Chapter 78

“Father, did you hear about the war between Shivgarh and Vijaygarh?” Vikrant asked his father as they sipped the intoxicating ale together.

“The news has spread like wildfire, Vikrant. How would I not know about it?” Ajeet Singh Rathore chuckled as he sipped the alcohol.

“I am sure the treasures of Vijaygarh would be depleted after the two consecutive wars”, Vikrant elucidated with a cunning smile on his face.

Ajeet Singh Rathore guffawed, “You are right, my son!”

“So, shall we plan the attack?” Vikrant asked his father. He was dying to hear a positive answer.

“Son, we don’t have enough money right now”, Ajeet Singh Rathore reasoned.

“Vijaygarh will not even let us earn money”, Vikrant shrieked in anger. He was truly upset with the decrease in monetary transactions. No merchant from Vijaygarh, Narendranagar, Ramgarh, and other nearby kingdoms were ready to deal with him. He despised the losses he was facing right now. He knew his arrogant cousin had something to do with his miseries.
“Improve your products”, Ajeet Singh Rathore advised.

“They are the best. The ivory we are providing is the finest and you know, Pranathgarh is famous for its poisonous arrows and handicrafts but unfortunately no one is dealing with us.” Vikrant explained his misery to his father.

“Talk to the merchants again. Reduce prices, if needed.” Ajeet Singh Rathore recommended his son.

“Father, I have tried everything and I am disappointed to get negative results in return. I am sure that arrogant girl has something to do with all this.” Vikrant voiced out his fears referring to the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

“So, what can we do now?” Ajeet Singh Rathore asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“My hands are aching to attack, father. Let’s usurp the throne.” Vikrant said with a sardonic laughter.

“How?” Ajeet Singh Rathore questioned his immature son to which Vikrant replied, “At the cost of the people of Pranathgarh.”

Ajeet Singh Rathore who did not care for the innocent lives of the tribals chuckled along with his son as he got curious to know the plan. “How?” he asked.

Behind the closed doors of the humble palace in Pranathgarh, Vikrant Singh Rathore and his father, Ajeet Singh Rathore were discussing a conspiracy to usurp the powerful throne of Vijaygarh while Nandini was standing outside. Nandini gulped in fear as the sight of her innocent people flashed in front of her eyes.

She realized Rathores were indeed, snakes disguised as humans. They did not acknowledge the support Pranathgarh had offered to them. Her heart wretched at the mere thought of war with Vijaygarh. She knew her homeland would be decimated and several tribals would lose their lives as well as loved ones in the war.

Leaning on the wooden door, she was trying to eavesdrop the conversation going inside the bed chambers of her father-in-law, the most guileful Rathore she had come across. Controlling her sobs, she tried to hear hard but much to her disappointment, her husband and her father-in-law had begun talking in whispers. They were probably discussing the strategy of the attack.

From the words like, ‘venomous arrows’, ‘tribals’, ‘river’, ‘throne’ and several others, she could make out that the queen of Vijaygarh was in danger along with her people. Remembering the oath she had taken, she strengthened her resolve to ensure that her husband would never succeed in his treacherous motives. She was disgusted at herself since she had tied a knot with the man who not only ruined her but also wanted to ruin her people. Being a Kshatriya, she knew her values and she decided to protect her homeland, her people and the queen of Vijaygarh.

Without wasting her time, she gulped as she rushed to her bed chambers. She was sickened at the thought of war and killing people for the sake of money. She felt like puking her guts. She was disgusted at her husband and her father-in-law who were laughing while talking about killings and deaths of innocent people.

Wiping her tears, she decided to stay strong. Taking a quill, she grabbed a cotton cloth. Tearing the cloth into two pieces, she dipped her fine quill in red ink and wrote two different letters, addressing two different people hoping that they would trust her and protect the innocent lives of the tribals of Pranathgarh.

She called upon two of her most trusted attendants and asked them to deliver the letters as quickly as they could. Her anxiety and nervousness was growing every moment as fear seeped in her mind. Hoping for the best, she rushed to the temple near the river stream to calm herself. She was in dire need of mental peace. She wanted to pray for justice and safety of her people from Almighty after all, she needed strength to overturn the plan of her husband.

On the other hand, Uday and Veer were loitering aimlessly in the forest. They had planned to collect the logs for firewood and sell them in the nearby villages. They were in dire need of money. All their food resources were coming to an end. No doubts, the life of a banished royal was indeed, hard in the outskirts of the kingdom. Their bodies were reeking in terrible smell of sweat as the sun was overhead in the summer afternoon. The hot winds were blowing harshly in the dried deciduous forest. They were tired and thirsty.

Uday was startled with the noise of rustling of dried leaves behind him. Realizing the fact that Veer was walking ahead of him, he was afraid. He wondered some wild animal was after them. “Veer, run”, he shrieked cautiously as he took out a pocket knife and turned.

He took a deep breath relaxing himself as he saw a tribal woman clad in a cotton sari. He greeted her politely while Veer was turned in amazement. A smile crept on his lips as he welcomed the lady. Recognizing the attendant who belonged to Pranathgarh and who helped them providing with food and shelter, both Veer and Uday grinned.

The messenger handed over a letter to Uday and took her leave. Veer was perplexed while Uday opened the letter and his eyes depicted a whirlpool of emotions after reading the letter. Veer could see anger, disgust and pain in the pitch black eyes of his friend.

“Poor girl”, he mumbled as the letter slipped out of his hands. Uday was utterly shocked at the fate of the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore who would be facing a third consecutive war within a year she took over the powerful throne of her kingdom.

“What is it?” Veer asked as he reached out to read the contents of the letter, which read,

Respected Uday Singh Chauhan

With due respect, I pay the best of my regards. I hope my letter finds you in the bliss of your health.

I hope that you are comfortable in your humble abode. I did not want to disturb you since you are already suffering with lot many issues but I need your help.

You promised that you will not let my husband succeed in his venture so it is the time to fulfil your promise.

My husband is planning to attack Vijaygarh and kill the queen to usurp the throne. I know that queen is your rival but you promised me.

Since you are a Kshatriya, I expect you to fulfil your promise.

Thank you

Regards
Nandini

Reading the content of the letter, Veer had a satisfying smile on his face. He hugged Uday and said, “I will repent my deeds, my friend. I will protect my beloved from everything. I will follow the path of redemption selflessly.”

Uday smiled at Veer’s newly found enthusiasm as he whispered, “I will help you by all means”.

Both the friends were indeed, happy to find a new purpose to their lives as they headed towards their cottage to prepare the strategy.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I am back with the new chapter!😍

Kindly note that this chapter is unedited so feel free to pinpoint the errors, if any.😊

Actually errors could be there because I had to type the second half in my phone because my laptop ditched me. The key slot of 3, e, d, c and F3 is not working. 🙁

Well! The good news is, I have written the first half of the next chapter so I am looking forward to update it soon. 🤩

So, I guess, I will be boring you out with another war between Aparajita and Vikrant.😜🤦‍♀️

Thank you for bearing with me till this point of the story especially when it is almost a year and I have not finished this story.🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Please don't forget to hit the star button and drop in your views.⭐

🌹DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE🌹

Love you all
💜