Chapter 24

As the leader of the dacoits punched in the stomach of the brutally injured tall man, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore quietly picked up one of the swords lying on the ground and threw it in the direction of the masked dacoits catching them off guard.

The sword hit straight at the left arm of the muscular masked dacoit who had held the right shoulder of the helpless man who was screaming in pain. The sharp steel blade went straight cutting the left arm of the dacoit just below the shoulder. For once, Aparajita flinched as the shrill cry echoed in the forest startling everybody. The masked dacoit who had lost his arm forever cried looking at his bleeding arm lying on the ground alongside the sword clad in blood. Everyone was shocked. The dacoits left the man who was too shocked to realize his pain.

“Who is there?”, the dacoit shouted as he went towards the bushes in the direction of the flying sword.

Aparajita had picked two more swords and ran into the other direction. Carefully aiming at the leader of the dacoits who was walking towards the bushes, she threw the sword straight in the direction of his back.

As the cold steel sword pierced right in the center of his spinal cord, the masked dacoit flinched and slumped on the ground. Staggering a bit on his knees, the masked dacoit screamed dreadfully as his nose touched the ground. Everyone was too shocked to react.

The two dacoits ran towards their cruelly hit companion, while the other two lamented with the one who was handicapped permanently after losing his hand forever. The rest two were tightly holding the tall man leaning near the tree analyzing the presence of more than one person.

Aparajita targeted the two dacoits who were holding the helpless man. As her sword pierced through the spinal cord of one of the dacoits, Aparajita kicked the other dacoit hard on his leg making sure, he falls right on his face on the ground.

The dacoit screamed in excruciating pain as his hands went on his stomach. He was feeling wet in his own blood. Before he could react, Aparajita churned the blade of the sword inside his stomach, and pulled out the blade from his body. Losing his breath, he fell on the ground realizing he would not be able to see the next dawn in his life.

Freeing the helpless man from the grip of two muscular lads, she patted on his shoulder assuring that she would protect him. As he leaned on the ground too shocked to react at the unimaginable sight in front of him, Aparajita jumped on the other dacoit who was lying on the ground.

Sitting on the back of the trembling dacoit preventing him to get up, within fraction of seconds, she raised her sword. Getting enraged, she stabbed her sword right in the skull of the fourth dacoit killing him on the spot.

The rest four perfectly fit dacoits were startled and afraid witnessing the bloody defeat in front of them. Losing their morale, two of them picked their swords whereas one of them ran towards the valiant queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

The fourth one was running towards the hut to protect himself when Aparajita targeted him. Running towards him, she stopped right in front of him. As the unarmed dacoit tried to kick her right on her belly, Aparajita kicked him between his legs. As he staggered and stumbled falling on the ground, Aparajita stabbed her cold steel sword in his chest killing him. Her sword was dripping in the blood of two dead bodies lying on the ground of the peaceful forest but Aparajita’s agony had not decimated yet.

The leader of the dacoits whom she had hit with one of the swords lying on the ground, was crying in terrible pain. His throat was dry and he was asking for water. His eyes were drowsy and he was at the verge of losing his consciousness.

The dacoit who had lost his hand was crying helplessly when Aparajita shouted at him, “Your one hand is okay. With that give water to your partner and earn some good deeds before dying”.