Not Good Enough

Caregiver : Seungmin
Little : Hyunjin

-

Hyunjin POV

During the past week I had been feeling weirdly dizzy or felt a strange fuzzy sensation that seemed to blur my head. It truly started when I realized I needed to work more. It had been a month since we debuted and I could see I was way behind the others. I created a schedule for myself and was usually practicing from 8 to 10 hours per day. I thought it was my best option to be on point for the team and the fans. Although I was doing my best, the weird sensation was following me everywhere, I wanted it to stop so every time I was starting to feel it, I pushed myself a bit more to make it go away. I was currently in the practice room, improving on our new choreography while the others were already back at the dorm since it was quite late. My vision started to get blurry and the fuzzy feeling made its appearance so I turned the volume on a little more and danced harder. Making every movements more precise and powerful. Still, it didn't look good enough. I replayed the song for what seemed like the 50th time of the day and danced again. And again and again until I fell. Hard. On the wooden floor. I felt like a cloud was blurring my mind and my whole body was suddenly shivering. I didn't understand what was happening, I only felt so...small? The tears builded up inside my eyes and I started sobbing, defeated by the situation.

Seungmin POV

I looked inside his room and the other rooms, even inside the bathroom, but Hyunjin was no where to be found. I made my way to the living room, where most of the boys were.

"Hey guys, do you know where Hyunjin is?"

I asked, a bit concerned. They all looked at me and while some shook their head no, others were raising their shoulders, signaling they didn't know.

"I think he's still practicing"

I heard Minho say as he was coming out of the kitchen. My eyes grew wide. Practicing? At this hour?

"At this hour?"

I said out loud, worried. Minho shrugged and took place on the couch. I didn't know why, but I was anxious. I felt like something was wrong. I quickly put on my shoes, throwing my coat on and exited the dorm.

I walked fast until I reached the practice rooms of the JYPE building. Most of them were empty, making the large corridor dark except for one light at the end of it. I could hear loud music escape from it. Our new song actually. I sighed and made my way to it. Opening the door, I was shocked hearing soft sobs through the music. I looked around only to find Hyunjin curled up on the floor, covering his ears with his hands. I quickly stopped the music and jogged to his side. Putting my hand on his back, I gently rubbed it.

"Hey Hyunjin, what's wrong?"

I asked worried. It's only then he seemed to realize I was there. He slowly took his hands down and looked at me with big, teary eyes.

"Minwie"

With that he started to cry again and my heart broke.

"What is it Jinnie? Are you hurt?"

He cried louder at that, whining a little.

"Jinnie donw't undewstand what happeniwng, hurwt"

He tried to say between hiccups and tears. I pulled him into my arms and brushed his hair softly, trying to calm him down. I had no idea what was happening, but I would wait until he could explain.

"Ssh, breath, it's okay, I'm there, it's okay"

I repeated a few times while rocking us back and forth. He finally started to calm down, only sniffling from time to time. I didn't stop petting his hair while he took deep breaths.

"Now can you explain what's happening?"

I carefully asked, not wanting him to cry again. He popped his head up and looked scared.

"I donw't know"

He cutely said in a small voice.

"You don't know what's wrong?"

He nodded.

"Jinnie feeling smawl 'cause fell on fwoor and- and all bwurry"

He continued, moving his hand to emphasize some words. I was taken aback by his way of talking, but even more concerned he had fell.

"Are you hurt baby?"

I immediately covered my mouth with my hand, surprised the nickname had slipped itself out so naturally. Hyunjin didn't look bothered by it at all and didn't even react. He only pouted and pointed to one of his knee. I looked at it, but he had his pants covering the area.

"Can I pull your pants up so I can see?"

He shook his head yes and I proceeded. I gasped when I saw a big bruise on his knee. I heard Hyunjin start to sniffle and hiccup again once he saw the injury. I put his pants back down immediately.

"It's okay, dont cry, Minnie will help make the booboo go away"

"Ouwchie Minnie"

He whined, holding his leg.

"I know I know, let's go back to the dorm to put some ice and ointment on it"

He pouted, eyes filled with tears.

"No membewrs see Jinwie"

I stared, confused.

"You don't want the other members to see you?"

He sadly nodded.

"Okay then, I'll go get ice from the cafeteria downstairs, stay here okay baby?"

"Owkay"

He simply said and I quickly got up, trying to get the ice as fast as possible.

When I came back, Hyunjin was still on the floor, head resting on his bag and eyes closed. He was sleeping. I cooed and quietly approached him. Rolling his pant legs up again, I applied the ice carefully. He didn't wake up so I left it there for a few minutes. I then removed it and cleaned the room a little before looking back at Hyunjin. Guess I'll have to carry him. I softly placed his head on my shoulder and pulled him up, holding him on my hip. Finally, I took his bag and put in on my non-occupied shoulder.

When we reached the dorm, both my arms were feeling weak. Everyone seemed to be asleep as the lights were turned off and silence was surrounding us. I placed the still sleeping Hyunjin on the couch before taking off his and my shoes. We'll have some discussing to do, but not tonight. I carried him up again and laid him down on his bed, tucking him in. I sighed and got myself in bed too, quickly falling asleep, exhausted.

-

a/n

I'm really into Seungjin these days so you're getting a lot hehe hope you don't mind. This one was so fun to write, I hope you liked it too

Please give some love to Hyunjin, with everything that's happening right now he truly needs it! <3