Day 8 : Oh Christmas Tree

Caregivers : skz
Little : Seungmin

-

Little Seungmin loved Christmas so much. In fact, the holiday season was his favorite. The members all knew that, as Seungmin was always slipping a lot during that period. Of course, they had to adjust some of their schedules with that in thought, but most of the time it wasn't a problem and everything worked out pretty well.

When Seungmin was younger, his parents didn't celebrate Christmas at all. He would only see the pretty stores with colored lights and decorations from afar. His friends would always talk about what they'd gotten on Christmas day with stars in their eyes, saying Santa had visited them.

Santa never visited Seungmin. He'd heard it could happen sometimes when someone was on the naughty list, but it happened every year for Seungmin.

Every year, he tried to do his best, performing in school and offering his help to his friends or anyone he saw could need it. But still, on Christmas day, no presents...

He thought maybe Santa didn't know there was a kid in his house because his parents never put out a tree like all his other neighbors. So one year he'd asked -pleaded- to have a tree too, his parents had frowned at him and told him no.

He'd felt so dejected that he'd spent the following years hating Santa and the Christmas holiday all together.

When joining JYP entertainment, and subsequently meeting the rest of Stray Kids, Seungmin discovered his little space.

He was terrified at first, wondering what was happening to him, but together with his members, they'd done research and started to understand the phenomenon.

Seungmin couldn't be happier that his hyungs had accepted to be his caregivers and took as good care of him as they did.

Their first Christmas together, on the 24th, Seungmin had suddenly slipped and hidden himself under his bed for the entire day.

The members were very confused and worried, looking for what could've caused the reaction.

Hyunjin had spent the day in the hiding spot with Seungmin, cuddling him and trying to bring some comfort.

The other members prodded him with food or hot chocolate -something he adored, especially in littlespace-, but nothing worked.

The day came to an end and Seungmin still hadn't moved. His caregivers brung him pillows and blankets for the night, not knowing what else to do. They didn't want to force him out from under the bed, in fear of upsetting him further.

The little had cried himself to sleep, worrying Hyunjin who'd stayed with him.

The morning finally came, Christmas day. The group looked into Seungmin's room, deflating when they realised he hadn't come out. They thought the special day would help him relax, but it seemed to be doing the opposite when he woke up and immediately started sobbing.

Everyone panicked, rushing to him, asking what was wrong. They said all sorts of things to try and calm the little down, but nothing worked. Until Jisung spoke up :

"Minnie, Santa brought you gifts, don't you want to see them?"

Seungmin choked on a sob and looked up with a frown.

"No, Minnie nau'y, Santa don' wike him!"

He cried out, making it hard for the others to understand what he was saying, but they understood enough. Felix stretched out his arm to brush a hand through the little's hair.

"What are you saying, sweets? Santa loves you, he brought you lots of presents. They're all waiting to be opened up"

Chan tried to convince him, because it was true, they'd really over did it that year since it was their first year together and with little Seungmin.