Chapter 63

Under the blistering sun, the bright blue sky darkened with the sea of arrows marked the beginning of the terrific battle between the two allied kingdoms, Vijaygarh and Rajgarh. Within minutes, the clanking of swords could be heard as the enthusiastic soldiers of both the kingdoms fought with each other portraying immense valor along with patriotism and loyalty towards their kingdoms.

With large armies and tremendous infantry on both the sides, the battle was truly terrific. The hissing of arrows and howling of the soldiers could be heard all around. With molten-red blood stained on the barren battleground, one could see plentiful of noble soldiers screaming and screeching on the ground which had become slimy with intestines. A nauseating stench was rising up under the turbulent sky as the field echoed with dinging and clanking of weapons.

The effluvium of death was engulfing the sky. The battlefield echoed with wailing and whimpering of the courageous soldiers who were at the verge of dying. Despite all the destruction, the zealous soldiers with adrenaline pumped up in their bodies were ready to fight. The armors were chiming and horses were galloping with mighty soldiers killing the opponents brutally.

The king of Rajgarh, Maharaja Abhinandan Pratap Singh was sitting on a wooden chair inside a tent few feet away from the battleground with his head hung low in shame. Within the hours of beginning the war, he was devastated at the cries of his people, his soldiers and his army. His humongous army was almost shattered. Some valiant veteran soldiers were killed brutally while the others were still fighting for their nation. The novice, untrained soldiers had ran away from the battlefield fearing their death.

The kind of Rajgarh was agitated at the absurd demand of the queen and he wanted to protect his father at any cost. He did not know the reason why the mighty queen of Vijaygarh wanted his father as a captive but when he had received the letter, he lacked time to probe things.

He had questioned his father in the royal court and was definitely suspicious at the old king but he had not received any proper answer. He had immediately attacked on Vijaygarh to protect his pride, his royal clan and his father but today, he felt that an armed retaliation was a bad decision.

The newly-built scarp around the kingdom posed the biggest hurdle for the soldiers of Rajgarh, who could not enter Vijaygarh and the spontaneity of the queen was truly unexpected for all the men fighting out there. The middle-aged king was indeed, devastated at the turn of events. He could foresee his defeat and predict the danger. He wanted to protect his pride at any cost, after all, he did not want to be defeated by a woman but he was helpless in front of the impeccable valor and flawless defence strategies of the mighty queen of Vijaygarh.

"No doubts, she is truly a commendable warrior", the middle-aged king muttered as soon as he made up his mind to meet the queen and protect his people from dying. Within a day, a large amount of money was consumed and he surely did not aim to empty his royal treasure for a war where he was destined to be defeated.

On the other hand, clad in a steel armor, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore could be distinguished as a valiant soldier sitting on a black horse that galloped around the battlefield. With a heavy sword in her hand, she brutally killed the enemy soldiers of Rajgarh with rage in her dark eyes. She wanted to avenge for mother's death.

The soldiers of Vijaygarh had an edge over Rajgarh because of the newly-built scarp. They could aim the fleet of arrows efficiently at the target. Nevertheless, the soldiers of Rajgarh were swarming forward like a plague of ravenous locusts only to be hit by the arrows and meet their death on the way.

Within a day of beginning the war, the scenario was truly pathetic. With mercury-red blood all around that had oozed from the untreated wounds of the injured soldiers who were lying on the battleground along with the heaps of dead bodies, the armies decided to call it a day.

The heart of middle-aged king bled looking at the destruction. Realizing the aftermath of the war, Maharaja Abhinandan Pratap Singh decided to negotiate with the mighty queen of Vijaygarh to find out the reason why she waged the war for his father, Maharaja Dushyant Pratap Singh.

The queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was shattered at the painful sight of dead bodies and injured soldiers. The queen instructed the novice soldiers and the team of doctors to carry out the rescue operations and treat the injured soldiers of both the armies unbiasedly because she knew the loyal soldiers were just doing their duty.

The mighty queen retired to her tent and washed her face repeatedly to forget the sight of the battle. She rubbed the stains of mercury-red blood from her face as she remembered the black eyes of an opponent soldier who had attacked her today. She had slashed his neck spontaneously flipping over to prevent the attack. She flinched as the sight of his blood getting sprayed on her face flashed in front of her eyes. She puked her guts along with vomiting her thoughts of the bloody battle.

Her heart pained seeing the people brutally killed and she felt nauseated at the terrible stench that emanated from the dead as well as injured soldiers, but she was helpless. War was the only ethical way to avenge her mother's death. She felt distressed as she realized that plentiful families had lost their loved ones today because of her idea of revenge but soon, she consoled herself that Rajgarh, along with Ajeet Singh Rathore had betrayed the Rathores five years ago and therefore, it was her duty to punish each one of them.

She was startled when a royal guard entered to inform her that the commander-in-chief of the royal army, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat wanted to meet her. After instructing the guard to let him in, anxiety engulfed her. She wondered something required her immediate attention and that was perhaps, the reason for arrival of Avdhesh, after a hectic day.

"Your highness, opponents have sent a letter", Avdhesh Singh Ranawat informed as soon as he entered the tent.

Aparajita nodded and instructed him to read it. A smile crept on her lips as she realized it was a negotiation. She was happy not because she had her maiden victory as a queen but because the end of war could stop the upcoming destruction.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore

I am amazed at your warfare strategies and truly, you have fought commendably. I had never expected that a woman could give me a tough competition.

Before we proceed with the war, I want to meet you and know the reason of your absurd demand.

You want my father, the respected king, Maharaja Dushyant Pratap Singh to be held your captive. It has surely hurt my pride but your authority over your army and your skills in the battlefield have compelled me to think the reason behind this demand.

I am looking forward to meet you tomorrow morning so that we could come to a conclusion and put an end to the war before there is more destruction.

Regards
Maharaja Abhinandan Pratap Singh

A smirk crept on the face of the queen as she squinted her eyes. "I think the king is feeling ashamed to accept his defeat in from me so, he has come up with a flowery language in the negotiation letter", she commented and Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, who was reading the letter could not help but chuckle.

"Your highness, Vijaygarh is in the safest hands and we are lucky to be led by you", he spoke genuinely revering the skills of the young queen who just smiled in return.

Sending the letter to the king of Rajgarh to inform him that his demand was accepted, the queen instructed to the commander-in-chief, "Bring him from the dungeon tonight and I will meet the king tomorrow", who nodded in affirmation and left for the royal palace of Vijaygarh immediately.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

I have a sincere request, do review this chapter.💙💙💙💙

Writing a battle scene without making it a history chapter was a bit difficult but i guess, i did an 'okay job'.😂😂😂

Please hit the 🌟 button and acknowledge my hardwork.

I will be back soon till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments. 😍😍😍😍

Love you all
💜