Chapter 20

The village headman, Avinash Singh Shekhawat was sitting on his simple wooden throne. The modest throne of the humble Pranathgarh was simplistically surrounded with wooden chairs where all the wise ministers of the tribal village were seated. The court room was a small fourteen by fourteen feet room which had no spark of royalty in it. The ordinary court room indeed, depicted the reality of the tribal village; it definitely screamed their poor status.

On the two chairs, Ajeet Singh Rathore and his son Vikrant Singh Rathore were also seated listening carefully to the court proceedings which included nothing, but a warm chit-chatting.

Pranathgarh was a small village and hence, the headman did not have any interesting agendas to discuss everyday unlike the ruler of Vijaygarh. Ironically, the cunning father-son duo was remembering the luxurious royal court of Vijaygarh which was embellished with gemstones. As Vikrant Singh Rathore signaled his father to speak, Ajeet Singh Rathore stood up gathering attention of everyone in the shabby court.

“Avinash Singh Shekhawat, you are indeed, a true friend of mine. After leaving Vijaygarh, I never expected such an outstanding support but you have treated us like a family.” Ajeet Singh Rathore said in a sugar coated voice.

The village headman was undoubtedly, overwhelmed at his praise by the royals of Vijaygarh in front of the other villagers, the wise ministers of his court. Before Avinash Singh Shekhawat could speak anything, Ajeet Singh Rathore dropped the bomb.

“I will be delighted if we can turn our friendship into a family, your highness”. Having said this Ajeet Singh Rathore took a step towards the throne of his friend.

Avinash Singh Shekhawat stood up and folded his hands in respect as his eyes brimmed with tears of happiness. After all, never in his dreams, he had thought that his naïve daughter would get a marriage proposal from the royals of Rathore clan. Rathores were the most respected Kshatriya clan in the country while he was a simple headman of a tribal village. He was overwhelmed.

“You highness, I am fortunate to be in your good books. My daughter is lucky that you want her as the daughter-in-law of your family but I am sorry, you are royals while we are commoners. How can the imperial society of Kshatriyas accept this alliance?” Avinash Singh Shekhawat said a matter-of-fact after he pondered over the ground reality amongst the royals.

Though the village headman was poor yet, he was shrewd enough to make sure his daughter should be one and only wife of Vikrant Singh Rathore. He was aware of the royals who were used to marry poor girls for their lust. He knew the rich royals crowned the princesses as queens and the wives who had a humble lineage were sidelined.

He had sensed the chemistry brewing between the father-son duo and he knew the cunning Ajeet Singh Rathore would be satisfied only if his son is crowned as the king of Vijaygarh and after that, Avinash Singh Shekhawat wanted his daughter to be the queen of Vijaygarh. He did not want his daughter to be sidelined and replaced by any other future wife of Vikrant Singh Rathore who might have a royal lineage.

Vikrant Singh Rathore who had been smirking all the while as he imagined relishing the young dusky beauty, Nandini; went pale all of the sudden.

Clearly disappointed, he said in a sugar coated tone, “Your highness! When we left Vijaygarh, I was drowned in darkness of agony and despair. I was worried of my parents as they cannot face any hardships as they age. In my darkness, your daughter was a ray of hope. Her beautiful face brought positivity and then, I realized I want her as my wife. I will make sure, she yield a royal life soon and she would never face any problem with me”.

Having casually lied, Vikrant Singh Rathore took out a regal, exotic ancestral necklace from his pocket and placed it in the hands of the village headman who was clearly trapped in the innocent words of the father-son duo. The ministers who were mere spectators till now, were also happy for the daughter of their village headman.

After all, the marriage alliance between Pranathgarh and Vijaygarh was beneficial for their Pranathgarh in every sense. No doubts, this royal relationship strengthened the position of the tribal village amongst other villages in every way.

As the ministers insisted their headman to accept the alliance, the father-son duo was beyond happy at the success of the first step of their plan.

However, Avinash Singh Shekhawat wanted to secure his daughter’s future by every means.

Taking a deep breath, Avinash Singh Shekhawat spoke, “Your highness, I will accept the alliance only if you accept one demand of mine”.

Vikrant Singh Rathore internally frowned but masking his emotions, he nodded encouraging his imprudent would-be father-in-law to speak.

“Your highness, I want a promise. You will never marry any other woman apart from my daughter, Nandini Singh Shekhawat and you will treat her royally.” Having expressed his demands, Avinash Singh Shekhawat felt light-hearted.

Vikrant Singh Rathore did not like this deal at all. After all, he was just lusting over Nandini. He smirked as he realized the loopholes of the promise. He wondered the old man has just asked him not to marry any other woman that meant, he can obviously have physical relations with the woman he desired and that was all, he needed.

Vikrant Singh Rathore smirked as he said, “I will keep your promise forever. I want to marry your daughter soon. I will be making a little palace of mine in your village for a while on the riverside. Once it will be completed in coming three months, I will get married”.

By building his own palace, he wanted to lure the tribal people towards royal lifestyle and that was essentially needed for his plan. Hence, he played his cards well.

Ultimately, Avinash Singh Shekhawat accepted the alliance and everyone got indulged in merry-making however, when the village headman told about her marriage to his daughter, Nandini was beyond, angry.

Reddened in anger, Nandini stormed towards the room of Vikrant. She had observed how the cunning royal gazed on her lustfully. She was tolerating him just for the sake of her father but this marriage proposal had sparked off her anger.

Wearing a cotton pink colored blouse and a white colored skirt, the annoyed Nandini knocked at the wooden door furiously. Vikrant was irritated at the constant banging on his door. He opened the door and smirked at the sight in front of him.

The big doe-like eyes of Nandini were glaring at him furiously. Pushing him away, the timid girl entered the room and hollered. “I can sense, you see me in a lustful way. What is this drama of getting married to me, your highness?”

Despite being angry, Nandini chose her words properly. Smirking at her, Vikrant cupped her soft dusky cheeks with his rough animalistic hands and whispered to her raspily. “I desire for you. I want you and I am taking you in a graceful way. Don’t you want that?”

“Find a royal who is as shallow as you, Prince, and leave me”, Nandini retorted. She wanted to scream but it came out as a whisper.

She was disgusted with his touch. She knew she was not a royal but definitely, a Kshatriya and hence, she cannot let him crumble her self-respect at any cost.

“I have promised your father that I will never marry any other woman. I will give you every right as a wife. Give a chance to me, Nandini. I know I am a prince without a kingdom but I won’t let you down.” Vikrant Singh Rathore played his last card pretending to be in love with the innocent girl who tried to understand the depth of his words.

He loosened the grip from her face. He had nothing to worry about. After all, the village headman would never oppose the marriage.

Nandini, on the other hand, did not felt something right. Her instincts were telling not to give in. Being confused, she did not speak anything  but just nodded and ran away. Suddenly the anger in her eyes was replaced by shyness.

Running out of his room, Nandini leaned alongside a brick wall and took deep breaths to calm herself as a smile played on her lips. Vikrant, on the other side, smirked upon his little victory.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
Hopefully you are doing good 😘
Do share your views on the chapter. 😍
I will be updating soon, till then, shower your love on this chapter with your precious votes and lovely comments. 💖💖💖
Hit the 🌟 button and share the story with your friends.
Do try Rainbow of our Love too.😘😘😘
Love you all
💜