Day 4 : What's This Melody

Caregiver : Chan
Little : Jisung

-

Chan hummed a song as he helped Jisung get dressed. The little was listening to it attentively, trying to remember the tune.

Now, little Jisung knew big him was a great songwriter, but he wondered if he could write something while in headspace. He wished he could make something for his appa. His day started with this thought in mind.

Jisung had suddenly slipped that morning and Chan arranged things so they could spend the day together at the dorm. The first alone time he got, when Chan went to the bathroom, Jisung quickly ran to find a piece of paper (and if he had to rip a page of his favorite coloring book for it, it was his business) and excitedly tried to see if he could write anything good. At first nothing really came to his mind. He was frowning, trying to make the words come out, wondering how it was so easy for him when he was big.

The he heard the bathroom door open and he hid it under his bed as fast as he could, crushing the paper a bit. He looked up at Chan when the older entered the room.

"Hey, baby, what are you doing on the floor?"

Jisung's eyes widened, not having thought of a response for that question. He shrugged, frowning.

"Don't know"

He mumbled shyly. Chan laughed fondly and picked him up. Jisung giggled, burying his face into his caregiver's shoulder.

The next time Jisung was alone was when Chan prepared their lunches. He ran to his room the minute Chan turned to the kitchen to prepare some soup.

He got back to his slightly crumbled up paper. He was ready to write a few words when he realised...he didn't feel old enough to write. He frowned, feeling defeated. He sighed softly, but then gasped when an idea popped up into his head. He could just draw the lyrics!

The little put himself to work, humming the song each drawing could create. He smiled brightly when he was finally almost finished.

"Sungie? Baby?"

Chan called from the end of the hall. Jisung gasped, eyes going wide. He hid the song again quickly.

He ran through the dorm to get to the kitchen. Chan sent him a confused look when he noticed him.

"Now where were you, little bug?"

Jisung looked down, laughing anxiously as he tried to find an excuses.

"Sowwy appa, I was pwaying in my room"

The leader ruffled Jisung's hair, chuckling.

"It's okay, love. Why don't you go sit down at the table so we can eat?"

The little nodded and made his way to the kitchen table. Chan brought the soup he made and some crackers to go with it.

The soup smelled so good and Jisung beamed happily at it, excited to eat.

"Go ahead, baby"

The older said, looking proudly at his little when Jisung immediately grabbed his spoon and started eating.

"It's so good, appa!"

Jisung exclaimed, stars in his eyes. He could almost write a song about how great this lunch was. He let a laugh out thinking about it, surprising Chan.

"What is it?"

The leader asked, amused as he chuckled too. Jisung shook his head.

"Nothing"

Jisung hummed, grinning. As soon as he'd perfected his song, he'd show it to Chan. Thinking about this, he quickly finished his meal and asked if he could be excused to his room.

"Of course, honey, appa will clean up a bit and join you soon"

Jisung nodded before turning around and getting to his room. He returned to his drawings, completing the song in a few minutes. As if on cue, he heard his caregiver walking to the bedroom.

When Chan entered, the little had hidden the "lyrics" behind his back and had a small smile bunching up his cheeks.

"Hey baby, what are you hiding there?"

Jisung swung on the balls of his feet shying away for a moment.

"I have a surpwise for appa"

"You do?"

Chan raised his eyebrows, effectively surprised. He'd realised his little was acting quite suspicious today, but he didn't think it was because Jisung was preparing something for him.

Jisung nodded excitedly, answering Chan's question.

"Wook!"

He took the paper from behind his back, showing it to his caregiver. Chan frowned, trying to look at it, but Jisung was moving it around too much. Fortunately, Jisung explained himself.

"It's a song! For you!"

Chan laughed softly.

"Aww, my baby is so smart! Will you sing it for me?"

The leader suggested. Jisung looked at his drawings, ready to sing his song to his caregiver.

The first drawing was one of Chan and Jisung hugging and Jisung grinned when he saw it.

"Appa, I wove you lots~"

Jisung went through the three verses of his song as Chan smiled at him, heart filled with such a warm and proud feeling. Once the little was done, Chan applaused for him and kissed him on the cheek.

"That was so good and so sweet of you, baby"

He said fondly. Jisung felt absolutely thrilled by his caregivers comments.

"Now I can hewp you even when littwwe!"

Chan laughed, hugging Jisung close to him.

"Great idea, sweetheart"

He whispered to him. Jisung giggled and proudly smiled up at his caregiver.

The next day, Jisung was big again. He got ready to go to the studio with Chan and Changbin, when the oldest brushed his hair softly.

"Wanna record that song you wrote yesterday, Sungie?"

He joked, still fond at the memory. Jisung blushed furiously, even though he barely remembered all of it. All he knew was how embarrassed he felt about it.

"Hyung, please..."

He begged, hiding behind his hands.

"What? What song?"

Changbin asked curiously. Jisung flew up to cover Chan's mouth. He shook his head, signaling at him to say nothing.

"No song, it's nothing!"

He almost yelled in panic.

"Come on, Sung. It was adorable, there's nothing to be embarrassed about"

Chan said once he'd gotten the younger's hand off his face. He turned to Changbin before explaining.

"Jisung wrote me a cute song yesterday"

Jisung sighed, bringing Chan closer so he could hide himself into his arms. Chan giggled, patting his head. Changbin laughed softly.

"That's so sweet, Sungie"

He agreed, making Jisung groan.

After that day, he never tried to write another song in littlespace, much to Chan's disappointment. (Although the caregiver did get him to sing the song again.)