Chapter 75

The terrible stench emanated from the slimy intestines, blood and dead bodies that were lying on the blood-stained battleground. Poppy-red blood drizzled from the wounds of courageous soldiers who were lying lifelessly on the battlefield. The armors were chiming as the horses found it difficult to gallop on the battlefield that had become slimy with the bodily fluids. Ravenous vultures and other scavenger birds were flying over the battlefield in the seamless sky in search of their prey.

The blizzards of arrows in the rayless sky seemed to be unending. The clangorous clanking of swords and spears were the only sounds that were heard in the dreadful battlefield along with groans and whimpers of injured soldiers who were at the verge of sacrificing their lives for the sake of their homelands. The effluvium of death had engulfed the benighted sky.

It was the second day of the horrific battle. Clad in a maroon-red warrior dress and a cold, shiny metallic armor; the courageous queen was beyond angry. She was enraged to see the deaths of a plethora of innocent soldiers and hence, she decided to finish off the battle as soon as possible.

Finding the commander-in-chief of the royal army of Vijaygarh, the mighty queen formulated a fool-proof strategy to turn the results in their favor. As the brilliant commander, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat took the charge of diverting his opponent, the commander of Rajputana army; the queen decided to attack towards the old king and the prince.

Taking a troop of soldiers with her, the queen attacked the opponent soldiers surrounding the Rajput king. However, things did not go as per the plan. One of the old and experienced generals of Rajputana army had good presence of mind and hence, he was able to understand the major twist in the war.

He instructed the infantry regiment of the Rajputana army to follow the queen’s actions, kill the troop of soldiers shielding her and entrap her before she could make her way towards the king of Rajputana dynasty, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh was on the killing spree. With a cold, metallic sword in her hand that was completely stained in molten-red blood, the enraged queen of Vijaygarh was galloping on her shiny black horse making her way towards the king. With plans to trap the king and ensure that the guileful prince of Shivgarh bowed his head in front of her, the infuriated queen was killing all those who were coming in her way.

Her horse galloped forward unknown to the fact that the troop of soldiers who were shielding the queen were either dead or brutally injured. She came back in her senses when she realized a spear had hit her back that was luckily covered with her metallic armor. The queen looked around herself only to see a group of about thirty infantry soldiers surrounding her. Closing her eyes, she dreaded the fact that she was trapped by her enemy however, being a Rathore ruler, she could never accept her defeat.

Quickly, the queen looked around herself trying to find an escape from the troop of soldiers who had their spears pointed at her. She could see an old general of Rajputana army beaming with pride and smiling slyly at her. She knew if she chose to fight at this instance, she would be either dead or prisoned as per the rules of the battle.

She was horrified for a second not because she was in trouble but she realized that innocent people of her kingdom would be bound to suffer the tyranny of Shivgarh if she lost the battle.

About twenty feet away from her right, she saw a clueless horse. She deduced that perhaps, the owner of the horse had died in the battle. She glanced at the enemy soldiers who were gleefully enjoying their momentous victory as she smirked.

Closing her eyes, she chanted the name of Goddess Durga and stood up on her horse. Even before the enemies could understand and react, she leapt agilely towards the horse freeing herself from the trap of the enemy. Taking a deep breath, she climbed over the clueless horse, patted it swiftly and pulled the harness of the animal. The white horse neighed as it galloped towards the guileful prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput who mercilessly killed the general of the royal army of Vijaygarh.

The conch shell was soon blown at a note peculiar to the Rajputana army on the instructions of the mighty queen of Vijaygarh to draw the attention of the cavalry regiment of the royal army of Vijaygarh. The generals of the cavalry regiment collected their troops of soldiers and followed their queen, who began to ride her horse in the direction of the prince of Shivgarh.

The clueless prince, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was surrounded by the soldiers of Vijaygarh at a distance while the queen marched towards him. The mighty queen attacked the prince with her sword. Since, the prince was on a horseback instead of a chariot like the previous day, it was easier for the queen to attack him.

Soon the sounds of clashing of cold, metallic swords were heard as the mighty queen of Vijaygarh and guileful prince of Shivgarh entered into a dual. Some of the soldiers who were fighting a while ago turned spectators to watch the ferocious fight of the two royals.

The prince was anxiously clutching his sword as he defended the aggressive attack of the cold steel blade that had struck on his sword. His hazel green eyes glanced his beloved with guilt and regret. His stance softened for once as he realized he had indeed, wronged the queen. His heart clenched looking at countless dead bodies in the bloodstained battlefield.

However, as soon as the image of the mutilated dead body of his beloved grandfather flashed in front of his eyes, his hazel green eyes were red in anger. On the other side, the chocolate brown eyes of the mighty queen were expressionless trying to hide her pain of betrayal and guilt of bringing upon a war on her kingdom.

The guileful words of the prince which she had overheard in the forest rang in her ears as her eyes became glossy. The mighty queen swung her steel sword forward fiercely. The prince who was regretting his mistake could not pay attention to the sudden attack. Before he could protect himself with his round, metallic shield, the queen’s sword hit his right forearm. He whimpered in pain as molten-red blood stained his white warrior-dress.

Without wasting time, the queen launched another attack at him lunging her sword towards him. The prince was cautious this time. In order to save himself from the ferocious attacks of the angry queen, he jumped off his horse.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh graciously climbed down from the horse and she was greeted by ferocious attack from the prince. The steel blade of the sword just landed in front of her nose as she had covered her face with her shield in the nick of time.

Angrily, she pounced over the prince lunging her sword forward catching him off-guard. The prince stepped backward defending himself while the queen bawled her fists. Enraged, she swung her sword once more catching him off-guard. After some more powerful strokes from both the ends, the prince was dejected at the turn of events. His right arm was breathing heavily and his shield was broken too.

He still continued to fight against the aggressive attacks of the queen. The mighty queen lunged her sword angrily towards his right hand. In order to save his arm from getting amputated, the prince accepted his defeat, throwing his sword away while the queen pounced over him once again.

Soon the soldiers of Vijaygarh came running towards their mighty queen as they surrounded the defeated prince. The guileful prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was lying on the ground defenseless. The queen huffed in irritation as she could not gather guts to pierce the tip of the sword right in his heart. Her heart clenched as she was disgusted to have a soft corner for the man who betrayed her.

The troop of soldiers chanted the shouts of joy for their queen as they chained the prince of Shivgarh while the opponents released their breaths realizing the fact that the queen was fair and ethical to spare their defenseless prince. On the other hand, the commander-in-chief of the royal army of Vijaygarh, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat had chained the old king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput who had accepted his defeat witnessing the fall of his son.

As the conch shells and trumpets were blown marking the victory of the invincible Rathore dynasty; the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore walked towards her tent with disgust and exhaustion on her face as she despised herself for having a soft corner for her enemy disguised a friend who had betrayed her.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

I am back with the new update! 🥰

So, Veer is defeated by our queen in a ferocious dual. 😑

What would happen now?🤔

To know that, stay tuned. I will be updating soon. 😅

Hopefully my battle didn't bore you out there!!!!😂😂😂

P.S as far as a jump of 20ft is concerned, it is possible. I tried not to exxagerate the scene. Just for general knowledge, the record of long jumps in athletics for women is 24ft while for men it is 29ft. 🏃‍♂️

Please hit the ⭐ button and drop in your views on this chapter.. 😍

Love you all
💜