Chapter 51

Dear Aparajita

This secret admirer misses you!

I hope you liked the small token of gratitude I presented to you. I am thankful to you after all, you despite, being busy found time to meet me.

I am writing to you because I need to tell that the Rajputana army did not kill the respected queen, Maharani Manjughosha Devi. I will strive hard to find the real culprit and present your offender to you, this is a promise of a Rajput. Only after I clear the blot on the name of the Rajputana pride, the Rajputana army of Shivgarh; I will be able to sleep peacefully. I have sent my spies and I will suggest you to do the same.

The main purpose of writing this letter is that I want to invite you for hunting, dear queen. If you are free at the last day of this month, please come at the riverside in the forest, I will be waiting to see you.

With love
Veer

A small yet, genuine smile crept on plump lips of Aparajita as she caressed the spectacular handwriting of the prince. She was truly driven towards the high morals of the prince, especially his diligence and sense of duty towards his people, his army as well as his kingdom.

Somewhere in her heart, the responsible queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore knew that meeting the prince frequently and writing secret letters would turn into a irredeemable sin soon in case anyone gets to know about it but she was drawn towards his irresistible charisma as a block of iron gets attracted to a magnet.

The queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore contemplated if she should meet the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput again keeping her chastity at stake or not. The little girl in Aparajita wanted to live her life freely and meet the prince.

Somewhere in her heart, the queen was ready to commit an incorrigible crime because she was attracted to the prince. Despite knowing it was dreadful, she decided to commit a mistake in her life. Little did she know that her innocent attraction would bring several hurdles in her peaceful life.

Weighing the pros and cons of meeting the prince again, Aparajita took a sheet of paper and dipped the feather quill with red ink. Without giving much thought to the conflict going inside her, the queen of Vijaygarh wrote the answer to the letter.

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput

I was truly mesmerized by your commendable efforts. You are indeed, a terrific painter. Thank you for painting the beautiful portrait.

I am thankful for your help. I will be investigating the matter at my end too.

As far as hunting is concerned, I cannot be sure, prince. Being a ruler of my kingdom is not easy.

Have a good day!

Regards
Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore

Aparajita smiled as she folded the paper neatly and tied it around the neck of Dharmadoot. Caressing the soft body of the bird, Aparajita kissed the trained pigeon and gestured it too fly. As much as the queen wanted to be fly freely in the shadows of royalty; being a ruler, she understood her limits and she could not cross them especially on black and white.

As much as she wanted to meet the prince, she knew accepting things in a letter could be hazardous at her end, after all, she was a woman and there were people in the royal court who were disguised as night owls just waiting for her to make a mistake.

Aparajita sighed as she rushed to meet the commander-in-chief of her valiant army, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat. On the other hand, Avdhesh was shocked when a royal guard informed him that the queen wanted to meet him. He sighed as he quickly dressed up and rushed to the meeting chambers where the queen of Vijaygarh Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was already waiting for him.

The regal queen was sitting on the upholstered royal chair across the mahogany table with sense of tremendous authority and influential aura.

Avdhesh Singh Ranawat bowed in front of the queen as he folded his hands and paid his respect. Without wasting time, Aparajita acknowledged his gesture and said in an authoritative voice, “I am here to discuss an important issue, respected commander-in-chief”, as her emotionless chocolate brown eyes sang the tale of her turmoil.

The middle-aged man standing before the queen was shocked. He wondered something was terribly wrong as he realized the queen did not gesture him to sit. It was unlikely for the kind-hearted queen to proceed with the discussion when any of her subjects were standing. The creases of worries on the forehead of the queen were visible on her expressionless face which did not go unnoticed by Avdhesh Singh Ranawat. The middle-aged commander-in-chief of the Rathore army was sweating in fear.

Aparajita sighed in defeat, as she presented to him the small booklet titled as ‘Lessons from Shivgarh’ with a highlighted excerpt about the Rajputana army. Once Avdhesh read it with utter confusion in his mind, the only question rang in his mind was, “Why did the righteous Rajputana army kill the revered queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Manjughosha Devi?”

The queen spoke calmly, “I don’t know if I am right or wrong but I think Rajputana army did not attack the palace. Maharani Manjughosha Devi, the most courageous queen was martyred in the massacre and I want you to find the culprit. You led the army five years ago, respectable commander-in-chief, I want you to think from every possible angle and find the truth my mother’s sacrifice. Find the wrongdoer.”

For the first time in his life, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat could sense the queen’s pain in her trembling voice laced with authority and anger. Having lost his father at an early age, he could understand what it meant to lose a parent. He could comprehend the intensity of unfathomable agony of the queen. Having seen the valiant queen growing up since childhood, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat could not see his queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore breaking down.

Avdhesh Singh Ranawat nodded as he said, “Your highness! Either I will unfold the truth or give up on my life. I will complete the given task at any cost, even at the cost of my life.”

Aparajita nodded in affirmation as she wished him luck. Having said these words, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat left the royal chambers trying to formulate the plan to find the real culprits responsible for the death of the then queen, Maharani Manjughosha Devi when he remembered the words of Ajeet Singh Rathore.

“Brother, don’t include the details of our sufferings and barbaric act of those inhumane Rajputana soldiers because of which we lost our queen, your wife, Maharani Manjughosha Devi. It will bring us shame as everyone referring to the treaty would thing that Rathore clan is not strong enough to protect their women and people.”
Avdhesh sighed as the words of guileful Ajeet Singh Rathore rang in his ears as he reminisced the conversation between the old king, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore with his brother, Ajeet Singh Rathore before formulating the peace treaty between Vijaygarh and Shivgarh.

Avdhesh was dismayed when he connected the dots of the king’s brother who was missing during the battle with his whole family. Finally, the commander-in-chief of Rathore army knew from where he had to begin his search.

❤❤❤

Hello everyone

Here's the new chapter of the story.😘😘😘😘

Please enjoy the update and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments 💚💛💚💛💚💛

How's the chapter?

Have a good day and please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😃😃😃😃

Love you all
💜