Chapter 81

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput trembled in fear under the queen’s piercing glare while the soldiers of Vijaygarh looked at him expectantly. The commander-in-chief of the army of Vijaygarh, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat looked at the queen inquisitively at her sudden demand but he was not in a position to question Her Highness.

The masculine hands of Veerbhadra shivered as they rose up to remove the cloth from his mouth. He was mentally chanting the name of Lord Shiva to help him and save him from the wrath of queen. Before, Veerbhadra could reveal his real identity, the sound of conch shells and trumpets resonated in the battlefield marking the end of the break.

“Your Highness, let’s discuss the strategy further before getting back to the battleground”, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat pleaded in a pure professional tone and soon, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore began to explain the strategy of attack to the army. Having got an amazing opportunity to save himself, Veerbhadra quietly sneaked out towards the battleground before Aparajita could notice his absence.

“Veer, you were gone today”, Uday chuckled looking at his friend who was panting hard.

“She recognized me”, Veerbhadra said with panic on his face.

Uday smiled and patted his back. “Veer, you are doing something good for her but she cannot trust you because you have broken her”, Uday consoled his friend and gestured to prove himself in the war.

“Attack!” Vikrant Singh Rathore ordered to his tribal men as he simpered looking towards the anxious queen of Vijaygarh.

The tribal men swarmed towards the army of Vijaygarh like the plague of voracious locusts only to meet the tempest of fire arrows whizzing and whistling in the benighted sky on the way. The mighty queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was disheartened with the deaths of the patriotic soldiers of Vijaygarh so when the commander-in-chief had suggested this idea, she could not deny.

Veerbhadra’s speech had instilled the feeling of patriotism and selflessness in the army when the soldiers were afraid of their defeat. With the grace of the Almighty, the army of Vijaygarh was fighting courageously with the newly found passion to save their homeland from the clutches of their rivals. The questions about the efficiency of their queen were replaced by the sense of respect for her selflessness and valor.

The rejuvenated army of Vijaygarh kept killing the tribal army of Pranathgarh mercilessly which left Vikrant Singh Rathore baffled. The whimpers and wails of the opponents resonated in the blood-stained battleground that was slimy with the remnants of the martyred soldiers while the rapacious vultures flew over the battlefield in search of their prey.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was pumped up with adrenaline as she saw her courageous army getting overjoyed at the little moments of success. She headed towards her bewildered cousin who was standing on his chariot defenseless.

The queen knew that Vikrant Singh Rathore was not a proficient swordsman because he used to spend time in brothels and taverns when she practiced hard to hone her warrior skills. The queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was enraged as the whimpers of her dying mother rang in her ears. Seeing her enemy who played a key role in killing her mother, Maharani Manjughosha Devi, the queen attacked Vikrant ferociously with the cold, metallic blade she had clutched in her hand.

Lunging her sharp sword towards Vikrant, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh pulled Vikrant Singh Rathore in a dual which decided the fate of Vijaygarh. The sounds of clashing and clinking of swords reverberated in the battleground and anxious soldiers witnessed the ferocious fight of the two royals attentively.

“See, my queen is fighting violently. She will emerge victorious.” The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput grinned with pride on his face.

Uday, who was standing before him was lost in his musings. “I wish Her Highness kills this rogue right here. He must have tortured poor Nandini a lot. Finally she will be free from this rogue.” Uday voiced out his thoughts.

Veerbhadra chuckled looking at his friend. “No doubts, the lady of Pranathgarh is a righteous woman. She is brave enough to go against her scoundrel husband.” Veerbhadra spoke with reverence for the daughter of headman of Pranathgarh. He could sense a spark of affection in Uday for the young lady but he decided to question him later. As of now, the prince was intently watching the battlefield.

Vikrant Singh Rathore could imagine himself sitting on the ostentatious throne of Vijaygarh. He was immensely angry at his arrogant cousin who had audacity to drag him in the battlefield. He was determined to kill the mighty queen of Vijaygarh and he was quite overconfident at his father’s strategy.

Vikrant knew defeating Aparajita was not an easy task after all, she was a skilful warrior but fortunately, his father, Ajeet Singh Rathore had planned everything for his victory, beforehand. Despite his father was not present in the battleground but he had anticipated the dual between the two royals. Being an adept strategist when it came to deceive someone, Ajeet Singh Rathore had appointed someone to attack Aparajita going against the ethics of the battle.

Swinging her steel sword forward, the powerful queen attacked Vikrant suddenly breaking his shield into two pieces. Even before her cunning cousin could react, he stumbled over the ground grumbling in pain. On the other hand, stood Ajay, a tribal soldier clutching a spear dipped in Cobra’s venom in his hand.

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was immediately alerted as he looked towards that suspicious soldier who was perhaps, finding a moment to attack the queen with spear.

Veerbhadra’s breath hitched as he sensed the lurking danger. With lightning speed, he ran towards the queen singlehandedly signaling Uday to catch that suspicious fellow in the battlefield.

Without wasting time, the queen launched another attack at him lunging her sword towards Vikrant who laid on the ground with a smirk plastered on his face after all, he was waiting for the venomous spear to hit the queen. The prince cautiously pushed the queen over Vikrant as he saw the spear coming towards her.

With the sudden push, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh cursed angrily as her sword pierced right into the left eye of Vikrant Singh Rathore who shrieked in never-ending agony. His molten-red blood spluttered on the queen’s angry face as metallic taste of the red fluid engulfed the surroundings. Uday who had caught Ajay was shell-shocked looking at the poisonous spear that had pierced in the crook of neck of his friend.

The powerful queen was blinded with rage. Grabbing the opportunity to kill her cousin who had planned to usurp her father’s legacy, she pierced her blood-stained sword into Vikrant’s body and a loud scream reverberated in the ominous battlefield. The courageous soldiers of Vijaygarh were elated at the victory of their queen and they hailed the shouts of joy for Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore capturing the aggressive tribal soldiers as the prisoners of war.

Uday Singh Chauhan was devastated witnessing the downfall of his brave friend, Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, who had saved the love of his life by sacrificing himself. Dragging Ajay with him, he walked towards the queen who was still looking towards the dead body of Vikrant Singh Rathore that laid lifelessly on the battleground oblivious to another body that was lying on her right side.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Good morning 🌼

This was thie most emotionally draining chapter till date!

So, I am happy that scoundrel Vikrant is no more 🙁

I am looking forward for Nandini and Uday to explore their feelings 😄

My heart is aching for Veer. This is probably the right punishment for him.💔

Share your views on the chapter♥️

And I hope you liked the cliffhanger 😅

🌹🌹🌹🌹I will be back soon, till then please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Love you all
💜