Chapter 21

The royal court of the prosperous Vijaygarh was ostentatiously decorated and graced by the presence reliable royal ministers. It had been a month after the annual ritual at the Shatakshigiri and since then, the queen's popularity had risen to new heights. Everyone including the royal ministers and public revered the Queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore from their heart and soul.

As soon as the Queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore graced the court, the shouts of joy for her longevity echoed in the huge court. The old and reliable minister, Dharmendra Singh was getting anxious today because he had to inform the queen about a serious problem prevailing in the five villages surrounding the city of Vijaygarh along the lush, green forest region of the kingdom.

As Aparajita announced to proceed with the proceedings of the court, Dharmendra Singh said, "Your highness! I have to enlighten you about the new dacoits."

"What?" Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore exclaimed, visibly perplexed at the new information.

Keeping a check on her emotions, she enquired, "Since when, respected royal minister? And why am I informed so late?"

Studying the facial expressions of the old, loyal minister, Aparajita knew something was amiss because the kings of Vijaygarh had kept a check on the robbery and dacoits. The sudden entry of dacoits are definitely a signal of upcoming problems, she realized.

"Your highness! After the annual ritual, when our royal revenue guard went to collect the revenue from the villages of Rajpur, Rathpur, Narayanpur, Srirampur and Vanpur; the locals told they were looted and plundered by masked dacoits. At once, we thought they were bluffing to avoid paying revenues but we kept a check on the villages. Unfortunately some eight masked dacoits are plundering every village almost twice a week but we are not able to catch them since they disappear in the forest with the looted resources."

The royal minister Dharmendra Singh spoke at length explaining the critical problems faced by the villagers.
Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was perplexed as she digested the information. She realized these villages were surrounding the forest lying between Vijaygarh and Shivgarh as the four amongst these five villages were the ones they had received in the peace treaty after winning the battle against Shivgarh five years ago.

Hence, the arrival of dacoits were a problem for both the kingdoms and it can even give rise to the conflict between the kingdoms in case the situation is not kept under check. Being well-versed with the subject of diplomacy along with swordsmanship and warfare, she knew dacoits were a threat to the peace in both the kingdoms.

Seething in anger, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore roared at a louder pitch, "The revered royal minister, I am sure you know how important the peaceful environment in the border villages is especially when we share a bad history with the neighbouring kingdom."

"I am deeply disappointed with your conduct. Anyway, we shall take the action immediately." She announced.

Bowing his head, the old minister realized the gravity of the issue and opened his mouth to apologize at which Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore immediately gestured him to keep quiet. Calming down her angry nerves, she said, "At the same time I would appreciate your efforts to track them down. Don't worry, our efficient officers will catch them soon."

As Dharmendra Singh took a breath of relief, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore instructed the commanding officer of the internal affairs of the kingdom. "Trayambak Sharma, you are one of the most efficient officers responsible for maintaining the law and order of the city. So it is your responsibility to contact your subordinates and set an enquiry upon the matter. Trace the dacoits as soon as possible and I want those culprits in the dungeons in two days. No delay, mind it!"

Trayambak Sharma was serving as the commanding officer to regulate the law and order of the kingdom of Vijaygarh since last ten years and hence, was perceived to be a loyal officer. However, little did Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore know, Trayambak Sharma was a mole of Shivgarh in her kingdom.

After discussing the agendas of the royal court, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore dismissed the court late in the afternoon. Her bright face had lost its charm after she had heard about the dacoits in her kingdom. She felt she was failing as a queen as she was not able to protect her people from the criminals.

Walking into the royal lawns of the palace, today Aparajita could not admire the beauty of exotic roses, colorful carnations and other beautiful flowers grown in a mesmerizing arrangement. Sitting beside the pond in her garden, she could not find solace in the beauty of white lotuses that grew in the pond. Tired and visibly irritated, Aparajita discussed the matter with her bodyguard, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat with whom she shared friendly relations, and she realized she had to take immediate action.

She instructed the most capable officer of the army to look into the matter personally as she said, "Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, I want you to personally patrol in the villages and forest tonight and report me everything by morning. Just make sure, those insane dacoits won't get startled by you."

Nodding in affirmation, the middle-aged officer said, "Your highness! Your demand is my command. I will follow them tonight and will give you each and every information by tomorrow morning, so we can plan the course of action."

Having said this, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat left for the villages while Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore sighed in relief.

On the other hand, Trayambak Sharma was relieved when he was given the charge of searching and capturing the dacoits. He knew what he had to do. Instructing his subordinates that he would lead the search operation, he left the palace on the pretext of having lunch with his family, which was his daily routine.

Trayambak rushed to the market where he found the guileful prince of Shivgarh, Veerbhadra Singh Rajput disguised as a subordinate of a cloth merchant. Dressed shabbily, the prince was surely unrecognizable but Trayambak was used to recognizing him at the same place and in the same attire.

Like always, they met in a dark alley of the market wherein he informed the guileful prince about the proceedings of the royal court.

Veerbhadra smirked, "So, you very well know what you have to do, right?"

Trayambak nodded bowing in front of the valiant prince and left the place carefully so that no one could suspect him.

Letting out a devilish laugh, the cunning prince, Veerbhadra Singh Rajput mumbled, "Goldfish, let's meet you soon in the forest", as he reverted back to his make-shift shop at the roadside in the market.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
Hopefully you are doing good 😘
Do share your views on the chapter. 😍
I will be updating soon, till then, shower your love on this chapter with your precious votes and lovely comments. 💖💖💖
Hit the 🌟 button and share the story with your friends.
Do try Rainbow of our Love too.😘😘😘
Love you all
💜