Chapter 87

The former king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput was completely shattered looking at the unconscious body of his son lying lifelessly on the cot. He wanted to shriek and cry in helplessness but all he could do was pray for the well-being of his son. His heart pained looking at his wife, the queen, Maharani Naina Devi crying frantically, hugging her son who was in a deep sleep unaware of his surroundings.

The king of Vijaygarh, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore was silent spectator of the misery of the old parents. His heart pained looking at the old couple who were hapless to find their only son in comatose state. He wanted to console the old man but he could not gather courage to do the same. He wondered how he would confront those parents who were at the verge of losing their own son because of his daughter. Despite, it was the decision of the prince to plunge into the battle to help the queen still he had done a huge favor on Vijaygarh by saving the queen.

Uday Singh Chauhan, the former commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army of Shivgarh and the only confidant of the old king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput was also present in the room upon the insistence of the queen. It was torturous for him to see the revered royals of Shivgarh in a broken state but he was certainly helpless at the twists of fate. All he could do was pray for the well-being of his friend Veer which shall bring colors of joy in lives of everyone present in the room.

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, the valiant prince of Shivgarh was lying the royal chambers of Vijaygarh on a soft mattress in unconscious state. His radiant face had turn pale. His chiseled jaw were hidden in the overgrown beard. His hazel green eyes were closed adding to pain and disappointment of everyone present in the royal chambers.

“I am sorry”, the mighty queen hiccupped wiping the lone tear from her right eye. Her heart pained everyday looking at Veer lying helplessly. She had been taking care of the prince over ten days, personally administering all the medicines on time but much to her dismay, there was no improvement in the condition of the prince. The royal physician of Vijaygarh had lost hopes too.

“Your Highness! I cannot make out when the prince will recover. We have tried everything but it seems something is stopping the prince to get back to his normal life. It seems as if the prince has lost his will to live.”

The queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore remembered the exact words of the royal physician and her eyes got filled with fresh tears. Her trance of thoughts was broken when she heard the voice of old woman, Maharani Naina Devi sobbing, “Why was he there?”

Before the Rathores could respond to this question, the old king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput coaxed his wife, “Our son has a twisted mind. When I stopped him to commit vile mistakes, he did not listen to me. He must have realized his mistakes and this was his path of redemption, honorable queen”.

The fragile heart of the mighty queen ached looking into the sorrowful eyes of the old couple. She lacked guts to face the old parents who were witnessing the comatose state of their only son.

“Why did you not tell me earlier? I would have stopped him from committing the sins. I would have kept a check on his greed. Atleast, I would have saved him from this state.” The old mother lamented. Her sorrow was indeed, fathomable.

“You need not apologize. He is suffering his punishment.” The wise king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput said gesturing towards the queen of Vijaygarh with a stoic expression on his face trying hard to hide his vulnerability as a father.

“Honorable king, the prince, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh saved my life and I will be obliged forever for his sacrifice. I want to make a humble request. Treat it like a repayment.” The mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore spoke authoritatively trying to hide her pain which did not go unnoticed by her father who had taken his on one of the upholstered chairs in the royal chamber.

The king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput gestured her to speak. Taking the cue, she continued, “With due respect, I want to return Shivgarh to you. Your affection for the people of Shivgarh would lead to the prosperity of your motherland. Kindly accept this request of mine.”

A smile graced on his lips, while the old king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput replied, “Child, I am old enough to take retirement from my services as a king. My son would decide upon your request.”

“Please shift back to the royal palace of Shivgarh and spend time with your own people”, the king of Vijaygarh, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore requested out of courtesy and finally the Rajputs agreed to return back to their own home with honor.

“I want to take my son back to Shivgarh”, the Rajput queen announced on the dining table where a lavish royal feast was arranged for the guests. The dining chambers of the opulent palace were beautifully decorated with exquisite flowers and exotic gems while the dinner table was embellished with myriads of delectable dishes emanating mouthwatering aroma.

“No”, Aparajita objected embarrassing herself in front of her father and the Rajput royals. Even Nandini, who was clad in a pink dress, shunning the white sari bit the insides of her cheek to control her laughter. The whines of the young queen were enough to display her affection for the prince of Shivgarh which was still unacknowledged by her.

Both the kings passed a knowing smile as a gesture of a friendly relationship in future while Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput persuaded his wife to let their son stay in Vijaygarh till he recovers completely much to the satisfaction of Aparajita.

After the dinner, the royal ladies retired to their bed chambers while both the kings, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore and Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput strolled in the royal gardens wherein they discussed about the future of their children.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I know this isn't really good but this was necessary.

I will be back with new chapter over the weekend.😊

Sneak peak,

Nandini and Uday moments 🥰

Good day!

And do VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS.🌷

Please check out, When Amaya meets Atul as well as Error in the mean while.

Love you all
💜