Chapter 72

The magnificent dome adorning the exquisite gemstones was supported by the regal, golden pillars. The luxurious royal court of the opulent palace of Shivgarh was an epitome of grandiose and authority of this majestically affluent kingdom.

The royal court was held like every other day with the eminent king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput sitting authoritatively on the royal throne and ministers discussing the agenda of the day. The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was also seated on his regal throne near his father, the king who was presiding over the royal court.

The taxation minister was requesting the king to waive the taxes of the villages of Shivgarh due to failure of crops in many areas because of lack of rainfall while the prince Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was lost in his own world. With a frown plastered on his face, he was upset and disappointed at the turn of events the previous night.

Veerbhadra had waited patiently for the queen last night to meet him after all, he had planned her downfall meticulously but to his disappointment, all his plans were ruined when he realized she had never visited the heart of the forest last night. He was completely baffled as he had never expected that she would not come to meet him. As his plan was not yet implemented, all his hopes were shattered and he was brainstorming ideas to take revenge against the queen.

Veerbhadra knew that he had fallen for the captivating beauty of the queen, his goldfish and thus, he wanted to take revenge against his enemy quickly. It was difficult for him to plan revenge against the woman he loved but he had to do it for his dead grandfather, Maharaja Mahendra Singh Rajput. He closed his eyes and huffed remembering the painful memories as the dead body of his grandfather flashed in front of his eyes. However, his trance of thoughts was broken when one of the royal guards announced the arrival of royal messenger from Vijaygarh.

Each and every minister present in the royal court was baffled at the sudden arrival of a royal messenger from the enemy kingdom. The defence minister of Shivgarh was red in anger while the king was shocked. Veerbhadra’s heart began thumping loudly and was ready to jump out of his ribcage.

With a shock written all over his face, the king allowed the royal messenger to come in the royal court. However, right now, the king of Shivgarh was bothered about his son’s deeds instead of the animosity between the two kingdoms. He glanced at his son who seemed to be clueless of everything.

As soon as the royal messenger entered the court of Shivgarh, the king instructed him to state the purpose of his arrival avoiding the gaze of the wise ministers onto him. Paying his regards to the king of Shivgarh, the royal messenger passed the scroll to one of the attendants of the court.

The instincts of the old king were constantly nagging him to read the message all alone but according to the rules of his royal court, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput was bound to instruct his royal attendant to read the message. As soon as the royal servant received the instructions, he unwound the scroll to read the message from the queen of Vijaygarh written flawlessly in red ink and signed underneath with the stamp of lion, an epitome of valor and pride.
Glancing at the contents of the letter, the royal attendant fumbled as he proceeded to read it,

Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput

The animosity between Vijaygarh and Shivgarh is indeed, a hurdle between the successes of both the two prosperous kingdoms. Thus, you are requested to look forward to this marriage alliance between the two kingdoms and handle the merger between the two kingdoms diplomatically.

Notably, once the valiant prince of Shivgarh was captured by a unit of eight dacoits in the forests of Vijaygarh. Despite, the prince was not supposed to violate the treaty between the two kingdoms and enter the dense forests of Vijaygarh, still the prince had come to kill the dacoits who were disturbing the peace of both the kingdoms.

Coincidently, I was myself investigating the whereabouts of dacoits when I happened to meet the prince in the helpless state. I was taken aback by the brutality imposed on the helpless prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput and performing the duties of a righteous Kshatriya, I saved the life of the prince who was in my shelter.

Since then the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput claims to be smitten by me in various letters he has secretly sent. The letters written by him in his wonderful penmanship are also sent as the evidence.

Thus, I would be overwhelmed if you approve this marriage alliance for the happiness of your son. As the wedding gift, I demand the merger between the two kingdoms under the unified estate of Vijaygarh which shall be ruled by the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore. The prince can take the retirement and enjoy his stay in the palace looking after his family and his folks.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Regards
Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore
Queen of Vijaygarh

The letter was indeed, capable of dropping a bomb. The wise ministers of Shivgarh were gawking with a sinister smile on their faces at the prince of Shivgarh who was sweating in fear and shame. The king was seething in anger when the royal messenger from Vijaygarh came forward and handed over the letters which were written by the prince to the queen.

As soon as the royal attendant saw the handwriting, his face paled. The wise old minister of Shivgarh, Aascharya Tripathi laughed sardonically attracting the attention of everyone in the royal court and said, “Your highness, you were planning the revenge against Vijaygarh but your deeds have brought you under the questioning gaze of your people.”

The old king glared at his son who had chosen to keep quiet with his head bent down in shame. He realized the mighty queen of Vijaygarh was perhaps, aware of the conspiracy his son was planning against her and hence, she played her cards really well. He was ashamed at his guileful son and he dreaded that the reputation of the Rajputana royal family was completely ruined because of Veerbhadra.

The king questioned his son, “Prince, do you want to speak anything in your defence?”

“Umm… This is an insult”, Veerbhadra managed to speak as he fumbled in the royal court where he was scrutinized under the penetrating gazes of the royal ministers and servants who were mocking at the prince. He was mentally cursing the queen who had deliberately insulted him in his own royal court.

The enraged king could not gather guts to look into the mocking eyes of his subordinates and hence, he dismissed the royal assembly for once avoiding the questions of his ministers. The royal ministers cursed and chided the incompetent king and his useless son who had ruined the reputation of their kingdom before leaving the royal court. The arrangements were made for the stay of the royal messenger from Vijaygarh till the reply was being prepared.

The old king dragged his son to the meeting chambers and demanded the presence of the commander-in-chief of Rajputana army, Uday Singh Chauhan to prepare the strategy for future as he realized the war was inevitable.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Here's the new chapter!

This is the new letter!!! 😉

So, I guess, Aparajita humiliated Veer in the most pathetic way 😜

How's the chapter? 🤔

Share your views and miss me till I am back! 😘

Please hit the ⭐ button.

Love you all
💜