Day 7 : Party's Not Over

Caregivers : Minho (+Chan)
Little : Jeongin

-

Jeongin was laughing to himself as he was conversing with stays via bubble. The answers he was getting were making him laugh so hard he could cry.

He was resting on his bed, alone in his room, but he could hear his dormates talking and watching a movie in the next room.

Jeongin kicked his feet in excitement as another reply appeared on his screen. He was so focused on giggling that Jeongin didn't realise he was slowly slipping.

It wasn't a problem for the most part, -he was a big five year old boy after all!- except it could be noticeable in his writing. His sentences made less and less sense, words and letters slurring together.

'You're so funny' becoming 'yu so fun' and so on. The little was still oblivious to it all until stays' replies became more wondering. They were asking him if everything was okay and if he was making a joke.

Jeongin frowned, not understanding why stays were confused as he quickly responded.

'no joke! I just ittle'

His eyebrows still furrowed, he stared at the screen waiting for stays to understand and be funny again. Just as he was bout to type in something else, the door to his room opened briskly.

"Innie! Please give hyungie your phone, sweets"

It was Minho standing at the foot of his bed, a frightened expression adoring his face as he extended his arm to Jeongin. The latter pouted, shaking his head.

"No! Stays fun, wan' talk to them!"

He protested, not wanting to give his device away. The older sighed, the worried look still remaining on his face.

"Innie, we can have fun together if you want, but hyungie really needs your phone for a little bit"

Jeongin perked up at the idea of playing with his hyung and forgot all about keeping his phone to himself. He gave the item to Minho, who quickly tapped something on the screen with his fingers before turning it off.

"Okay, Innie, let's go play!"

He exclaimed, taking Jeongin's hand in his. The little smiled, eyes turning into crescents.

Jeongin almost dragged Minho to the living room, where all his toys were stored. Seungmin and Felix, in the kitchen, glanced towards them with twins smiles. The older let him do as he pleased, chuckling to himself. The disaster had, for the most of it, been aborted. Minho had typed a quick message on Jeongin's bubble saying it was indeed all a joke.

As much as the group would like to be able to reveal Jeongin's little side to their fans, the company had made them promised they wouldn't. JYP was scared of the public's answer and feared for their future as a group if the info came out.

It was bullshit if you asked Minho, but he couldn't do much about it. He tried to think of it as a way to keep Jeongin away from the possible haters.

Jeongin pulled on the older's sleeve when he realises Minho wasn't paying attention to him.

"Hyungie! You said we have fun!"

Jeongin whined to him. Minho's eyes widened when he understood he had been in his head for a bit. He immediately crouched down on the floor next to Jeongin and gestured for the little to get his toys out.

The younger beamed and started to choose his favorite toys, a miniature plane with large wheels, a pink teddy bear and a barbie doll. Minho laughed softly at the disparity of the three. Jeongin, though, was already creating a story in his head and tried his best to explain it to Minho.

"Ba'bie wan' go on the plane, but big teddy no wan' so he meanie and push barbie!"

He exclaimed, mimicking the actions as he talked. Minho nodded and quickly took a role to play with the little. The teddy bear in hand, he made roaring noises towards the doll Jeongin was holding. Jeongin let out squeals and hid his toy behind the plane.

The game continued for a little while until Jeongin noticed something else he wanted to do. He gasped when he saw the puzzle resting on the common room table. It was a big foam puzzle picturing an elephant and her baby. Jeongin loved it so much he played with it almost everytime he slipped.

Minho giggled as he realised where the little's eyes had landed and let him get the big pieces out of the box.

Just as Jeongin was almost finished with it, the front door slammed open, startling the younger. Felix and Seungmin had also been alerted and came out of the kitchen to see what was going on.

Chan was standing by the door, out of breath. He looked around at everyone's widened eyes, trying to catch his breath to explain his concern and the reason he was there.

He glanced towards Minho, pointing at Jeongin.

"Jeongin, he- bubble, little-"

Minho almost laughed at the leader's effort to talk as he looked like he'd just run a marathon.

"It's fine, we're fine, hyung. I don't think stays noticed much...but did you really ran here?"

The dancer chuckled, very amused by Chan's state. Chan nodded, finally breathing normally.

"Yeah, I tried to come as soon as I could, but I got held back at the studio"

Seungmin laughed, shaking his head before dragging Felix back to the kitchen, where a nice smell was escaping.

"Stay for dinner, hyung!"

Felix yelled before he was completely out of sight. Chan smiled at them before focusing back on the little on the floor.

"Hey little guy, did you have fun with your Minho hyungie?"

Jeongin nodded energically, already past the fright he'd gotten a few minutes ago. Chan ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead.

"That's great, can I join you?"

He wondered, watching in delight as the little's eyes grew bigger and he nodded once again.

Minho made place for the leader and the three tried out different games together, the older two focusing on making the younger laugh.

Soon enough it was dinner time and they all got seated at the table. Felix and Seungmin had prepared some type of pasta with a sauce that took them most of the afternoon to make, -but maybe that was mostly their own fault, they still had more skills to develop- .

Fortunately, Jeongin's slip out had indeed not been that big of a deal. Stays didn't question it again and the company didn't even seem to have noticed. Although, the maknae tried to be more careful from then on.