Chapter 77

The banished prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was living in the outskirts of Vijaygarh. He was accompanied by his best friend, Uday Singh Chauhan, the former commander-in-chief of Rajputana army of Shivgarh. Uday Singh Chauhan was offered the position of a trainer in the royal palace to train and maintain the army of Vijaygarh but he had denied. Despite much persuasions, Uday had chosen to support his friend Veer who needed him the most.

Uday and Veer were living a life they had never dreamt of. The renowned prince was now reduced to a banished commoner. His opulent clothes which were embellished by exotic jewels were replaced by dirty cotton garments which reeked in sweat. His luxurious dwelling was swapped by a small cottage made up of straw and mud. His greed to win over Vijaygarh had transformed into guilt and repentance.

Notably, Uday had developed strong contacts with the daughter of headman of Pranathgarh, Nandini who was Vikrant’s wife. Using his contact, Uday had arranged a large amount of food grains for themselves. Veer was indeed, thankful to Nandini who had helped them a great deal.

Veer was adjusting the dried logs of wood on the earthen stove to light the fire while Uday was kneading the flour rather roughly. Veer groaned at his unsuccessful attempt of lighting the fire as his stomach grumbled in hunger.

“Let it be, Veer. I will do it.” Uday said as he wiped the glistening sweat beads from his forehead using his elbow. It was a hot sunny day and both the friends were hungry. They had spent hours in the forest to collect the dried leaves, twigs and logs to light the fire in their cozy cottage. They needed to find work for their living soon as they were deprived of the basic necessities they required for a simple lifestyle.

“How do you do this?” Veer asked getting irritated in hunger.

Uday guffawed, “This is the life of a common man, dear prince. I do it daily.”

Veer was beyond embarrassed. An uncomfortable silence seeped in and Uday realized he had indeed, hit at the wrong nerve. Though he was saddened at the state of his prince but he was indeed, happy for the prodigious queen of Vijaygarh. No woman deserved the scandal Veer had planned for the queen and Uday was glad that the tragedy was overturned.

Being a firm believer of karma, Uday was pretty satisfied at the turn of events. He was sure that the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was fire who had capability of decimating the prince in anger. Reminiscing the greed of the prince, Uday could not help but pity the fate of his friend who was leading a very pathetic life.

“Veer, you should have not conspired the clandestine act for the queen”, Uday spoke coming out of his reverie.

“I regret that each day”, Veer mumbled incoherently. He was deeply saddened realizing his mistake.

“I wish you could repent your actions. Playing with the virtue of a lady is sin.” Uday replied as he began lighting the fire. He had placed the ingredients of yellow lentil in an earthen pot for their lunch.

The hazel green eyes of the strong prince turned glossy as his voice turned hoarse. Wiping the unshed tears, he lamented, “I was blind in anger and greed. I wanted her throne. I wanted her kingdom. In my madness, I forgot my values. I was insane to sideline my love for her as I continued to implement my ridiculous plans to ruin her.”

“It was lust, Veer. It was pure lust.” Uday spoke his mind. He knew his friend since childhood and he had sensed the affection Veer had for the mighty queen. Despite he knew that everything was lost but still he wanted to be sure of Veer’s feelings.

“No, I love her”, Veer argued. It pained him to hear the truth. No doubts, initially Veer lusted for Aparajita, her petite figure and milky white skin but gradually, he had fallen for her wisdom and kindness.

“You remember once a farmer came in the royal court. His wife was raped.” Uday spoke remembering an anecdote from the royal court of Shivgarh.

“Are you talking about the lady who was pregnant? Their house was burnt and she died.” Veer asked getting puzzled.

“Yes!” Uday chimed in. “Veer, I was so proud of you that day when you ensured justice to the family but you truly brought shame to the royal Rajputana dynasty when you stooped so low that you were ready to take the virtue of another girl. You are a sinner, Veer. How would you punish yourself?” Veer thundered in the silent ambience of the small cottage as he flipped the chapatti on the earthen stove.

“I am a sinner…. I need to apologize…. I need to earn the apology…. I need to repent my deeds….” Veer lamented incoherently as he hiccupped all the while. He was indeed, crying.

Uday felt bad for his friend. Leaving the chapattis, he caressed Veer’s back consoling him while he sobbed.

“I wish you could redeem your deeds, Veer but it is too late now. Forget everything now. We will figure out ways to earn our living.” Uday whispered cooing his friend to stop weeping. It pained him to see a Rajputana prince crying hard but he could not help but pity the twists and turns of destiny.

On the one hand, Veer and Uday had their lunch reminiscing the bitter-sweet symphonies of their life on a hot summer day while on the other hand, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore enjoyed her lavish lunch in the magnificent palace of Shivgarh.

Notably the prodigious queen had visited Shivgarh to meet all the nobles and wise ministers of Shivgarh. She had attended the assembly of local people of Shivgarh and assured them of their safety and well-being under the leadership of Vijaygarh.

The natives of Shivgarh had realized though the royalty of the kingdom had changed but their lives were secured just like olden times. They were quite satisfied when they bowed in front of the mighty queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and hailed the shouts of joy for her.

Within a month, the queen had won the hearts of people of Shivgarh by reducing their taxes and supplying them with the basic amenities they desired of. No doubts, the mighty queen was successful in winning hearts of the people of her new kingdom.

❤❤❤

Hello everyone

Hopefully you are doing good 😉

Finally I am back with another update 😍

I will back soon, till then don't forget to shower your love on this story!!!!🤩🤩🤩

Please vote and drop in your views on the chapter!!!🥰

What's your take about Veer, btw? 🤔

Don't go away without hitting the ⭐ only if you liked the chapter 😜

Love you all
💜

P.S I hope each one of you enjoyed your Valentine's day 😍