Chapter Three.

Neville stared at Sofia as she walked through the common room entrance with Ginny. He could see her amazement as she looked around the room. Neville smiled a bit to himself as he watched the girl.

"Pretty isn't it?" Ginny asked Sofia. "Yeah... very pretty." Sofia responded smiling back at Ginny.

Neville continued to watch Sofia and Ginny, noticing how she would always flip her hair back when she stated to speak. Then, he watched them go up the stairs leading to the dorms. He sighed to himself, and accidentally hit his hand on his gashed arm.

"Merlin..." he said to himself as pain shot through his arm. He shook his head and made his way over to Dean and Seamus.

Sofia and Ginny reached their dorm, and Sofia loved every bit of it. "It's perfect!"

Sofia didn't expect to get so excited over anything that would happen that day. But, she was. She walked over to her bed, where her trunk and robes laid. A letter laid on top of her trunk as well.

"Oh, that's probably your school schedule, along with other school rules and what not." Ginny opened the letter for Sofia, and she began to read it.

Ginny observed the letter intently, like she was looking for something specific.

"Your schedule seems pretty decent. Besides Snape. But, oh well. There's not too much you can do about that."

Sofia wondered who Snape was. A student? A professor?

Sofia then quickly remembered something. She opened her trunk and quickly began to tear through it. Ginny looked at her with a questioned look, still holding the letter in her hand.

"What are you even looking for?" Sofia lifted her head up when Ginny asked. "Uh... something important..." Sofia then began to look through her trunk again. She sighed out of pure relief when she saw what she had been looking for. She pulled the little box out, and opened it.

"Are those... cigars?" Ginny asked putting down Sofia's letter. Sofia eyes slowly met Ginny's. "Uh—well—yeah." Sofia felt a bit ashamed, but it was the one thing she had been wanting all day. And, she made it through the boulder of stress that had been sitting on her chest all day. It was a reward.

"D-d-do you mind if I smoke?" Sofia asked, but she was scared of what Ginny would say. "Go for it. Just don't let the whole room start to smell like it. They smell gross," Ginny responded making her way over to her bed.

Sofia quickly opened a window and grabbed an old lighter her father had given her. She sat on the edge of the window, and started to indulge in the nicotine stick. She then looked over at Ginny, who shot Sofia glances every now and then with a book in her hand.

"Sorry if this is grossing you out..."

Ginny chuckled. "No, it's fine. I don't judge." Ginny smirked at Sofia, and Sofia laughed in response.

Suddenly the door slammed open, and Sofia saw two girls walked in that she recognized from the Great Hall. They both stopped when they saw Sofia sitting at the window.

"We got the American in our dorm? Sweet!" The dirty blonde said with a bright smile plastered across her round face. Her hair was pulled up into a proper ponytail, with a hair clip in the front.

"Are you smoking a cigarette?" the other girl asked, staring intently at Sofia. "Yeah, I can put it out if it bothers you guys..."

Sofia really didn't know how to respond.

"Our room is going to smell like rubbish! Plus, we'll get in trouble!"

The dirty blonde with the ponytail laughed, "Oh Merlin, Hermione. Shut up! There's like... hundreds of charms for masking smells. I'm sure she knows this. It's not a big deal!"