Chapter Seventy Nine.

Coming back home was just as lifeless as Sofia expected it to be. Her Mother simply said hello to her, kissed her on the cheek, and didn't speak to her again.

That was a day ago.

From then, her Mother stayed in her bedroom, sobbing. Sobbing with tissues all over the place, and only leaving to go to the bathroom, or to prepare a small meal.

Sofia now was sitting alone, at the dinner table, taking tiny bites of her pork chop. She had no appetite, but didn't want to worry her Mother for not eating enough. That was something her Mom had always worried about.

Her thoughts consumed her, taking her away minute by minute.

The silence in the apartment was so loud. It was the only other thing she could hear besides her own thoughts. She wanted to tell her Mother all about Neville, but that's wasn't an option. She wanted to sit with her Dad, and talk about all the things she learned that year, but... that was no longer an option either.

Her Father had lied to her. He promised that they would see each other again. No matter what it took, they would. But, she didn't even get to tell him goodbye. Sofia would be able to in a few days, but only because he would be buried.

Her thought were interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway. Her Mom appeared, and God, she looked pitiful. It was the worst Sofia had ever seen her Mother.

"I'm... uh... going to the store... want anything?" her Mother asked, her voice raspy from what Sofia could only assume was from crying.

She shook her head, "No. I'm fine."

Her Mom nodded, and said nothing else. She simply grabbed her car keys, and left. Not even an "I love you."

Sofia sighed and got up from the table. She scraped her leftovers into the trash, and put her dishes into the sink. She walked through her apartment, every single inch somehow reminding her of her Father.

Especially, his cane. It sat still in the corner of the living room, and it made Sofia tear up.

You will not cry.

Sofia continued the small journey back to her room, and saw that Frank was sitting on her bed, seemingly waiting for her.

You will not cry.

She looked over, and saw her stuffed toad sitting by her trunk.

You will not cry.

Sofia sat down on her bed, and Frank walked up next to her.

You will not cry.

She felt Frank's paw reach up to her wrist, stroking it softly. The cat had his own ways in attempting to comfort her.

"What? Are you hungry, again? I just fed you!" Sofia snapped, yanking her wrist away. Frank meowed, and reached his paw out to her other wrist.

You will not cry.

The cat pawed at the bracelet that sat around her wrist. The bracelet Neville had given her.

"Stop, Frank..."

You will not cry.

He only continued, obviously trying to tell her something.

You will not cry.

"I said stop, Frank."

You will not cry.

The cat ignored her request,

You will not cry.

He meowed once more in an attempt to make her look down at the bracelet,