[One-Shot #1 Kirari] Music

Requested: potatoes_with_beeves

Warning: None

Words: 764

---

The fear of losing a placement you won, earned, being the top of your family name. Kirari, the council president, a family member of the Momobami clan, was losing something she was known for. Her focus and composure in a gamble. The word was spreading among the school, even when Runa and other members of the council were trying to lessen the rumors that were true. Because of this valuable information, many people were targeting her, gambling her, doing anything to gain higher power since they knew her mind was not in the best place.

Sayaka looked at Kirari who stared emotionlessly at the fish that roamed the tank. She was more worried about the president than anyone else in the room. Yuriko was more focused on the reputation of the council, forcing Runa to stop rumors from getting out of hand. Midari didn’t care about Kirari’s state. Yumemi is too busy focusing on her dream to care about who was president. Ririka, the vice-president, was focused worried about her sister, but more importantly on Momobami's clan status.

Kirari walked away from the tank, exiting the room to take a stroll around the hallways of the academy to clear her head. She knew, then anyone else, that she was becoming the weakest, and the people who believed to be the strongest are now preying on her. She needed to not be a liability, or she will end up no longer being the student council president.  She didn’t understand why she wasn’t able to get her mind back to the way it was. 

She continued her stroll, halting when the soothing voice of a koto, a japanese string instrument. She looked at the ajar door of an empty and abandoned room. She pushed it open, her blues eyes landing on a mysterious girl. The girl had her eyes closed, plucking the strings using plectra, and other fingers holding down string, creating beautiful music that captivated Kirari. She closed her eyes, making sure she didn’t disturb the cute girl. Once the last note rang the room, the girl looked up at the blue-eyed president. She was bewildered that the president stood in front of her, those mesmerizing eyes stared down at her with such wonder.

“President?” She called. 

“You play very well.” Kirari smiled. 

“Thank you, President.” 

“What’s your name?” Kirar asked. 

“Y/N, Y/N L/N.” She answered. 

After the two first met each other, Kirari kept visiting the hours Y/N was practicing or playing the instrument. It was a nice feeling, the two grew closer, and soon sparks flew between them. Until, Kirari had to gamble against someone, and accepted the invitation. During the gamble, Y/N was near by playing the koto without knowing the effect it had on Kirari. It soothed her, calming her to the point that she was able to focus on the gamble more than before, winning the gamble at her normal rate. 

“Tch! Those rumors were fake!” The opponent through their cards on the table. 

Kirari looked over at her members seeing the smiles, and they looked at her with pride and respect with a hint of fear. Ririka, behind the mask, was less anxious after her win. It showed that Kirari was in the game, being her usual self, and that scared people that wanted to power at her lowest. Kirari never thought an instrument would set her mind at peace for her to focus better.

The day after, she confronted you after your usual song. She towered over Y/N, her blue-eyes looking right at Y/N’s [color-eyes]. She sat in front of Y/N. she would have never thought music would bring her closer to someone. 

“You are the key.” She said. “To my problem.”

“Am I?” Y/N chuckled

“Yes, so would you like to join the student council?”

“I would like to.” 

“I’m glad you’re on board.” She stood up walking away. “And maybe.” She glanced back. “We can be more than peers.”

Y/N smiled. “That seems like a day I am looking forward to.”

And it certainly became a reality, Kirari became less reliant on your music, but that doesn’t mean she was sick of hearing it. She would fall asleep to it after school hours. She grew something stronger for you, something that couldn’t be broken so easily. 

“Would you like to be something more?” She asked. 

“A girlfriend?” Y/N asked. 

Kirari smirked. “I had that in mind.”

“Then yes,” Y/N smiled. “I would love to.”