Chapter Thirty Two.

A couple weeks had gone by, and Sofia's heart for full of melancholy. She had been hanging out with Ginny constantly, and they seemed become even closer than they ever had before. Sofia was always so happy to see Ginny at the end of a long school day.

When they were forced to go to the Great Hall, they simply sat away from the group. Of course, Ginny had to deal with the backfire later, but she didn't mind. She loved being around Sofia.

Lily had started to grow jealous of Sofia's new found friendship with Ginny. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she hated the way they laughed together in the dorm. Shit, Ginny had even tried her first cigarette with Sofia. Of course, she basically almost coughed up a lung, but it was still hilarious to the both of them.

Neville had missed Sofia so much. He also was very jealous of Ginny too. They went to the library together, went to quidditch matches together, and so much more. Neville felt as if he had a right to be in Ginny's place. He had gotten so jealous to the point where if Ginny had tried to talk to him, he would barely respond. He knew it wasn't Ginny's fault, but the envy of her was eating him from the inside out.

It was the day that people were leaving Hogwarts to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families. Sofia had been emotional from the time she woke up, trying her best not to break down in front of her dorm mates.

She was so jealous seeing them packing their trunks up, and talking to each other about their plans for the next few days. It got to the point where Sofia had simply just decided to isolate herself until everyone was gone.

When Neville got done packing his things, he decided that he would walk around the old castle just to get his mind off of things. He wanted to go to his spot. Maybe just to be alone, or to feel closer to Sofia in some twisted way.

He walked and walked until he knew he was close, and as he went to walk forward, thats when he saw her.

The brown, light ginger locks blowing in the wind. The clothes. Just everything.

It was Sofia.

He felt the need to just walk away, leave her alone like she told him to just a couple weeks before. But, as he was about to walk off, he heard something that had always managed to stop him from leaving her side.

Sofia was crying.

He kept telling himself just to let her be, have a moment to herself. But, his heart wouldn't let him. When in times like this, Neville felt that he had an obligation. An obligation to help Sofia when she was in a time of need.

So, he slowly approached her from behind.

"Sof?" he asked, announcing his presence to her.

She quickly whipped her head around, and wiped her tears with the sleeve of her flannel.

In a way, she was relieved to see him. But also, she didn't want to see him. She felt ashamed. Unwanted.

"W-What are you doing here?" she stuttered out, turning her head to look away from him.

Neville scratched the back of his neck, "I'm—uh... leaving soon. And, I just wanted to clear my head, I guess..."

Sofia nodded, still not wanting to look at him.

There was a silence. It wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable either. It was just lingering around them, stalking them from the trees.

"You're going home for Thanksgiving?" Sofia asked suddenly, making Neville lift his head back up from looking at his feet.

"Mhm."

Sofia nodded, letting him know that understood.

"You?" he asked, hoping that she would go home to visit her sickly father.