Chapter 69

Nandini, the timid wife of the wicked self-styled humble prince, Vikrant Singh Rathore was living her life like a dead corpse. She was devoid of all emotions except hatred for her husband. Cursing her fate and mumbling profanities at her destiny, Nandini used to get up every day with just one hope in her life, the hope to take revenge against her alcoholic, monstrous husband.

On the advice of Uday Singh Chauhan, Nandini was trying hard to overhear the conversations between her disgusting husband and sly father-in-law but much to her dismay, she had not found anything worthwhile since days.

Having eavesdropped the father-son duo whenever they talked behind the closed doors in the palace, Nandini had just learnt a fact that they hated someone tremendously and were planning revenge against that anonymous person but she was not aware of the identity of that someone.

The timid tribal girl who was unwillingly married to the Rathore royal, Vikrant Singh Rathore was indeed, tired of being blamed of having wrapped her husband around her pinky finger by her discourteous mother-in-law. She felt disgusted at her infidel husband who spent most of his nights in the brothels.

The bubbly, cheerful girl now preferred to spend her time in solitude. Her weary face, expressionless eyes and degrading health spoke a lot about her melancholic life but unfortunately, there was no one with whom she could share the sorrows of her life. She felt disgusted at herself when the other tribal girls envied her for getting married into a royal family. She used to control her tears when her father used to feel blessed having a fortunate daughter like her after all, it was only her who knew that she was anything but lucky to be associated with the sly Rathores.

It was one such unfortunate day for Nandini where her husband had cursed her and fought with her. Sitting on the banks of the freely flowing river on a secluded corner, Nandini was trying to find solace in her melancholic monotony of life when a strange thought crossed through her mind and she could not help but mumble to herself,

“The mighty queen of Vijaygarh indeed, took a wise decision to banish my husband and his family after all, their disgusting souls deserve this. I hate her though, for not killing my husband for once and all. At least my life would have been better”.

Nandini sighed and her sorrowful eyes lit up gleefully as realization dawned her. Connecting the dots, she comprehended that perhaps her wicked husband wanted to take revenge against the mighty queen of Vijaygarh. She also realized that the prosperous throne of Vijaygarh could be the dearest to her husband and perhaps, it is the only reason to marry her.

No doubts, Nandini was not dumb to realize the perks of getting wedded to the daughter of village headman of Pranathgarh as her sly husband was able to gather the support of the whole tribal fraternity from all the villages.
Nandini ended up taking an oath to ensure that she would never let her husband succeed in attacking the queen and usurp the throne, she strengthened her resolve to take revenge against the monstrous, alcoholic rogue, Vikrant Singh Rathore who destroyed her beautiful life and crushed her confident identity.

As the sun hid itself behind the mountains signaling the arrival of dusk, Nandini realized it was time to get back to her cage, the Rathore Palace. Walking through the muddy lanes, Nandini got anxious as she wondered how would she confirm her assumptions but little did she know that she would be getting another dreadful news soon.

Reaching the palace, Nandini came across the unfamiliar sight of her husband pacing anxiously in the royal hall while her father-in-law seemed to be mourning over some issue.

Surprisingly, she felt elated to see her malicious mother-in-law crying silently sitting in the corner of the room. It was then Nandini realized that she had indeed, lost her generosity and kindness, for good. Sighing, she allowed the sarcastic smile to play on her lips as she strolled towards the kitchen and instructed the maids to give her some water to drink.

Nandini’s feet ached to walk towards her family and enquire the matter but she knew that those sly Rathores never considered her a part of family so they would never disclose anything in front of her so she just avoided to speak and enjoyed the show silently.

Nandini heard the faint voice of her mother-in-law speaking, “How could she throw my father in the dungeons?” and she could imagine the wicked lady gritting her red teeth laced with the juice of betel leaves.

She heard her husband who shouted at the top of his voice and instructed the servants to leave the palace. Sliding herself behind the wooden door of the spacious kitchen, Nandini decided to eavesdrop the conversation with hopes to confirm her newly found realizations.

“Father, it is just because of your decision five years ago to kill her mother that my grandfather is suffering the hell”, Vikrant shouted at his father and Nandini flinched hearing the loud pitch. She was shocked that her father-in-law had actually murdered a lady. She felt disgusted to be associated with the cunning family of criminals.

“I wish I would have killed that twelve year old Aparajita that day along with her mother”, Ajeet Singh Rathore reverted evilly and earth swept below Nandini’s feet. She closed her eyes as she tried to relate with the incomprehensible pain of a twelve year old girl whose mother was murdered by her father-in-law. Having grown up without a mother, Nandini could relate with the pain of Aparajita.

Connecting the dots, she realized that her father-in-law had murdered mother of the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore. Mentally cursing her father-in-law to have committed a heinous crime, she justified the act of the queen of Vijaygarh who had banished her these sly Rathores.

“We cannot change her deeds but we can surely save your father, Shyambhavi”, Ajeet Singh Rathore cajoled his wife who was bawling her eyes out avoiding the gaze of his son. Nandini could hear the sobs of her mother-in-law and astonishingly, those cries gave her comfort for the first time after her marriage.

“It would take us a month to gather money to attack Vijaygarh but before that we need to ensure our safety. What if, she attacks us here?” Vikrant expressed his concerns and Nandini got worried for the lives of the innocent tribals which would be destroyed in case of the attack. Mentally praying for the well-being of her people and her village, Nandini decided to request for help from Uday Singh Chauhan in case the queen of Vijaygarh attacked her people.

“We will silently leave Pranathgarh if my spies inform me about any attack, Vikrant but before that, you should be ready. Increase the supply of ale, poison and handicrafts to all the towns and kingdoms to extract more money from every merchant.” Ajeet Singh Rathore instructed his son and Nandini was shocked hearing these words.

Instantly loosing respect for her selfish father-in-law, Nandini realized how the innocent people of her village were befooled with the dreams of a better lifestyle. She was disgusted to be a part of the cunning family who was manipulating her people to make money for their selfish purpose.

The reality of her father-in-law proposing to run away in case of any attack leaving the innocent people of Pranathgarh to die in the hands of the soldiers of Vijaygarh had left Nandini appalled.

Running to her room silently, Nandini could not help but cry imagining the fate of her people and her village in case of a bloody battle. She wanted to alert her father but considering the fact that her father was blinded by the deceitful decency of her husband, she realized that there were high chances her father would not believe her words.

Lastly, she decided to inform Uday Singh Chauhan about the newly found information hoping to garner support for Pranathgarh in case of any attack from Vijaygarh.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Hopefully all of you are doing well!😊

I am back with new chapter!🥰

A good news - There are just 18 chapters to go!!!!😍😍😍

So, how's this chapter?🤔

So, how about Nandini? She is growing into a strong character, I feel. 🤔

Aparajita coming in action soon!!! 😉 😜

P.S how's the new cover?? 🤔
It signifies girl power! 👸 👑

Love you all
💜