Chapter 42

Aparajita yawned as she got up from her luxurious bed lazily. The previous day was indeed, really hectic and tiresome for her. In heavy rains, the queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had travelled to Surajpur along with her most trusted men to inaugurate the canal that diverted the waters from Rampur in Surajpur.

A smile crept on her lips, when the queen remembered an old lady blessing her. She smiled satisfactorily as she reminisced the enthusiastic farmers who thanked her profusely for helping them and their drought-struck village.

Rubbing her eyes with her palm, she sighed looking at Dharmadoot sitting on the window sill. Anger bubbled inside her as she glared furiously at the poor bird who innocently sat beside her bed on the window sill waiting for her to wake up. She wondered why the prince had sent a letter for her again.

The trained pigeon cooed and fluttered its wings trying to gain attention from the queen who took long strides towards Dharmadoot and took the letter.

Opening the letter furiously, she sighed hailing profanities at the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput.

Aparajita nodded her head sideways giving a thin-lipped smile as she read the words, ‘I am a royal of Rajput clan and I am proud to say that I adore your generosity and amazing beauty.’

Caressing the attractive penmanship, she wondered what trouble had she invited for herself. Her heart swelled up with an unknown emotion as butterflies began to dance in her stomach when she read the remarks of Veerbhadra in her praise.

“Can a simple girl like me affect a royal prince?” the little girl inside the queen questioned the queen as involuntarily Aparajita’s hand went to her cute, button-like nose and a smile crept on her lips. The logical side of her mind reprimanded her for behaving like a teenager ready to get married and immediately she realized her responsibilities.

Standing in front of her vanity table made of pure gold, Aparajita looked at her reflection in the mirror. She wondered if she was actually beautiful to deserve so many praises and her plump lips curled into a smirk making her realized that the smiling woman in the mirror was indeed, attractive enough to entice the prince. Moreover, she was a powerful queen and hence, there would be many royal kings and princes wanting her, she thought and laughed authoritatively. Being a queen of powerful Rathore clan, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore how greedy royals were for power and money.

Even if the prince was attracted to her, she could never think of pursuing any relationship with him because it was simply a clandestine act, an incorrigible affair which would just tarnish her image in public. At no cost, could she afford to taint the public image of Rathore clan, she thought as she read further.

Her heart skipped a beat, when she read, ‘Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput wants to meet you.’

She chuckled at the childishness of the twenty-five year old prince. She wondered why he could not understand the gravity of the issue.

“Which Rajput would think of pleading a girl to meet him?” Her inner conscience questioned her sarcastically and she wondered it was not mere attraction or his so-called love, there was certainly more to the things in front of her. She realized it was high time to probe the real intentions of the prince.

Her heart forgot to beat as she held her breath when the little girl inside her questioned her, “What would you do if he has actually fallen for you, Aparajita?”

She shrugged as an unknown emotion crept inside her trying not to answer the question. Surely, she could never expect getting married and leaving her kingdom after all, she was none other than ruler of her kingdom, Vijaygarh. Precisely, the brilliant queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore lacked answer to the simple question that how would she be reciprocating his feelings.

Her eyes popped out shockingly as she released the breath she had holding unknowingly when she read, ‘I am coming to the forest on this Sunday in the morning. I will love seeing you at the same place you saved me.’

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore glared at the letter as image of Veerbhadra disguised as a cloth merchant flashed in front of her chocolate brown eyes. She was indeed, shocked at the audacity of the prince. She wondered where his persevered spirits were when she was fighting with the dacoits and he laid helplessly not even getting bothered to protect himself.

She was actually curious to know how the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput trespass the territory of Vijaygarh. She felt goosebumps on her skin as she speculated the presence of mole in her kingdom who would help the prince entering into the lush forest of Vijaygarh without being caught.

With different thoughts running in her mind wondering how was the prince of Shivgarh so sure to reach in the middle of the forest without being caught, she contemplated whether she should go and find out things herself or not.

Getting curious about the modus-operandi of the prince and trying to find the loopholes in her venture of fortifying her territory, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore gasped inquisitively as she planned to visit the forest on the Sunday morning and personally find out what the stupid prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was planning to do.

She did not need to answer this letter, she realized but the trained bird was sitting patiently on the window sill waiting for the reply. She sighed as she took a blank paper from her study table folding it neatly. Tying it around the neck of the poor bird, she gestured it to fly.

With thoughts upon how would prince arrive in her kingdom on Sunday, Aparajita clapped thrice summoning her royal maids and instructed them to prepare a bath for her. She also instructed one of the royal guards to inform her mentor, Siddharth Pratap Singh that the queen would skip the sword-fighting practice for today after all, she had a tiring day yesterday and her morning was ruined by the prince of Shivgarh.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Hopefully you liked the update. 😍

So this clears Aparajita's point of view that why would she meet the prince. 😂😂😂

Well, curiosity kills the cat!!!😝🐱😝

Sneak peak, 🙈

Clad in her exquisite bridal trousseau, Nandini was sitting in her room with tears in her eyes while her cousins and friends were teasing her.

I will be updating soon till then shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments. 💕💕💕

Hit the 🌟 button please. 😅😅😅

Love you all
💜