Good Job, Chan

Little : Chan
Caregiver : Changbin

-

TRIGGER WARNING : PANIC ATTACK

-

Chan had been alone for a long time. The several years he went through without his members were the hardest times. Within those years he discovered his little side and learned to care for himself. This is something that didn't change even after the formation of Stray Kids.

He never tried to hide his littlespace, but he also never told anything to anyone. So it just ended up like this, Chan taking care of himself. Although, it's not like he wasn't fine with it, he was used to it by now and he didn't even think little him had any idea what a caregiver was. It didn't really matter, in his headspace, he was old enough to keep himself out of danger and he had gotten good at self praises and self reassurances.

Unfortunately, there was one thing little Chan had difficulty dealing with : thunderstorms. Even Chan had no idea why his little self was so scared of them, but thunders and heavy rain always seemed to frighten him.

That meant it was going to be an eventful night.

As soon as he reached the dorm, the rain started pouring. He thought to himself he'd been lucky to get back in time.

It was already late, about 1 in the morning. Chan quickly took off his shoes and coat, hanging it by the door. Going straight to his room he picked up some confortable clothes before heading to the bathroom to shower.

He'd planned on finishing up some tracks after washing up, but as soon as the water touched his skin his aching body felt heavy and he wanted nothing more than to make one with his bed as quickly as possible.

In result, after only five minutes, Chan was warmly tucked in bed, ready to finally sleep. He closed his eyes, letting a sigh escape his lips.

A loud noise, most likely the sound of the thunder outside, made him jump out of his skin. His eyes opening wide, this time with a different glint to them. The jumpscare had immediately made him fall into little space.

Tears were threatening to fall at the corners of his eyes by then, but he shook his head, blinking them away.

"Is okay Chan, you doin' good"

He whispered while getting out of bed. He moved quickly to his dresser but not before another thunder rang. The little whined and fastened his pace.

"You good boy Chan, you can do it"

He murmured calmly to himself again.

Picking up a pair of noise canceling headphones and digging further into the closet to find his plushie he ducked down quickly as lightning illuminated the room once again.

The headphones now on his head, he tried to calm down his breathing.

"Is 'kay, Channie"

He petted his hair while rocking slightly back and forth. He felt tears collect at the corner of his eyes, but refused to let them fall. He was a big boy, big boys didn't cry!

He took one last big breath before standing up and running to his bed. He stuck out his hand from under his covers to look blindly for his phone. The moment he reached it he quickly retracted back, making sure his entire body was warmly tucked under the blankets. He connected his headphones to his phone through the bluetooth, like he had done numerous times both when big and little.

"Hey s'ri"

He carefully whispered.

"Hi Chris"

It answered back to him. He giggled at the name, smiling down at his phone.