Chapter 6

"Your highness, your revered father Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore wants to meet you", the young royal maid informed the queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

"I will go and meet my father", Aparajita said as she picked up her peach colored veil to cover herself. Wearing a peach colored silk lehenga, the seventeen year old queen was lying on her luxurious bed in her ostentatious royal bed chamber. 

"Your highness, Maharaja is waiting to see you at his royal chambers", the maid replied as she bowed her head and retreated away from the queen's chambers. 

Aparajita sighed as she walked in the dimly lit royal corridors. The royal guards bowed down in front of the queen paying respect as she passed through them. Standing in front of her father's chamber, Aparajita asked the royal guard to inform about her arrival who nodded and followed the instruction entering the great king's chamber. 

In a while royal guard came outside and said, "Your highness, the great king is in the enclosed balcony of the chambers". He bowed his head down as Aparajita entered her father's chambers. 

"Dear father, you expected me", the seventeen year daughter said to her father as she saw her father watching stars in the balcony. The glistening stars looked blissful in the night sky. 

"Aparajita, when I made you the queen, I expected you to serve the people. I expected you to consolidate the tears and toils of our ancestors. I expected you to be wise, my child." Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore said to his daughter without looking at her. Though his voice was calm, yet, his daughter could sense anger and disappointment in his voice. 

She knew the reason of her father's anger. She calmly said, "Father, I waived the tax of my people to serve them. I ordered to construct the canal for their welfare as I acted wise. I took their side to ensure that they remain loyal to the prosperous kingdom of Vijaygarh forever."

"And you took an unwise decision too", Aparajita's father shouted in anger as he turned his face towards her. He was angry at his daughter who had banished his brother from the kingdom. 

"I guess you should have taken the so-called unwise decision five years ago, father", Aparajita said as she sighed looking at her father who was blinded by his brotherhood towards her uncle. Internally she flinched seeing her father angry but she hid her emotions well.

"Aparajita", Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore shouted. Calming himself, he took a deeper breath. "They are our family. Why don't you understand?"

"Where were they when you needed them?", Aparajita said trying to control her emotions. Her father glared at her with disgust. Her anger knew no bounds. With anguish and hatred in her eyes, she asked in a louder tone. "Did you even try to find out why uncle couldn't help you in the war, when you were injured? Why his brat could not help in the administration of the kingdom when you were recovering? Why couldn't his wife support me when I lost my mother?"

Losing her control, she realized she was screaming at her father. Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Suddenly they emerge after six months, when we were capable of managing ourselves telling us that they ran away to save themselves."

"Father, you can believe in their cunning plans but I can't. You are blinded with love towards your brother but I am not." Her anger was replaced by the disappointment as she couldn't hide her emotions.

"What are you trying to imply?", her father asked her politely realizing the reason of his daughter's outburst. He had already pondered over these questions but he could not find any evidence against his brother so he had bought the lies of the cunning Ajeet Singh Rathore.

"Your brother insulted me. He had the audacity to mock at the throne. For the respect of our ancestral throne, I banished him." Aparajita said politely as she narrated the ordeal to her father. She knew her father could bear everything except insult to the royal throne and his pride, their kingdom. 

"I want them back in the palace", said Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore in a low tone laced with disappointment. He was indeed torn between the the love for his brother and his daughter.

"Not happening", Aparajita said stubbornly with authority of a queen and innocence of an adolescent.

Her father sighed as he realized that his daughter was adamant. With a last hope, he advised, "Don't exhibit our sour relationships amidst royal aristocrats and people of Vijaygarh".

"I can't keep spineless people in my fort who would run away in any adversities", replied Aparajita trying to persuade her father to abide by her decision. Though taken in haste, Aparajita's decision was actually justified. 

"Is it your final decision, my child?", the old father asked his daughter getting worried for his brother. 

"It is the final decision of the Queen Aparajita Singh Rathore, dear father", Aparajita smirked. She knew this was the only way to end the discourse. 

"Okay, then I would suggest you to not take any decision that would harm the kingdom of Vijaygarh. Always remember that Vijaygarh is the epitome of the hard work of our ancestors." Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore advised his daughter and felt proud at Aparajita's take on her strong decisions. He wondered his daughter indeed had ability to take stand for herself and her decisions. 

"I promise, dear father, I would never let Vijaygarh, the pride of my ancestors, down ever in this life even if it is required to embrace death", said Aparajita smiling at her father as she assured him that she would protect her kingdom even at the cost of her life.

"I can say that I took a right decision to transfer the reign of my kingdom in you safe hands, my child", the old king said as he went towards his daughter and placed his palm on her head blessing her.

"I will take your leave, dear father", said Aparajita as she hugged her father wholeheartedly.

Aparajita took leave from her father as she retreated back to her chambers knowing what to do next while Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore called upon his trusted royal guard, Siddharth Pratap Singh. 

The middle-aged royal guard Siddharth was amongst the courageous soldiers of the army of Vijaygarh who were ready to sacrifice their lives for the kingdom. Siddharth Pratap Singh bowed in front of the old king as he entered the kings' dimly lit chambers in the night paying his regards to the old monarch. 

"Siddharth Pratap Singh, you have been one of my trusted men in the kingdom. Today I want a favor from you." The king said.

"Your highness! I have devoted my life for the welfare of this kingdom. I will be glad to serve you." Siddharth Pratap Singh said with a sense of devotion in his eyes. 

Taking a deep breath, the old king king ordered. "I want you to keep a check on my brother and his family. Make sure that they live an awesome life."

Siddharth nodded listening to the king. "They should not face any problem or else you will be responsible. I will not hesitate to punish you if my brother or his family suffer by any means."

"Your highness! Your demand is my command. Don't hesitate to slit my throat if by chance your brother Ajeet Singh Rathore or his family suffer. I will take care of them." The loyal soldier, Siddharth Pratap Singh said as he bowed in front of him and took his leave with a goal to fulfill the task his king had ordered him to. 

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
So I am back with the new chapter!
Hopefully you will like it and shower love to the story. 💖💖💖
I am not getting the desired response, I guess and it is not really motivational to write the story, don't worry I will keep bothering you with updates every now and then. 😂😂😂
Anyway stay safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones. 😘😘
Love you all
💜