Chapter 14

Looking at the exotic diamonds, Vikrant Singh Rathore simpered as he removed the curtains of the window. Standing near the window, he saw the moonlight entering straight to his not so cozy room. On the full moon night, he saw the glistening diamonds radiating in the moonlight.

Realizing that he had got the powerful opportunity to turn the tables to his side, Vikrant Singh Rathore let out a wild laugh. His father, Ajeet Singh Rathore was sitting on the uncomfortable teak bed looking clueless.

Shocked at the sight of the royal jewels of Vijaygarh in the hands of his son, Ajeet Singh Rathore was frightened realizing that his cunning son perhaps, stole the jewels. Annoyingly, he admonished his shrewd son, “Vikrant, how come you have got the priceless jewels from Vijaygarh?”

Looking at the dark eyes of his father, Vikrant realized the anxiety of his father and narrated his encounter with his foolish uncle’s loyal dog, Siddharth Pratap Singh. Ajeet Singh Rathore smirked realizing the naivety of his innocent elder brother, the old king, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore whom they had manipulated really well.

“Now I have these jewels, dear father, I will make sure that you get justice”, Vikrant said smirking towards his father as he kept the red velvety pouch in the old wooden almirah that was in the unsophisticated room.

“Vikrant, I want to go back to the royal palace of Vijaygarh and this time, make sure I enter as the father of the ruler of the golden kingdom of Vijaygarh”, Ajeet Singh Rathore said darkly as he gritted his teeth in anger reminiscing the way he was insulted publically in the royal court of Vijaygarh by that filthy, arrogant queen.

Squeezing the shoulder of his father with an urge to console him, Vikrant closed his eyes and said, “Father, I will make sure to chop the wings of that arrogant bird, Aparajita”. Looking into the black eyes of his father that had pain and anger, Vikrant burnt in the fire of revenge.

Gritting his teeth and fisting his fingers, the broken royal prince, Vikrant Singh Rathore made a promise. “Father, I, Vikrant Singh Rathore, promise that I will revenge your insult. I will make sure that Aparajita regrets banishing you, me and my mother.”

Patting his son’s back, Ajeet Singh Rathore smiled looking at his son as he felt proud of his upbringing. He realized his painful efforts had definitely bore fruits. His black eyes which were dark with the emotions of revenge to avenge his insult were shining in delight as he apprehended that his son would not let him down.

“Father, I will be crowned as the king of Vijaygarh very soon and remember, then I would not banish the wounded queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore”, Vikrant said as determinedly mocking at the name of the revered queen of Vijaygarh, while his father looked at him questioningly as Ajeet Singh Rathore squinted his eyes. No doubts, the cunning royal Ajeet Singh Rathore could not understand what his son was planning to do at all.

“I will throw her into dungeons and make sure she experiences immense pain and insult”, Vikrant said as he gritted his teeth angrily imagining the ways to torture the unbreakable queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

“Father, I will not only win her invincible spirit but I will also break her pride into tiny pieces. I will make sure she regrets announcing herself as the heir of Vijaygarh. She snatched what was mine and I will snatch her everything from her”, Vikrant said in a serious tone laced with determination.

“How?”, his father questioned him.

“You just wait and see”, said Vikrant smirking towards his father whose heart was wounded by the rude birds of his filthy niece, Aparajita. Ajeet Singh Rathore was indeed really happy at the death of his nephew, the prince of Vijaygarh, Yuvraj Virendra Singh Rathore as he expected the golden days of his son Vikrant who was expected to be the heir of the throne but his stupid brother crowned his daughter, Aparajita as the queen. The old man was about to say something when someone knocked at the door of the old room.

Signaling his father, the alert Vikrant opened the door which creaked due to the heavy force he had applied. The wooden door was abode of termites and was expected to fall down any time soon.

Vikrant smirked looking at the dusky beauty standing in front of him. Clad in a parrot green skirt and a matching cotton blouse, the seventeen year old timid girl looked at him with her big doe-like eyes. Her round face had loads of pure innocence and cuteness but Vikrant saw her just like an object to satisfy his lust.

“Huh?”, Vikrant huffed arrogantly examining the luscious lips of Nandini lustfully.

“Your highness! Please grace your presence for the dinner”, Nandini said politely averting her eyes from his face as she was uncomfortable under his lustful gaze.

Staring at her blouse-clad bosom, Vikrant hummed and closed the door right on her face realizing that his father was sitting in his room. Licking his lips lustfully, Vikrant took a deep breath and turned towards his father who stood up to go for the dinner.

“Father, propose your friend for the marriage”, Vikrant said smirking towards his father.

“What? Marriage? Whose marriage?”, Ajeet Singh Rathore questioned in a go releasing his breath which he was holding as an after-shock over the marriage word.

“Father, I, Vikrant Singh Rathore, future king of the prosperous kingdom of Vijaygarh, wants to marry Nandini Singh Shekhawat, the daughter of the poor headman of the village of Pranathgarh”, said Vikrant as he laughed madly.

“What are you talking about?”, Ajeet Singh Rathore questioned furiously to his son with his eyes burning in anger.

“Father, I am in my senses”, Vikrant said calming his father who looked with a plethora of questions in his eyes.

“They are not of our status”, Ajeet Singh Rathore replied trying to explain his son that the institution of marriage shall occur between like-minded families of equal status. The village headman, though the friend of the old man, was not socially reputable as the Rathores so marriage with his daughter of out of question.

“Father, have you forgotten my lifestyle in Vijaygarh?”, Vikrant said playfully to his father smirking deviously at the plans that ran across his mind.

“What are you trying to imply?”, Ajeet Singh Rathore asked his son for once. He was not an intelligent man who could understand the riddles of his guileful son. He was expecting a straightforward conversation.

“Father, right now we are nothing”, Vikrant said a matter of fact showing the hard reality of their present to his father. With disappointment in his eyes, Vikrant’s father accepted the fact.

“Now, Pranathgarh and the tribals here are our only treasure and Nandini is the key to this treasure”, Vikrant talked riddles with his father. He was not willing to reveal his devious plans to his old father because he knew the old man could not help him much.

Ajeet Singh Rathore opened his mouth to speak something but his son gestured him to stop speaking and listen to him. Taking a deep breath, Vikrant continued, “When I will be the king, don’t worry dear father, I will marry someone of my status but for now, marriage with Nandini is the hour of need”.

“What are you planning?”, Ajeet Singh Rathore let out an exasperated sigh as he questioned his son.

“You are not needed to know that, dear father. You are getting old, it is time to retire. Just do what you are asked to.” Vikrant snapped rudely to his father as he stomped his feet on the ground. Opening the door, Vikrant moved out of the room giving a last glare to his father.

Ajeet Singh Rathore groaned and planned to talk to his friend, Avinash Singh Shekhawat for the marriage of Vikrant and Nandini. Blinded by greed and revenge, Ajeet Singh Rathore trusted his son and his devious plans more than anything.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
Hopefully you are doing well! 💞💞💞
Here comes the new update! 😘😘😘
Next update will be tomorrow.💖💖💖
Till then, shower your love with your precious votes and valuable comments on the chapter. 😘😘
Love you all
💜