Chapter 32

Clad in a beautiful purple colored skirt stitched in the finest silk fabric along with a matching blouse embellished with the exclusive gems in a spectacular design, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore entered the royal court.

All the royal ministers present in the court were awestruck at the attire of the royal queen which was classy and breathtakingly beautiful. The elegant jewelry she had worn added to her beauty and classiness. No doubts, the young queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was looking gorgeous.

The little girl in Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore smiled realizing she was attracting attention of everyone today. A smile crept on her plump lips as she realized the Prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput had a fantastic choice indeed. She was looking stunning in the royal gifts from Shivgarh, she realized.

Taking a deep breath, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore began the proceedings of the royal court. Once all the discussions were done, the queen came up with a new agenda she had in her mind. Standing up from her throne, the authoritative queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore said, “Respected ministers, today I bring to you an important matter that I have in my thoughts and I would like to have your opinions on the same”, attracting attention of all the wise ministers sitting on the luxurious chairs in the ostentatious royal court.

As the clueless ministers looked towards her anticipating her thoughts, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore said, “We know the dacoits attacked in the bordering villages and hence, security is the issue for the prosperous kingdom of Vijaygarh”, voicing her thoughts as she remembered the arrival of Prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput in the royal palace a day before.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had thought a lot about the security concerns whole night when she had got this remarkable idea which wanted to discuss with her ministers.

Though she could not voice her actual concerns and tell the real problems in the court room but she knew security of the kingdom was surely compromised and she had to tighten it at all costs.

Being revered for her far-sightedness, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore wanted to make sure that her kingdom is safe and secured from everyone, be it, the dacoits or the neighbors. For now, the conditions between Vijaygarh and Shivgarh were friendly but she could definitely not expect the same forever, she thought.

Before she could discuss her actual plan of action, an old minister, Prabhunandan Chauhan spoke up, “Your highness! You killed the dacoits so security is not an issue. The lush green jungles surrounding the kingdom protects us from everything”, voicing his thoughts.

Moreover, the old minister wanted to be in the good books of the queen so he thought little flattering shall do some good.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore sat on her throne with an authoritative aura and gestured him to keep quiet as she explained, “I know the forest is our protective over and it is difficult to reach our kingdom but at the same time, forest became an abode of insane criminals and most of the villagers lost their priced possessions.”

Everyone nodded in affirmation as she continued, “I plan the construction of the three-layered fort walls around the kingdom in all the directions. The only opening shall remain the rivers that flow in the kingdom and they will be supervised by the royal guards.”

Everyone present in the court looked shockingly at her. One of the ministers opposed her telling it was a sheer waste of money while the other one said it was simply not required. Most of the royal ministers were apprehensive of her decision and some even said that it was impossible.

She took a deep breath, once all the ministers were done with passing their own opinions leaving her aghast. She knew the root cause of the inhibitions in the royal court. After all, she was a female ruler and hence, she was required to explain each of her decisions to the old Rajput ministers who still were not able to trust her completely. She was accustomed to dealing with everyone, explaining her decisions and proving herself daily in the royal court.

She smiled as she said, “I have been informed about construction of a palace in the poor tribal village of Pranathgarh. At the same time, dacoits entered my kingdom and plundered my kingdom and hence, I, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore need to look after everyone”, emphasizing over her status of the queen.

When everyone looked at her still in dilemma, she said, “The respected minister, Dharmendra Singh will be held responsible for the fortification of the kingdom. I order him to ensure the construction of the triple layered scarp is carried out efficiently. I will be monitoring things myself”. 

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had specifically chosen Dharmendra Singh for this duty because she trusted the loyal minister completely. The old minster had proven his loyalty in the past saving her father, the old king, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore in an attack by the rivals. Dharmendra Singh nodded in affirmation accepting the new set of his duties agreeing to the queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

The young queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore explained her plan of action as she said, “I want the construction of stone walls all around the kingdom which will be seventy one feet tall. The first and the foremost layer, will be made up of the close knitted mesh of the iron wires, the second layer will be made of the bricks and mud while the outer layer of the fortified kingdom will be built with stones. Appoint all the men and women from the villages and complete the fortification within two months”, ordering everyone.

Siddharth Pratap Singh, her mentor and the royal guard openly appreciated her decision realizing the queen’s inhibitions. After all, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, the commander-in-chief of the royal army had told the queen and her mentor about the fighting skills of the dacoits who fought like trained royal guards.

Moreover, the presence of the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput with the dacoits had also left the three of them shaken because they knew the prince of the neighboring kingdom loitering in the kingdom of Vijaygarh was indeed, like a silence before the storm.

Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, the commander-in-chief of the royal army of Vijaygarh agreed to the queen explaining the advantages of fortification of the royal kingdom from all the direction and appointment of trained royal guards at the gates of the scarp. Ultimately, the decision made by the queen was welcomed by all followed by the announcement of the adjournment of the royal court.

Dharmendra Singh went to gather his most trusted men as he was enthusiastic to begin with the second venture of the queen as soon as possible while the other ministers left the court envying the loyal minister.

The anxious Trayambak Sharma rushed to inform the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput about the new venture of the queen. He wanted the prince to leave the kingdom of Vijaygarh as quickly as possible otherwise it would become difficult for the prince to move out of Vijaygarh once fortification began.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore walked out of the royal court still debating if she should confide in her mentor, Siddharth Pratap Singh about the arrival of Prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput in the royal palace disguised as a cloth trader. She walked to her chambers as she decided to avoid the topic for the sake of peace and harmony between the two kingdoms.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
So, I am back with an update. 💖
I am really sorry, I couldn't update it yesterday. 😔
I will be back soon till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with plentiful votes and lovely comments. 😍 😍
Your comments and votes give me immense happiness 😉😉😉
Make me happy 😅
Love you all
💜