Chapter 37

It was early in the morning when the queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had returned back to her chambers after early morning practice of sword-fighting with her mentor, Siddharth Pratap Singh.

The weather was gloomy as dark, gray clouds were spread across the sky and strong winds were blowing. It would definitely rain today, Aparajita thought as she instructed the maids to prepare the hot steam bath for her.

After a relaxing bath, the royal maids were braiding the ebony black hair of the royal queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore in her bed chambers when one of the royal guards informed the queen, “Your Highness! The revered king, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore wants to see you in his chambers”, and left the lavish royal room after bowing in front of her.

Today was indeed a special day and hence, queen was excited. After all, she was attending the inauguration of the canal of Surajpur this day. Once ready to attend the meetings in the royal court and visit Surajpur to inaugurate the canal built to support the poor farmers and help in irrigation of the crops, Aparajita smiled looking at herself in the mirror.

Clad in a royal blue skirt and parrot green blouse which had a soft silk fabric and flowers embroidered in the golden threads, Aparajita was indeed looking beautiful. She wore an exquisite necklace of priceless diamonds which was gifted by the prince of Shivgarh and a small smile crept on her plump lips. The prince has a great choice, she thought as she covered her head with the veil.

Aparajita was about to leave her bed chambers when she saw the familiar bird coming towards her royal palace. She scoffed realizing the white pigeon was indeed Dharmadoot which meant another letter by the prince of Shivgarh for her.

“Privacy”, she commanded gesturing the royal maids to leave her alone as the pigeon entered her chamber and fluttered its wings flying in circles around her. Aparajita sighed as she took the letter and rushed to her upholstered royal chair and sat down to read the letter of the prince.

She wanted to meet her father first but she realized the pigeon would not go until she sent the reply so she opened the letter and smiled upon the prince insistence to call him by his name. She chuckled realizing the failing efforts of the prince who was trying to woo her any cost.

At the same time, Aparajita knew she could not make any mistake of having any clandestine affair with the prince because she had responsibilities of her kingdom on her shoulders.

Reading the lines, ‘Aparajita, you have stolen the peace of mind, my appetite, my sleep and my heart too. I am helpless now.’ Aparajita could not help but chuckle.

She caressed the beautiful penmanship by the prince in the black ink with her thumb and involuntarily rolled her eyes. She had butterflies in her stomach and magnificent words written by Veerbhadra were indeed softening her heart.

“Get a grip on yourself, young lady”, Aparajita chided the little girl inside herself who was enchanted by the magical spell of the sentimental letter Veerbhadra had sent her.

‘So Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, can a humble prince have the honor of meeting you, seeing you and talking to you once more?’

Aparajita smirked as she read this line and wondered the not-so-humble prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput indeed, knew how to flatter a powerful queen. She sighed as she wondered it was necessary to inform the prince about the fortification of her royal kingdom because if the prince was found to be trespassing the territory of Vijaygarh, he would definitely be thrown in dungeons thereby, leading to another battle with Shivgarh and her normal interaction with him could be termed as an illicit act. Being concerned about the peace and prosperity of her kingdom along with her chastity, Aparajita contemplated to inform him beforehand.

Reading the words, ‘With love’, Aparajita mumbled to herself, “There is no love, prince. It is mere infatuation with my beauty and generosity”, trying to bring her swaying heart back on track.

“You are born to be a queen and protect your people. You are not meant to love, get married, bear kids and have a family.” Her inner conscience reminded the queen of her responsibilities as a ruler of Vijaygarh and soon the smile on her face was replaced by a tough emotionless exterior.

She sighed realizing she had to stop everything without spoiling the bilateral relations between Shivgarh and Vijaygarh. She was not aware of whether the prince of Shivgarh had true feelings for her or not but she knew she had to cage her budding emotions in her heart.

Being a wise girl, Aparajita knew the clandestine love affairs between the royals of two kingdoms never ended on good note and hence, she was not ready for a heartbreak. Moreover, she knew her father had trusted her and crowned her as the queen of Rathore clan therefore, she could never take any step that would bring shame to Rathore clan and her kingdom.

Picking up her quill and dipping in the red ink, she wrote a letter for Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput with unknown sorrow in her chocolate brown eyes.

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput

I am extremely busy with fortification of my kingdom and hence, I will not be able to meet you in near future.

You are the future king of Shivgarh and you have your own set of responsibilities towards your kingdom. I would suggest you to focus on your life and your kingdom instead of trying to meet me.

Since the construction of wall is going around in the forest, I would advise you to not trespass the territory of Vijaygarh because the royal guards are vigilant there. In case you are caught, I will be compelled to take action against you.

Trust me, prince, I want harmonious relations between both kingdoms because we have already lost much in the battle five years ago.

I don’t want anything except good diplomatic relations so we are not meeting in future and I don’t want to involve in any secret conversation via letters with you. Such things don’t end up on good note, being a royal of Rajput clan, you can very well understand what I am trying to convey.

Good bye

Regards
Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore

With a heavy heart, Aparajita folded the letter when the loud thunder struck in the sky accompanied with lightning. She sighed realizing it had begun to rain.

Encasing the letter in an iron case to protect it from getting soaked in rainwater, she tied it around the neck of Dharmadoot kissing it emotionlessly as she bade goodbye to the adorable bird.

With myriads of emotions in her heart and sorrow in her eyes, Aparajita sighed as she remembered her kingdom and her people. She rushed to the chambers of her father wondering the reason for calling her.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

So here's another update! ♥️

See, this is surely not the end!😅

I know you disliked the letter of Aparajita right now, and trust me, Your Highnesses! I am waiting for your feedback 😅

I will be updating soon till then shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments. 💖💖

P. S don't worry in next letter Veerbhadra will compel Aparajita to meet him. 😀
They will be meeting soon 💕

Love you all
💜