Chapter 31

“Why are you here?”, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore questioned the prince of Shivgarh glaring at him in a hushed voice looking at Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput with her chocolate brown eyes who had made himself comfortable.

Her emotionless eyes depicts anger, surprise, annoyance and suspicion. Veerbhadra was sitting on one of the upholstered ornate chairs in the lavishly sumptuous chamber of the palace of Vijaygarh. A white colored pigeon was sitting on the window sill.

Crossing his left leg on his right one, Veerbhadra smirked and said, “Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore is a beautiful queen, my pet wanted to tell you”.

Aparajita was flabbergasted. Pointing the tip of her cold-steel sword right under his chin, Aparajita said, “So you came to tell me this all the way here?”

Pinching her small button-like nose and taking a deep breath, Aparajita tried to control her anger that had no bounds. She whispered irritably, “Last time I am asking you the reason politely.”

Veerbhadra, on the other hand, enjoyed every moment of queen's misery and was amused at her angry expressions.

Getting frustrated, Aparajita shrieked, “Are you aware of the implications?”

“Queen, you have a beautiful heart and I want to thank you for saving me that day”, Veerbhadra said chuckling as he admired the feisty queen in the full warrior mode.

“You are welcome and now leave”, looking at him infuriatingly gesturing him to go as she pointed her sword towards the door.

Veerbhadra chuckled wondering the queen did not want to attack him and was trying to intimidate him. He wondered if he were a five year old child to be afraid with the sword pointed at him, perhaps, the queen had underestimated his strength, he thought. He had played with swords as a child, he thought and mentally chuckled.

Aparajita, on the other hand, wanted to throw Veerbhadra in the dungeons immediately for the stunt he had pulled up but she knew her action would attract uninvited attention from the old king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput. She did not want any other battle, for sure, especially when she had just ascended the throne.

Moreover, the biggest problem was Veerbhadra had come into the palace of Vijaygarh and Aparajita was alone with the man in the chamber.

Unfortunately, she recognized Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput as the prince of Shivgarh and this simple event could be considered as incorrigible for the queen, the pride of Vijaygarh. With her dignity and chastity at stake, Aparajita could never let her father down.

Instead of leaving the room, Veerbhadra let out a chuckle and said, “Aparajita….”

Before he could say anything, Aparajita snapped angrily, “You cannot call me by my name”.

“Okay”, Veerbhadra said casually as he got up and started walking towards the queen chuckling at the young girl who looked cute with an agitated face.

Aparajita took her steps backwards as he walked towards her. Her back hit the opulent wall of the chamber which was decorated with a beautiful scenery of mountains painting by the eminent artists.

Looking at Aparajita whose heart was pacing at a faster rate and her body was panting hard, Veerbhadra smirked. He stopped right in front of her invading her personal space. He stood at half arm distance from her with his elegant footwear touching her small feet clad in a wooden footwear.

He could inhale her sandalwood fragrance and it was really difficult for him to control himself and his wild desires towards her. For once, Veerbhadra remembered the horse ride when he was clutching the small waist of Aparajita tightly. His eyes went to the exposed naval of the queen and waist which seemed to fit perfectly in his arms.