Chapter 41

Veerbhadra was busy admiring the stunning queen and wondered why the beautiful girl had to kill his grandfather. Had she not intervened in the battle, he would have gleefully sent a proposal to marry her, Veerbhadra thought and chuckled at his trance of feelings as his eyes fixated on the small waist of the queen in the painting.

He reprimanded himself for behaving like a love-struck adolescent for eyeing the assets of the queen in the portrait but couldn’t control his desires. He tried to focus on the idea of revenge as he planned to gift this mesmerizing painting to the beautiful queen, the next time he met her but his mind was focused on the beautiful face of the elegant queen. He was behaving like a forlorn lover instead of a determined man to avenge his grandfather’s death. Slumping on his bed, Veerbhadra smiled satisfactorily as he remembered the innocent queen who had tried to help him from the bandits he had planted himself.

His trance of thoughts were broken when Dharmadoot entered his bed chambers. The little bird cooed around his master, fluttering its wings and Veerbhadra smiled as he took the letter neatly encased in an iron box.

His heart began thumping loudly and his toes curled as he expected a beautiful response from the queen. No doubts, Veerbhadra was unknowingly dying to see her once. The enchanting beauty of the queen had surely casted magical spell on the prince but he was not ready to accept his feelings.

Reading the letter, he felt a pang in his heart. A day could not go any worse than this, he thought as he let out an exasperated sigh. He felt as if something shattered inside him after he read the words, ‘I will not be able to meet you in near future’. It was not the resolve of revenge that had shattered, but the hope to meet the queen.

‘I would suggest you to focus on your life and your kingdom instead of trying to meet me.’ A smug smirk appeared on his lips, as he read the advice his goldfish had given to him. He chuckled as he realized he was obviously focusing on his goal to avenge his grandfather’s death. His goldfish was too innocent, he thought as a glint of slyness crept in his eyes.

A pang of guilt swept in his mind, as Veerbhadra read these words, 'I don’t want to involve in any secret conversation via letters with you. Such things don’t end up on good note, being a royal of Rajput clan, you can very well understand what I am trying to convey.'
His father’s warning resonated in his ears, as Veerbhadra felt guilty for playing with the emotions of the innocent queen. He wondered was he genuinely making a mistake, a sin.

Contemplating whether he should continue his game or end things thereby, resorting to waging a war and capturing the rival kingdom; he sighed.

Pondering over the queen’s words, Veerbhadra anxiously paced in his room with his eyes fixed at the beautiful portrait he had drawn imagining the queen. He shrieked as he realized he wanted to meet the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore at any cost. For now, he wanted to meet the queen keeping aside the turmoil going inside him.

With a smile on his lips, he mentally made a plan to enter the premises of the royal kingdom of Vijaygarh without being caught. With newly found determination to meet the gorgeous Aparajita, Veerbhadra penned down another letter.

Dear Aparajita

Your humble admirer felt pain in his heart after reading your letter.

I am deeply hurt to know that you named my pious feelings towards you as a clandestine act.

I am a royal of Rajput clan and I am proud to say that I adore your generosity and amazing beauty.

Your ebony black tresses are so beautiful and so soft. I would love to smell their captivating sandalwood fragrance throughout my life.

Your chocolate brown eyes are so intense that I can gleefully drown in them. I will be glad to sit in front of you and admire your enticing eyes which have bitter sweet symphonies to convey throughout my life.

Your pink, plump lips look adorable when they speak. Your sweet voice with lots of emotions, authority and affection is indeed, soothing like a melodious song to me. I wish your soothing voice could ring in my ears till my last breath.

Your button-like small nose gets red when you are angry. You look cute when you are annoyed.

Your long slender neck is beautiful. I would like to adorn it with expensive rubies. The red rubies would add to the beauty to your milky white, soft skin.

Your courage is truly commendable. The way you killed the dacoits brutally using your presence of mind was really exceptional. You saved me despite knowing I belong to Shivgarh. I am in love with your kindness. The respect for you increased manifolds in my eyes after that night.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput wants to meet you.

I am coming to the forest on this Sunday in the morning. I will love seeing you at the same place you saved me.

Your secret admirer will be waiting for you, dear queen. Please grace your presence.

Regards

With love

Yours Veer

For the first time, after penning down the letter, Veerbhadra felt a pang of guilt in his heart. He wondered he had surely lied the queen about his intentions and he felt betrayed by his own self for playing with the emotions of the queen.

The only satisfaction was Veerbhadra had truly described the appealing beauty of the queen and he smiled looking at the portrait he had drawn. Folding the letter, he tied it around the neck of Dharmadoot and gestured the trained bird to fly.

His stomach growled making him realize he had not eaten anything after the altercation with his father. With a smile playing on his lips, the excited Veer instructed one of the royal servants to bring him food.

The guileful prince of Shivgarh, Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was truly smitten by the gorgeous beauty of the queen and he was excited to meet her on the weekend. He prayed that she should come as he hid the beautiful portrait he had created.

With thoughts of Aparajita in his mind, the prince forgot about the resentment of his father and disappointment of his friend as he relished upon the scrumptious meal in his bed chambers.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

As promised, I bring to you the update. 💖

Do hit the 🌟 button if you like the chapter.

I will be waiting for your lovely comments and valuable votes.  😘😘😘

Love you all
💜