Chapter 57

After a hectic day at the royal court and a tiring journey towards the outskirts of her kingdom to monitor the work of fortification around the pristine lands of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was beyond exhausted. She wanted to return back to her lavish bed chambers and slump on her luxurious bed to sleep but fate had some other plans for her tonight.

As soon as the queen of Vijaygarh reached her chambers, she was greeted by Dharmadoot, the trained pigeon from Shivgarh who had not brought a sweet letter romanticizing the feelings of the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput. Today, Dharmadoot had brought a letter of truth, a terrible truth. A smile crept on her lips, as she kissed the trained pigeon and took the letter but little did she know that her happiness was short-lived.

On the other hand, the prince of Shivgarh Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was terror-struck after knowing the truth of Ajeet Singh Rathore and his treacherous activities. He had informed the queen about the real culprit who killed her mother as he believed the seventeen year old queen deserved justice. He knew that a mother’s love is unfathomable and no child deserved a life without a mother. He was grieved at a mere thought that someone snatched her mother from a twelve years old Aparajita for personal greed five years ago.

Veerbhadra was sitting with his friend, Uday in the mesmerizing gardens of his royal palace. The cold winds blowing in the royal lawns along with sweet fragrance of damp soil mixed with the pleasant aroma of exotic flowers were trying to soothe the turmoil going in their minds.

Gazing the blanket of shimmering stars with dark clouds, Uday said to his friend, “Veer, it would rain again”, as he sipped the exotic ale from the royal glass made up of pure silver.

Veerbhadra, who was trying to calm his anxiety as he had done his part by bringing out the truth, sighed as he said, “This rain would wash the blot on the name of Rajputana army of Shivgarh”, as he refilled his opulent glass with ale.

Uday could not help but chuckle. Being a true friend to the prince and a loyal soldier of Rajputana army, he warned sarcastically, “Your Highness! This rain would surely clear the blot on our name but what about the your plans which would tarnish the name of Shivgarh forever”.

Veer, who was already drunk by now, shrieked as he laughed like a wild animal and slurred, “I am helping her because she did not deserve to lose her mother. It is her right to avenge the death of her mother just like me, the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, who has the right to take revenge against the one who killed my grandfather”.

Uday was aghast for once. Being a sensible man, he sighed as he prayed the Almighty to bring his friend back on righteous path. Uday was a staunch believer of karma and he knew his friend would also suffer the hardships if he will play with the queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, who was like an ignited fire. He smiled meekly as he chose to stay silent.

Changing the topic, Uday talked about Aparajita’s cousin as he said, “Veer, that alcoholic rogue, Vikrant Singh Rathore aspires to usurp the throne of Vijaygarh”.

Veer gulped down the glass of ale and shrieked as the strong exotic ale passed down his throat rendering a burning sensation. He chuckled wildly and said, “Uday, some dreams remain dreams forever. That stupid Rathore has no power in front of me. I am the rightful owner of the throne of Mahendragarh after I ruin Vijaygarh into shambles”.

Uday wanted to tell his friend that Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore would remain the rightful ruler of Vijaygarh because the tactics of his friend to acquire the throne of Vijaygarh were simply, disgraceful and scandalous but he chose to keep quiet as he knew time would answer on his behalf, really soon.

Aparajita, on the other hand, opened the letter with a smile on her plump lips. No doubts, she was missing her bitter-sweet banter with her friend, Veer, who had acquired a soft-corner in her heart in a little while. She smiled as she admired his beautiful penmanship. His handwriting was truly soothing to her eyes, she thought as she read the letter.

After reading the letter, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh was devastated to know the truth. Enraged in anger, the powerful queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was horrified.

She had already lost an emotional support after the death of her mother, the valiant queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Manjughosha Devi who sacrificed her life for their kingdom but today, Aparajita was shattered when she got to know that her mother was killed inhumanely and her father was backstabbed. She was burning in anger to avenge the death of her mother.

She glanced aimlessly at the letter again and again as tears trickled down her face and painful memories of her mother being stabbed repeatedly by inhumane monsters flashed in front of her blurred vision due to the ocean of tears she had shed.

Dear Aparajita

I wish for your well-being. Today, I am writing to you to tell the truth.

Her highness! The valiant queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Manjughosha Devi was killed by the soldiers of Rajgarh. Your uncle, Ajeet Singh Rathore had joint his hands with his father-in-law, Maharaja Dushyant Pratap Singh for the sake of the mighty throne of Vijaygarh.

In case you don’t trust my words, you can send your spies and confirm the news.

I can understand your pain of losing your mother but trust me, she would be proud of you when you will bring her justice by punishing her culprits.

Those filthy monsters blamed the righteous Rajputana army for their disgusting deeds. They shattered the pride of Shivgarh.

I, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, promise to help you ruin the wrongdoers in shambles. I will stand with you whenever you will need me.

Yours Veer

Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, the commander-in-chief of the royal army of Vijaygarh had rushed to Rajgarh after realizing that the guileful Ajeet Singh Rathore was at his wife’s maternal home while the queen was brutally murdered. He had paid a hefty sum to one of the retired soldiers from the army of Rajgarh who was dismissed from his service the previous year.

Shelling out five hundred gold coins, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat had acquired the information about the attack which had left him horrified. Being perplexed, Avdhesh rushed back to his kingdom with tremendous turmoil, and disgust inside him.

With tears brimming in his eyes waiting to fall down, he reminisced the elegance of the valiant queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Manjughosha Devi who was stabbed multiple times because she tried to save her innocent people.

He wanted to tell the truth to his queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and urge her to avenge her mother’s death but little did he know that queen was waiting for him to confirm the news she had received.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

I am sorry for the delay and here's the new chapter. 💖😍💖

Happy Independence Day 🇮🇳

I will be back soon, till then, share your views on this chapter 🤔

I will be waiting for your valuable votes and lovely comments. 💞💞💞

Please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😘😘😘

Love you all
💜