Cute - Part 1

Caregiver : Hyunjin
Little : Seungmin

-

Alternative life AU (there is no stray kids)

TRIGGER WARNING : BULLYING

-

Hyunjin POV

It was a normal monday for me. The only thing different was me going back home from school by bus as my sister normally comes to get me, but she had something today. It didn't really bother me, I could even say I quite enjoyed bus rides. I could sit at the back and listen to my music. Not a lot of kids from school took this bus, so it was calm enough. I saw a small guy enter the bus after me. I guessed he was from the same school as me. I watched him hesitate to take a seat even tho there was a lot of places. He finally settle in a seat at the front. I turned my eyes and focused on the road for some time until I felt the bus stop and heard the door open. A group of teenagers, looking about my age, got on. They were talking really loud, I could hear them even with my headphones and music on. I decided to put it on pause and looked at them a bit. That's when I saw them approaching the small boy from earlier. One of them laughed and said something. I didn't quite catch it so I took off my headphones completely.

"Oh look at the little puppy boy, he's taking our seats again"

One exclaimed. My heart squeezed, was he being bullied? The rest of the group laughed while I saw the despair in the boy's gestures. He was curling up as much as possible into his seat.

"Look he's scared"

Another round of laughs echoed when a second guy talked. At this point, the whole group was surrounding the boy and I couldn't see him anymore, but I could see enough to catch one of the bullies push the poor boy away from the seat. I quickly got up, making my way to them while trying not to fall with the bus moving.

"Hey what are you doing?"

I asked calmly. The group of six guys turned around to face me. Some of them seemed shook, while three of them kept their smugged looks I wanted to slap so much.

"Well you see, our friend here, took my seat"

I looked over at the boy, he stared back with a confused face.

"How can this be your seat?"

I asked again, colder this time, before continuing.

"This is a public bus. Is there your name on the seat? No? Then leave him alone"

I finished, pointing at the boy, whom still looked lost. The group now all glared at me surprised. Even the one that seemed bolder lowered their heads, growling a bit but still getting up and going at the back of the bus. I sat behind the boy.

"Are you okay?"

I softly asked. He looked at me and suddenly I saw tears forming into his eyes.

"Hey hey don't cry please"

I begged him, but tears still rolled down his cheeks.

"I'm sowwy"

He cutely said. I smiled at him and approached my hand to his face to dry some tears.

"It's okay, what's your name?"

I questionned hopeful.

"I'm Min- hum S-Seungmin"

He stuttered a bit but I found it adorable.

"It's a nice name, I'm Hyunjin"

He smiled and nodded.