them.

They said what Sofia thought to be the password, and the entrance swung open.

The three entered. "Thanks, Harry..." Neville told the boy. It was the boy with the round glasses that Sofia had noticed.

He simply just nodded at Neville and then walked away.