Chapter Thirteen.

The school week had went by, and Sofia noticed that Neville was acting a bit different around her. It made her anxious because she felt as if she had done something wrong. It's not like he had stopped talking to her or anything, he was just more awkward than usual. He didn't attempt to converse with her a lot like she had gotten used to.

After Neville and Sofia's Herbology class ended, Neville stayed back to clean up and help Professor Sprout while she left for a bit.

Sofia noticed this, and decided to stay back with him.

"Neville?"

Neville turned to her, and he was shocked to see that she was the only still there.

"Oh... hey Sofia..." he looked down and turned around once again, trying not to meet eyes with her.

That bothered Sofia, considering Neville always would look at her when they spoke to each other.

"Are you alright?" Sofia asked him. But, after waiting for a few moment, she got no response.

"Neville, why aren't you talking to me? Did I do something wrong?" She asked him, basically pleading with him to give her an answer. He started to clean up the tables.

"No... not at all..." he reassured her, but still wasn't looking at her.

She huffed, "Well, you're acting different. You kinda have been giving me the cold shoulder all week... and... I don't know— it's making me feel like I've done something."

Neville wanted to be honest with her, but he couldn't. It was inappropriate and wrong.

"I'm sorry. That's not my intention, Sofia..."

'Look at me." Sofia pleaded in her head.

"Okay... well do you want to study together again? Once your done tending to all the plants of course. Then, we can go to dinner together."

'Please say yes...'

Neville's heart started to race. Of course he wanted to, but he was too ashamed.

"Can't... I'm hanging out with uh—Seamus today."

Sofia's heart dropped.

"Well, okay..."

Neville finally looked over at her, the first time all day.

"I'll see you at dinner though."

For some reason, that made Sofia's blood boil. She couldn't pinpoint why the simple statement made her face turn red with aggravation.

"Whatever..." Sofia huffed, and started to stomp away. Neville could see the displeasure in the girl's pale face.

"Sofia!" He called out for her, but she didn't turn her back.

Sofia continued to walk out the greenhouse, and started walking towards the school.

Why was she so upset about this? She had only met Neville a couple weeks ago. She barely knew him for god's sake. But, something about him blowing her off made her angry. Maybe she just started growing too accustomed to his company.

Sofia walked into the castle, and started to head back to the common room. Her thoughts seemed to be clouding her mind, not even noticing the figure who had been following her.

"Hey!" she heard, and turned her body around. She met eyes with a boy who had curly dirty blonde hair, and great big green eyes. He was conventionally attractive.

"Sofia, right?" the boy asked, and Sofia nodded in confusion.

"Yeah, and you are...?" she asked the stranger who somehow knew her.